Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Sloppy judo

  1. #1
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,629
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Sloppy judo

    I'm sure at least some of you have seen this video of the police taking down a drunk woman. Now besides the obvious argument over force, he was shitty at throwing. Seriously he had zero hip control and she got almost no air time.

    https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcne...hnique-n744426

    Any thoughts??

  2. #2
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    4,515
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I'm sure at least some of you have seen this video of the police taking down a drunk woman. Now besides the obvious argument over force, he was shitty at throwing. Seriously he had zero hip control and she got almost no air time.

    https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcne...hnique-n744426

    Any thoughts??
    Good thing he studied hand to hand at the academy for 4 hours. Colorado is a safer place now that a pretty, drunk girl in 6 inch pumps has been face planted.

  3. #3
    itwasntme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Norf Carolina, throw ya hands up
    Posts
    2,158
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I'm sure at least some of you have seen this video of the police taking down a drunk woman. Now besides the obvious argument over force, he was shitty at throwing. Seriously he had zero hip control and she got almost no air time.

    https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcne...hnique-n744426

    Any thoughts??
    so your chief complaint is he didn't take her down harder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Lift a lot of weights and sexually assault anyone who tries step to you. Flip the script. Watch that fight turn to flight when you go for penetration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Just for future reference dude..... when you are doing it right you don't soil your under-roos when you nail chicks.

  4. #4
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    4,515
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    so your chief complaint is he didn't take her down harder?
    In judo it wouldn't have scored......

  5. #5
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,867
    Style
    Jits
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Any thoughts??
    That was an Aikido throw.

  6. #6
    itwasntme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Norf Carolina, throw ya hands up
    Posts
    2,158
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    That was an Aikido throw.
    i didn't think it looked like any judo throw i had ever seen, but then again i never even got my green belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Lift a lot of weights and sexually assault anyone who tries step to you. Flip the script. Watch that fight turn to flight when you go for penetration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Just for future reference dude..... when you are doing it right you don't soil your under-roos when you nail chicks.

  7. #7
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    4,515
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    That was an Aikido throw.
    So Aikido only works on drunk girls in heels it seems. That seems about right.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The Street
    Posts
    464
    Style
    Pit fighting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was no punching to the head which equals to = nothing happened

  9. #9
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    13,553
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    In judo it wouldn't have scored......
    In an judo match that would be an immediate DQ for throwing with an armbar and face-planting her.

    I saw the video this morning, had a chuckle at "judo-like trip" or whatever the description was.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

  10. #10
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    13,553
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    i didn't think it looked like any judo throw i had ever seen, but then again i never even got my green belt.
    Near-leg Tai Otoshi using an armbar for leverage. DQ for throwing with armbar and face-planting on purpose.

    The move could be legal if done with control, but not the way the cop did it. Straight up standard arm bar takedown, and very well done. I think he overestimated the amount of force he needed to use on a skinny chick wearing high heels.

    If she isn't in need of facial recon surgery, then it's all good...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in