2/16/2013 6:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    2/16/2013 6:50pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One nice thing about the weight of the 1911 is that it helps cut down on felt recoil.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/16/2013 9:05pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to make a confession. The very first time I held a 1911 (didn't shoot it though) I was about 20 and in the Corps. It belonged to a buddy of mine. He bought it and wanted me to take a look.

I was like WTF is with the grip safety for ****'s sake? AND a thumb safety? AND an external hammer? Do I look like I want to navigate through a fucking Rube Goldberg machine before I get the high privilege of firing off eight whole rounds? Did some kid at the school for the blind design this ugly piece of ****? Pfft. The M9 Beretta is WAY better.

Youth is wasted on the young.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    2/17/2013 1:48am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Late Post - Mrs TEA got me a new holster

It took me a while to get comfortable with carrying in Condition One. One of the guys over on the 1911 Forum suggested to carry cocked and locked sans magazine around the house and doing chores to get comfortable with it. Between that and a lot of range time, I'm completely comfortable with carrying on Condition One now.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Posted On:
    2/17/2013 4:40pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was never spooked by condition one: I was too busy being spooked by handling a lethal weapon. I learned my 1911 inside and out, including studying its history*, and all that remained was a healthy respect for the consequences of fucking up. I hate that I had to sell itóand I genuinely miss itóbut I think I'm going to get a GLOCK 19 (when I've got the money for a gun again) so that carrying is more feasible.

*My 1911 was an M1911A1 clone, but it came with a flat mainspring housing due to market demand. Having noticed that I naturally pointed low, I recalled that the A1 revision included an arched mainspring housing to counter that exact problem. After installing an A1-correct arched mainspring housing, my natural point of aim was absolutely perfect.

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 9:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It looks like you got a good holster, sounds like you have an amazing wife. Good for you brother. Oh, and 1911 in condition 1? All day.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    2/19/2013 8:24am

Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I'm going to make a confession. The very first time I held a 1911 (didn't shoot it though) I was about 20 and in the Corps. It belonged to a buddy of mine. He bought it and wanted me to take a look.

I was like WTF is with the grip safety for ****'s sake? AND a thumb safety? AND an external hammer? Do I look like I want to navigate through a fucking Rube Goldberg machine before I get the high privilege of firing off eight whole rounds? Did some kid at the school for the blind design this ugly piece of ****? Pfft. The M9 Beretta is WAY better.

Youth is wasted on the young.
    The only thing I liked about the M9 over the M1911 was the capacity, but you needed 4 or 5 rounds of 9mm to do what the .45 could do in 1 or 2.

That's a really nice holster TEA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12