230518 Bullies, 3922 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 17 of 17
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. erezb is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,290

    Posted On:
    2/20/2013 7:15am


     Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    You know... I was able to just blow this off as a publicity stunt. That's fine. Whatever.

    But the part that filled me with rage is actually in Seagal's wardrobe choice. That thing around his neck is a shemaugh. A shemaugh is typically worn by several groups of people but primarily recognizable from two sources: Arabs and soldiers in desert environments. Well, Seagal isn't an Arab. And he isn't a soldier. So that leaves fucking tacticool poseur.

    Now, I obviously have no issue with people buying shemaughs. I own a few myself. Apparently it's also fashionable on the runway these days. Honestly I doubt I'd have this viscerial gut reaction if I didn't already know Seagal was such a fucking posing poseur.
    Is Shemaugh an arabic word? I was sure it is called Kaffia.
    The Jordanians have red ones and the Palestinians have the black and white. When is saw it on him, i got pissed too..Here it is like a flag basically.
  2. Chili Pepper is online now
    Chili Pepper's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,232

    Posted On:
    2/20/2013 8:57am


     Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Is Shemaugh an arabic word? I was sure it is called Kaffia.
    They're called both.

    The Jordanians have red ones and the Palestinians have the black and white. When is saw it on him, i got pissed too..Here it is like a flag basically.
    My old roommate had one in the colours of the PLO flag.
  3. ChuckWepner is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Chicago / Michigan
    Posts
    391

    Posted On:
    2/20/2013 12:58pm


     

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Is Shemaugh an arabic word? I was sure it is called Kaffia.
    The Jordanians have red ones and the Palestinians have the black and white. When is saw it on him, i got pissed too..Here it is like a flag basically.
    "Shemagh" (the preferred English spelling, although there are several others) is supposedly taken into English from British Army usage from soldiers stationed in the Middle East as an anglicisation of شماغ (šmāġ). According to various websites (perhaps all under the influence of Wikipedia), "shemagh mhadab" or "shmagh mhadab" is the term preferred by Jordanians for the headscarves in the version favored in their country.

    Keffiyeh (spelled several ways) is from the Arabic كوفية (kufíyya), possibly ultimately from Late Latin cofea, meaning "helmet" (some say instead from the town name of Al-Kufa, Iraq).

    One can also be called, depending on where you are in the Arab, Persian, Turkish, or Kurdish world, a ghutrah, ḥaṭṭah, mashadah, chafiye, cemedanî, puşi, or yashmagh.

    Today's answer was brought to you by Google.
    Last edited by ChuckWepner; 2/20/2013 1:06pm at .
  4. Pharabus is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    450

    Posted On:
    2/20/2013 1:09pm


     Style: Kali

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    "Shemagh" (the preferred English spelling, although there are several others) is supposedly taken into English from British Army usage from soldiers stationed in the Middle East as an anglicisation of شماغ (šmāġ). According to various websites (perhaps all under the influence of Wikipedia), "shemagh mhadab" or "shmagh mhadab" is the term preferred by Jordanians for the headscarves in the version favored in their country.

    Keffiyeh (spelled several ways) is from the Arabic كوفية (kufíyya), possibly ultimately from Late Latin cofea, meaning "helmet" (some say instead from the town name of Al-Kufa, Iraq).

    One can also be called, depending on where you are in the Arab, Persian, Turkish, or Kurdish world, a ghutrah, ḥaṭṭah, mashadah, chafiye, cemedanî, puşi, or yashmagh.

    Today's answer was brought to you by Google.
    so, what you are saying is, Seagal is a posing tosser and Arpaio is an attention whore?
  5. ChuckWepner is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Chicago / Michigan
    Posts
    391

    Posted On:
    2/20/2013 1:17pm


     

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharabus View Post
    so, what you are saying is, Seagal is a posing tosser and Arpaio is an attention whore?
    Exactly! And they need Chris Hansen to help them screen their volunteer deputies.
  6. Wing-Kwan-Fu is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    185

    Posted On:
    3/23/2013 8:21pm


     Style: Standup, Ground-fighting

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One million training hours is only about 114 years of solid training. Doable.
  7. Sam Browning is online now

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    9,870

    Posted On:
    3/23/2013 10:18pm

    hall of famestaff
     

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As much as I can figure out, Steve is a police groupie, who attaches himself to police departments that will have him. In many states, like Connecticut, you don't get to be a police officer until you have first passed a standardized police academy course that fulfill what is called POST standards. So I'm wondering, can Steve prove he ever entered and graduated a police academy, or is he somehow counting his martial arts training in aikido towards his thousands of hours.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.