Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    2/16/2013 10:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    they're cutting wresting but still do crap like dressage. it's ridiculous.

"Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    2/16/2013 11:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I call troll on the part of the IOC. Wrestling's not going to go, and the scare this has caused will bring renewed interest in the games from a demographic that's been turned off by dressage and ribbon twirling. Just you watch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2013 4:37pm

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
    I call troll on the part of the IOC. Wrestling's not going to go, and the scare this has caused will bring renewed interest in the games from a demographic that's been turned off by dressage and ribbon twirling. Just you watch.
    you know, I don't really resent the fact that dorky sports like dressage, badminton and girls' baton and ribbon twirling are included. I do, very much, resent that the IOC includes professional sports that have a dumbass, egomaniacal, overpaid top tier like golf, tennis and basketball.

Does Tiger Woods really need a gold medal? How many green jackets and loose women will it take satiate his insane ego? Does bajillionaire Kobe Bryant really feel a rush of patriotism when he is beating the snot of the Czech Republic? If you won Wimbledon and the US Open do you really need a gold medal?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2013 12:48pm

Style: AMAI TKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Combat_Games

World Combat Games this year.

Aikido, Boxing, Fencing, Judo, Ju-Jitsu, Karate, Kendo, Kickboxing, Muaythai, Hapkido, Sambo, Savate, Sumo, Taekwondo, Wrestling and Wushu.

The other combat sports should ban the Olympics and make the WCG their "Olympics".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2013 10:21am

Style: BJJ Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    they're cutting wresting but still do crap like dressage. it's ridiculous.

I DO dressage and it is Not rediculous. If you are ever in Winnipeg Canada find the Goju Karate center and let them know your veiws on Dressage. I'm sure to hear about it and maybe you can pop up on one of my quieter school horses. I think you will change your mind after 15 minutes in the tack. :)

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    6/18/2013 5:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teekin View Post
    I DO dressage and it is Not rediculous. If you are ever in Winnipeg Canada find the Goju Karate center and let them know your veiws on Dressage. I'm sure to hear about it and maybe you can pop up on one of my quieter school horses. I think you will change your mind after 15 minutes in the tack. :)
    cutting wrestling, arguably the oldest & hardest Olympic sport to make room for things like horse dancing **** like dressage IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS (not rediculous btw).
    I don't give a **** if your whole goju karate slap fighting squad ride their dancing horses in the Kentucky Derby, it's still ridiculous.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/18/2013 6:06pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is dressage well represented at all outside of Europe and North America? Do you think dressage is a good sport of choice for people around the entire world, from different socioeconomic backgrounds, to aspire to be champions? All you need to wrestle is your body and a partner. Dressage requires a horse, a saddle, fancy clothes, and the open space and resources needed to take care of a horse. Will there be opportunities for inner city youth to get into Olympic dressage?

Also, does the whole Winnipeg goju karate center love dressage? Are there no karateka among them who are indifferent or against it?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/19/2013 9:17am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, OK. I guess since YOU do dressage, that makes in not rediculous. Whatever. First I had to look dressage up, because I had no idea what it was. But after looking it up, I can now give my opinion that it is a stupid sport and has no place in the olympics.

Put wrestling back in, take dressage out.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/19/2013 10:37am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If dressage and wrestling could somehow be combined, though, I'd watch it. Fancy-horseback-wrestling, they'd call it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/19/2013 10:47am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I DO dressage and it is Not rediculous.
    LOL.

If you are ever in Winnipeg Canada find the Goju Karate center and let them know your veiws on Dressage. I'm sure to hear about it and maybe you can pop up on one of my quieter school horses.
    Wow, what passive agressive logical fallacy laden post. What, the Goju center is full of dick headed assholes? What Martial Art center is going to worry about an internet/personal opinion on dressage, let alone do something about it?

I think you will change your mind after 15 minutes in the tack. :)
    No, I wouldn't change my mind.
    I've tried curling while fun, that **** is ridiculous.
    Badminton is fun, but that **** is ridiculous.
    Dressage, Badminton and curling should be gone, wrestling should stay.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast