Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2013 9:14pm

Style: Kickboxin & Shootfightin

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mitrione suspended after transphobic comments

Didn't see this posted here yet.

Bloody Elbows reported that Mitriones been suspended after comments he made on "MMA hour" about Fallon Fox which breached the UFC's code of conduct.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/4/8/...ox-transphobia

Haven't tried posting links before. Hope it came out ok

Posted On:
    4/08/2013 9:21pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just saw this pop up in one of my streams. Wolf used to train with Mitrione.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2013 9:32pm

Style: Kickboxin & Shootfightin

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its definately causing a number on heated discussions at the bottom of the article, with some interesting points from both sides of the debate.

Personally?? i think his comments are way out of line. Sure,it might only be his opinion,but they had nothing to do with Fallons fight ability or physical advantages/disadvantages and displayed an attitude of intolerance that needs to change in society in general.

I'm also interested to see what kind of teeth the Code of Conduct has.
    Last edited by KiwiPhil889; 4/08/2013 9:39pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2013 9:54pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Just saw this pop up in one of my streams. Wolf used to train with Mitrione.
    Do you suspect that the issues Mitrione is upset about aren't really about transgender?

I've listened to him on podcasts and while he is an emotional guy and doesn't have much of a verbal editor, he has seemed like much more of a live-and-let-live guy than he sounds like in these comments (to put it mildly).

The stuff about Fox "lying" and being "sociopathic," etc., make it sound like he feels personally betrayed or had dealings with Fox in which he or someone close to him was badly mistreated, or something along those lines, from his perspective.

None of this, of course, makes the abusive comments about Fox's gender identity acceptable. Whatever their history, he went way over the line when he sank to bigoted abuse like "disgusting freak."

The issue of transgender athletes in gender-separated sports is a tough one for MMA, I think. Someone who goes through puberty and young adulthood as a male is developing strength and training in a radically different hormonal context than one who goes through them as a woman. There are of course substantial differences within each sex, too, but the being male vs. being female during one's developmental years seems like a difference that it would be hard to ignore fairly.

Since I am no expert in physiology, I await stern correction from the better informed.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/09/2013 8:02am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't realize transphobia was a thing.

I'm not even going to get into whether his suspension was justified. I really don't give a ****. You piss off your boss, you're likely to get fired. Whatever.

What makes me lol is how quickly you disgusting freaks jump on the bandwagon and gnash your teeth about how fucked up Mitrione is. Ermagherd! He hurt somebody's feelings! He said something negative about this he-she who beats up on women!

**** people's feelings and **** all you who think somebody is a worthless piece of **** for saying something that might cause butthurt. Fucking whiny children. Man the **** up. The world doesn't owe your feelings a fucking thing.

"Hith attithude of intoleranth." **** you pussies.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    4/09/2013 8:08am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What Devil said. Also keep in mind, Fallon Fox lied to the athletic commision by keeping silent about being a dude... I think *gotta look into the details first*

EDIT: Sorry, jumped in without reading first. Still agreeing with Devil.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/09/2013 8:53am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ox-youre-a-man

I try to avoid Bleacher Report like the plague but they have a good summary of Rogan's comments - who is a much more visible figure in the UFC than Matt Mitrione.

Posted On:
    4/09/2013 9:04am

Style: JiuJistu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny, how rogan says "look at her hands" etc. to justify his point. So does Gabi Garcia get to compete at the male division now?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/09/2013 11:34am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't really see why people agree. Pro-trans folks will think he's an intolerant asshole, and anti-trans folks will think that he's criticizing Fox for all the wrong reasons.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2013 2:31pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I didn't realize transphobia was a thing.

I'm not even going to get into whether his suspension was justified. I really don't give a ****. You piss off your boss, you're likely to get fired. Whatever.

What makes me lol is how quickly you disgusting freaks jump on the bandwagon and gnash your teeth about how fucked up Mitrione is. Ermagherd! He hurt somebody's feelings! He said something negative about this he-she who beats up on women!

**** people's feelings and **** all you who think somebody is a worthless piece of **** for saying something that might cause butthurt. Fucking whiny children. Man the **** up. The world doesn't owe your feelings a fucking thing.

"Hith attithude of intoleranth." **** you pussies.
    Big thumbs up. All this hypersensativity makes me fucking sick.
Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast