Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2013 2:38pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    I'm still only squatting. This is just planning for when I move past the novice stage of this workout. My goal will still be strength, so should I sub overhead press with bench and add pushups?
    The novice/beginner stage is like 6 months. Even more if you're eating enough and genetically superior, don't worry about intermediate just yet, bro.

On another note, Mark Rippetoe recommends the overhead press as shoulder rehab. Maybe you ought to research that bit more.

You can ask him on the startingstrength.com forums FAQ section.

He's a bit abrasive but I imagine after all the abuse you received on bullshido dealing with him will be a piece of cake lol.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/26/2013 3:09pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Squat Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    The novice/beginner stage is like 6 months. Even more if you're eating enough and genetically superior, don't worry about intermediate just yet, bro.
    Trust me, I'm not trying to rush out of novice stage lol, I just like to plan ahead. I'm kinda OCD about plans.

On another note, Mark Rippetoe recommends the overhead press as shoulder rehab. Maybe you ought to research that bit more.

You can ask him on the startingstrength.com forums FAQ section.

He's a bit abrasive but I imagine after all the abuse you received on bullshido dealing with him will be a piece of cake lol.
    So, this kinda makes me think I should just incorporate this new routine now (read: when my shoulder heals), with aforementioned substitutions.

Thoughts?
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2013 4:22pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Trust me, I'm not trying to rush out of novice stage lol, I just like to plan ahead. I'm kinda OCD about plans.

So, this kinda makes me think I should just incorporate this new routine now (read: when my shoulder heals), with aforementioned substitutions.

Thoughts?
    Sorry, I can't help you.

If I were you, though, I'd check with Rip, he knows a lot about injuries and ****, AND he's nice enough to offer free advice.

Me, I don't know much.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/26/2013 4:35pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Squat Machine

Thanks, Mister, I'll check it out.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678