Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 3:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice work, especially from on top and passing.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/05/2013 9:40pm

Style: Judo-Brown

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by franginho View Post
    Yes, I was talking about the three no gi videos.
    If it works for you, then that is all you need to know.
    I can't play like that because I tend to get sweeped/put back into guard with my hips high (I am tall an skinny) thus I play low.

@ Mr. Miyagi,
    Sorry, but if he fails to get the choke, what you want me to post? Sure I could also talk about how to maybe trap one of the arms from back control to then make the choke happen, but I identified a simple issue (getting under the chin) and gave a few ideas on how he could work on that. The best solutions are simple, basic and thus high percentage.

As for my rank, I hope I will get my purple by the end of the year, so he is a bit ahead in rank, it doesn't make my point invalid though.

For the high hips, as mentioned, that is a question of how you like to roll. Let me quote myself and
    I said, he controls the guy but in a different way because his game is different. Now you are going to say I should give him specific advise to his style....
    I think that if he would try to play low in addition and isolate that arm from half or side control he could get additional sub options.

For the Triangle,
    I disagree, mainly because I get triangles against way larger guys all the time and that is exactly what they do. Shoulder walking will not save you, it is to get you a little bit of space/time to grab that shin, step on that hip and get that angle you are talking about. I had a video (I have to check if I still have or it went away together with my dead hard drive, if I find it I will post it) where my old Prof. stacks me to the point of my knee being next to my ear and I keep that triangle locked, he then proceeded to collar choke me because he couldn't stack me any further.
    Is everybody as flexible, no. Is there the possibility of getting smashed, yes. Once more, create that space to angle by taking of a bit of that pressure.

Just think about it, what is your best triangle defense? Mine is posture! (Yes there are other defenses, but they put you in the risk of sweeps and other subs on the way out.) If the guy stacks you, he is working himself into the sub... not out.
    I honestly appreciate the feedback, and hope you continue to do so on my future videos.

I know i have a purple belt tag but, i have been training for thirteen years. I got my brown belt over two years ago, and I can say with pride, and without ego, i am not far from my black. I'm more than a little ahead, not that it really matters. But the one way it does matters in the sense that when I say I couldn't finish the triangle, it isn't because I don't know how to finish it.

You offered great advice on my back choke game. But not to be rude, it wasn't like you said anything i didn't already know. I completely agreed with the advice you gave. And i want to continue to receive it. It is interesting to see other people's perspectives. We are allowed to disagree, no harm, no foul.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    10/13/2013 5:36pm

Style: Judo-Brown

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Black Belt Exhibition Match yesterday- I was too tentative. I have to start competing more than once every nine months.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123