222074 Bullies, 4028 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 11:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo23 View Post
    Assuming that's the real manifesto. The first version I read just talked about the LAPD. Seemed odd to me that someone on a shooting rampage would be pro gun control- and supporting Feinstein's bill no less? I dunno- he is a nut on a shooting rampage, and I do tend to be conspiracy minded, but there's something incongruous about the celebrity sucking sections of that document.
    Mojo23 (if that really is your name) - I'm not at all interested in having an AboveTopSecret discussion about the federal government killing cops and making this guy a patsy and planting fake documents, or any of that ****.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 11:16am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Would you agree that his knowledge of Police procedure and general doctrine is providing him with an advantage..

I find it difficult, given the very public knowledge of this person's activities and, they know who he is, that he's remaining at large without the help and assistance of others.

To ultimately achieve his aims he needs to be mobile and have the ability to plan, prepare and then deliver his objectives, this can't be easy if operating alone. At this stage, I'm guessing he's already achieved what he set out to do by creating the fear factor and, upping the tactical alert status of an entire police force. I'm making an assumption therefore that he could just lay low for a protracted time before choosing to act again (if ever).
    I would definitely agree that his knowledge gives him an advantage.

I also agree that he can't hide forever without help but it hasn't been that long. He could've had enough food in a single pack to survive longer than this. Plus, surviving/hiding and mounting any kind of offense are two different things. I believe he'll get caught, or more likely killed when he starts moving around again. Everybody knows who he is. I expect he'll kill a couple more in the process though.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 11:28am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Of course it's a big deal if you're one of the three. You're missing my point. My point is that others have been more successful in their efforts and it hasn't served as a roadmap for terror that others have followed, which is what you were getting at in your post. The DC shooters are the first that come to mind. That manhunt was every bit as big as this one, if not bigger. This is not some unprecedented new level of terror.

If he goes for a while without being captured and keeps killing cops for the next 6 months, I'll re-evaluate my assessment of the situation.
    Yeah, I followed the DC shooters pretty close. One of the people killed was one if my teachers in high school. Yeah, they did a pretty good job and could have gone further if they really wanted to.

I'm not saying it is unprecedented, but it seems like more of this stuff is popping up lately, and the more it happens, the more people learn from them. It would be better if all of his tactics were not plastered all over the net and TV for people to see.

Obviously opinions will change as this goes on, or ends. I tend to be pessimistic on these types of things, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Would you agree that his knowledge of Police procedure and general doctrine is providing him with an advantage..

I find it difficult, given the very public knowledge of this person's activities and, they know who he is, that he's remaining at large without the help and assistance of others.

To ultimately achieve his aims he needs to be mobile and have the ability to plan, prepare and then deliver his objectives, this can't be easy if operating alone. At this stage, I'm guessing he's already achieved what he set out to do by creating the fear factor and, upping the tactical alert status of an entire police force. I'm making an assumption therefore that he could just lay low for a protracted time before choosing to act again (if ever).
    Yeah, his knowledge of police tactics, specifically the ones he is targeting would be very benificial. He knows, from the inside what they will be doing to try and find him which would allow him to stay hidden longer, compared to someone ignorant of their methods. But, the fact that they know that he knows is also benificial to the police because they will know some stuff wont work, right away.

I think he difinitly will already think he is successful. Just having the police on high tactical alert will be satifying to him. It will also cause a lot of fatigue and stress on the ones pursuing him. That helps him, too. I would assume they are bringing in the FBI to help, but every part of that department will be feeling this worse and worse as it goes on.

If he is doing it without any help, then he is even more of a bad ass. But he has had a few years to plan, if he has been doing that. So he may have thuroughly set up his safe areas, alternate transpertation, and food sources.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 11:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would definitely agree that his knowledge gives him an advantage.

I also agree that he can't hide forever without help but it hasn't been that long. He could've had enough food in a single pack to survive longer than this. Plus, surviving/hiding and mounting any kind of offense are two different things. I believe he'll get caught, or more likely killed when he starts moving around again. Everybody knows who he is. I expect he'll kill a couple more in the process though.
    Yeah, I'm guessing that he has another car since he ditched his. If he had a car/van/SUV that was packed full of suplies then that alone can last him for a while. Then he just needs a place to park and hide.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 11:38am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    If he is doing it without any help, then he is even more of a bad ass.
    If you think this guy is a badass, I would say you're easily impressed. He killed two unsuspecting civilians, then had a couple shootouts with officers resulting in one death - all with the element of surprise on his side before the full scope of the situation was clear to law enforcement.

Now he's off in a hidey hole somewhere just hoping he'll be able to find a way to kill a couple more cops before he gets wasted.

McKayla Maroney is not impressed.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 11:52am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you think this guy is a badass, I would say you're easily impressed.
    I don't think he has earned bad ass status yet. That's why I said "more of a", rather than "is a". Time will tell.

And who is McKayla Maroney?
    Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 11:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    I don't think he has earned bad ass status yet. That's why I said "more of a", rather than "is a". Time will tell.

And who is McKayla Maroney?
    Oh, nevermind. I hate explaining jokes.

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 12:11pm

Style: bjj/judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not that this justifies anything, but I saw this story this morning:

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_n...-found-in-road

It seems like he was a better than average human being before snapping.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 12:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, nevermind. I hate explaining jokes.
    I'm fucking off. I know who she is. :)

Yeah, I noticed that every picture they post is him smilling and seems to be having a good time. I hope they can find some pictures of him looking mean so we can villainize him a little better.
    Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 12:58pm

Style: PTK / MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mojo23 (if that really is your name) - I'm not at all interested in having an AboveTopSecret discussion about the federal government killing cops and making this guy a patsy and planting fake documents, or any of that ****.
    I actually think it's far more likely that some idiot blogger decided he'd push an agenda by modifying the manifesto and the media just ran with that version because it mentions people in the media. Reason being, the first place I saw that version was on the website of a filmmaker looking for funds for anti-gun documentaries. But whatever, that's about all the evidence I've got.

And yes, mojo23 is my real name as specified on my long-form birth certificate.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast