--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is this a McDojo?

Hi everyone
    I'm in Vancouver and I've been looking into studying a martial art for a while now and I've decided to take the plunge.
    I have a club near me that offers 'sport kickboxing' and I decided to check it out and I'm a little unsure about the place, it just seems to have an awful lot of black belts as members and for $200 a month seems very expensive, especially as they want to sign me up for 12 months at a time!
    Having researched 'Mcdojos' on the net this place seems to check a few boxes, I was wondering if anybody had any experience of the place?
    The name of the club is 'Champions' in North Vancouver
    Thanks

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If so it looks like a place that I would avoid.

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee supporting member
    Style
    SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seems a bit expensive, I would never pay that much for MA lessons. If they offer a free intro class you should check it, at least you can compare it to other places in the area.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats the place, after more research I think you're correct, "Black belt club" appears to be a give away. I think I'll take my money elsewhere!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the replies

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Is this a McDojo?

"The champions guarantee! If you find another academy that matches our experience, facility, knowledge and customer service, we will not only match their price but beat if by 5%! The Champions adult program is simply the best our there. Period."

Lol that's some criteria. Something tells me few, if any, have ever received this, sadly.

What are you trying to learn? There are members here from all over, if you throw it out there maybe, just maybe, somebody will have a recommendation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Lift a lot of weights and sexually assault anyone who tries step to you. Flip the script. Watch that fight turn to flight when you go for penetration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Just for future reference dude..... when you are doing it right you don't soil your under-roos when you nail chicks.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    "The champions guarantee! If you find another academy that matches our experience, facility, knowledge and customer service, we will not only match their price but beat if by 5%! The Champions adult program is simply the best our there. Period."

Lol that's some criteria. Something tells me few, if any, have ever received this, sadly.

What are you trying to learn? There are members here from all over, if you throw it out there maybe, just maybe, somebody will have a recommendation.
    Hi
    I was looking to do some form of kickboxing, though to be honest i'm pretty flexable, I just wanna find a good reputable school that can whip me into shape and teach practical skills. if anyone knows of good places in Vancouver(preferably north Van) I would welcome any advice.