Our Sponsors:

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2013 4:11pm

Style: Taekwondo/Eskrima

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was no straw men. You are not clear on your claims, but leave a vague opening for misinterpretation and then proceed to say "That was a straw man!" That is exactly what is going on.

That video showed solid evidence of practical Taekwondo training the same kind of training many kickboxers use and other martial arts. Such techniques have been proven effective in fights all over the place, and those techniques are in the curriculum of Taekwondo. You said it's how someone trains that makes them tough. That is solid training and you even admitted it. Everything else you blabbed about is irrelevant. Taekwondo has techniques that allow for effective fighting and such gyms in that video train their students realistically with good training. That is factual evidence of solid and efective training. It is simply denial to say "It only proves they can hit pads and spar light contact). I would love it if you could go to that actual gym and say that.

It seems you want simply fights to prove evdience:

Here is a street fight showing that TKD guy throwing a low spinning heel kick to the ribs is effective.

here is a style vs style match (while I admit their clinch work needs serious work it still shows Taekwondo with real resistance against it. Some techniques worked great in this video and some did not work so well, but it shows that Taekwondo can be used against real resistance and not only in olympic rules but also kickboxing type of events; and also the TKD guy won.

My claim is that Taekwondo was created to be a fighting system from masters heavily based on shotokan (such people believing shotokan was a fighting system and not just a sport), Taekwondo has techniques like other martial arts: such techniques being effective in fighting situations and self defense, Taekwondo has the possibility to be trained effectively with great training drills and class room structures and I provided evidence that proves this, Taekwondo has been used in kickboxing effectively and other fight venues including MMA (Anthony Pettis etc.), some Taekwondo guys have won street fights with a Taekwondo move, therefore I claim Taekwondo in itself when trained in proper ways for the focus of self defense and fighting is a decent martial art that can be used in fighting and self-defense.

But finding a gym that trains Taekwondo in such a way is rare and the majority do train ineffective, but you cannot appeal to the majority and use it as evidence to claim Taekwondo itself is only an ineffective system. That is illogical.

I do not believe TKD alone is the ultimate way for self defense or that nothing else is necessary (BJJ, judo etc), but I am claiming there is solid evidence that Taekwondo is currently and has been used by some people effectively. The intention of Taekwondo's creation was for fighting. Taekwondo is a beneficial martial art that has a variety of effective techniques.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2013 4:14pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another:

Taekwondo used in Kickboxing. You were confused about the possibility of Taekwondo and Kickboxing sparring used for Taekwondo fighting. Well here you go.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/09/2013 5:16pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The best part of this thread? Both of you have built straw man arguments and you both deny it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2013 6:21pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    The best part of this thread? Both of you have built straw man arguments and you both deny it.
    If I built straw men it was not malicious, but simply a misunderstanding and I apologize for it. It is very vague to me what Owl's point was.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2013 6:51pm

Style: aikido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is going nowhere, we're way off the topic of the thread, and Andrew is now so desperate that he is retroactively downvoting posts from yesterday that he has already replied to. Time to give up. Sorry for the thread hijack.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/09/2013 7:24pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL. Don't put this all on Andrew, you decided to use a strawman to attack his post.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2013 7:40pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do not mean, in expressing my contempt for Andrew's present conduct, to imply that this is all his fault. I hijacked the thread, I started an argument that was never going to go anywhere, and I apologize.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/09/2013 8:04pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, you did. Still, OwlMatt, you asked for proof and it was provided. This is why people say STFU and "you do not talk for Bullshido." Now, if Andrew would have written a post like this, we'd all be laughing at you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD nutruder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by New to bullshido Aliveness nutrider View Post
    you must first assert that taekwondo was ever a realistic fighting system. I think you'd have a hard time providing any strong evidence for that.

You become a fighter by fighting, not by training in a taekwondo dojang.

STFU NOOB
    Instead, you both wrote terrible essays that would have received Fs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2013 8:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair enough. Like I said, sorry.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/10/2013 7:32am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew WA View Post
    Thi sis an example of quality Taekwondo training that helps people use Taekwondo effectively in fighting and/or self-defense. This is Grandmaster Hee Il Cho's son teaching a random class.

I suppose some people will still say, "Yeah, but that is not Taekwondo. And they were not fighting full contact for realzzz" You just can't please some people...
    Anyone looking for full contact Taekwondo should look to Hee Il Cho.
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 LastLast