Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/29/2013 12:52pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorekara View Post
    Thanks for the posts. I talked more extensively with some of the TKD people I know. I get along great with them, and we all know what martial art we each practice/practiced. On our breaks, or spare time, I ask them questions and certain "what if scenarios". The two I'm most impressed with are the one Hapkido BB and the TKD 3rd BB (w/ "hapkido style") as he calls it.

There's definitely some interesting stuff there. I find it interesting there's a lot of intricate movement involved. Some of the techniques I see new revelations for Judo, and one of the guys showed me something I always thought was escapeable, which appeared to be quite painful. Although we both understand there's always something different in a live encounter, there was some useful stuff there.

I think I have a new respect for some of the TKD'ers and Hapkido'ers. It's pretty cool, I have 2 martial artists and one Bullshido guy in the same place to compare.

The 2 TKD/Hapkido people seemed to demonstrate (what seems to me) nice technique, with an admittance to " it all depends". The one, "Registered leathal weapon" has a definite, "I kick you in the back of the knee, you go down, "INSTANTLY!" Then I grab you by the ankle, and your hair, and proceed to pull your leg apart at the knee."

I'm thinking I might take a few TKD classes, or maybe Hapkido classes. I loved seeing the contrast of achieving the same goal, with different moves. Awesome.
    Your post is seriously giving me a headache. Go try it out but seriously I think I want to slap the guy with the "Registered Lethal Weapons" hands.

Posted On:
    4/02/2013 8:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "...Then I grab you by the ankle, and your hair, and proceed to pull your leg apart at the knee."
    Doesn't everybody?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2013 3:46pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Your post is seriously giving me a headache. Go try it out but seriously I think I want to slap the guy with the "Registered Lethal Weapons" hands.
    LOL, I can see why it gives you a headache. Anyway, What I said here isn't what seems to be implied by any sense.
    As far as the Lethal Weapon... I prefer to perpetuate his delusions for more reasons than I care to post. But, mostly my own amusement. You'll just have to trust me that it's worth it. Then again........

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/03/2013 7:37am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, I can see why it gives you a headache. Anyway, What I said here isn't what seems to be implied by any sense.
    As far as the Lethal Weapon... I prefer to perpetuate his delusions for more reasons than I care to post. But, mostly my own amusement. You'll just have to trust me that it's worth it. Then again........
    Cassius & I were sitting in a bar once chatting up a lady friend who had just begun Muay Thai. She was relating her experience, we were encouraging her and occasionally offering feedback. Two seats down, a gentlemen announces he was some sort of point sparring champion with X-dan black belt in karate, and begins to explain to us how knife hand strikes are superior to everything, or something like that. Cassius and I said nothing, trying not to choke on our bourbon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2013 11:55am

Style: Kempo Karate, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to do TKD. I did it because It help me with my focus (I have an attention span of gerbil) and with fitness. Even though It didn't teach me how to fight I have many fond memories of it, but I am ready for an art that is actually going to teach me self defense now.

Posted On:
    5/12/2013 3:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kyokushin karate, bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Taekwondo is a great workout because it works a lot with lower body and some upper body strength. It is also fun to do but these are mostly for the world taekwondo federation. For international taekwondo it is a whole new thing with more grappling, throwing, striking with hands, manipulation, etc.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/13/2013 10:17pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kalvin374 View Post
    Taekwondo is a great workout because it works a lot with lower body and some upper body strength. It is also fun to do but these are mostly for the world taekwondo federation. For international taekwondo it is a whole new thing with more grappling, throwing, striking with hands, manipulation, etc.
    Are you stationed on the rock or be you a native? The former I'm guessing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2013 2:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Love Taekwondo!

Peace from Croatia

Posted On:
    5/26/2013 5:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I took TKD in the late 70s early 80s. I remember the sparring at the end of class being hard, full contact sparring. High kicks were thrown sparingly. Back then most of the instructors had day jobs and taught at night because the loved the art and loved fighting. Kiddie classes killed TKD.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2013 5:51pm

Style: Kempo Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know what? This forum got me thinking about taking it again to improve my kicks. Maybe I will look up a taekwondo (or tang soo do) place in the CSRA.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast