222426 Bullies, 4368 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/05/2013 4:25am

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!

I am looking for a Changquan kung fu school in China that teaches foreigners?

Hello Friends,

I am looking for a Changquan kung fu school in China that teaches foreigners? I am 19 years old and I live in the United States. I want to move to China to learn kung-fu. I prefer to learn Changquan, but really I just want to learn kung fu, and apply myself. I do not want to do this as a hobby, but rather to be known by my kung fu. Does anyone know of any schools that accepts foreigners, or has any advice?

Thanks In Advance,
    Michal Zalewski

shaolinkungfus.com

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/05/2013 4:59am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A mod will soon move this...
    My daughter was an exchange student in China near Chendu. You'd think that there would be all sorts of opportunities to learn CMAs, but the local Kung Fu instructor couldn't make any money teaching KF, so he was teaching Tae Kwon Do, which she took classes in because as a karate bb whe wanted to work out. But she said TKD was the big fad and there just wasn't any CMA to be found... in a city of tens of millions.

I'd study CMA in the USA or maybe Taiwan. China is fucked up, in my humble opinion. Most KF schools would want your money and would do their best to appeal to your love of Asian ****, but as far as I know, they are mostly a bunch of fakes. Why do you want to go there? I've spent plenty of time in China and most of China is dirty and kinda a drag. It's nice to visit (you'll learn what a capitalist dictatorship looks like) and I'd certainly tell everyone to go to Asia if given the chance, but I'd rather hang out in Vietnam and Laos, or Indonesia etc etc China was way more fun thirty years ago and while there's still some nice places, mostly they are way outside the cities. The cities are super polluted, crowded and you'll hardly ever get layed.

Actually there is one good KF guy in Honolulu, a master of the real deal temple **** as far as a couple Bullshido respected members have found out. If you convince me, I'll help you connect. The air, food, climate, living conditions, social scene, sun, beaches, surf, girls etc etc are way better in Hawaii, to say nothing about it having the most per capita number of good schools anywhere on the planet - because you want to cross train!

Or go to San Fran and study Tai Chi under Master Ben Lo, he's the real deal too.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 2/05/2013 5:14am at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2013 5:15am

Style: Taijiquan, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Michal,

What Pat said.

Also, check out fatal Rose's thread in the CMA section.

Pat, please can I come to Honolulu as well?

Posted On:
    2/05/2013 5:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome.
    Please read all of the threads that say README.

This article will help you define your goals and choose a school:
    http://www.bullshido.org/Finding_a_g...al_arts_school

This recent thread is by someone living and training in China:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=119705

Those are both relevant to your search.
    Good luck.

Posted On:
    2/06/2013 5:44pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MichalZalewski View Post
    Hello Friends,

I am looking for a Changquan kung fu school in China that teaches foreigners? I am 19 years old and I live in the United States. I want to move to China to learn kung-fu. I prefer to learn Changquan, but really I just want to learn kung fu, and apply myself. I do not want to do this as a hobby, but rather to be known by my kung fu. Does anyone know of any schools that accepts foreigners, or has any advice?

Thanks In Advance,
    Michal Zalewski

shaolinkungfus.com
    Anymore posting about your "Shaolin Temple Kung Fu school China" without purchase of an advertising package will result in a ban. We aren't here as your free advertising board Michal Zalewski.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/payments.php
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido