Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/06/2013 10:48pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Per said pdf I think the intermediate no-gi is under the same rules as the blue belt gi.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    2/10/2013 9:51am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    Per said pdf I think the intermediate no-gi is under the same rules as the blue belt gi.
    Thanks, I"m not competent with leg locks yet.

Can anyone break down the new registration requirements for someone who's been punched in the head a lot?

Judging by miyagi's Facebook post my school will need to be registered or something. How do I figure out if Garra is? I just want to break some fools, too many barriers to enter.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Posted On:
    2/10/2013 10:52pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    Thanks, I"m not competent with leg locks yet.

Can anyone break down the new registration requirements for someone who's been punched in the head a lot?

Judging by miyagi's Facebook post my school will need to be registered or something. How do I figure out if Garra is? I just want to break some fools, too many barriers to enter.
    OK, battlefields, glad you are not doing the insane cut you were looking at, that would blow dicks. New weight range much better option and keep you set for having energy to actually compete and not feel like a used sock.

I've only got 2 kilos min to lose to get to 97 so feeling good ;p in comparison; come at me, blue belt division! Will aim to drop down for the others slowly :).

I've already started having comp dreams (I'm winning pretty well).

Sang, registration requirements aren't needed for this first March 10th comp, it's only after that for these ones (I've left out NQLD and other state ones in the list below):

AFBJJ - Comp 1: April 27 QLD State Championships
    QBJJC - Comp 2: June 29/30 Sunday South Pacific Championships
    QBJJC - Comp 3: August 4 Sunday
    AFBJJ - Pan Pacifics October 4/5/6 (Melb)

Weigh-ins are before your first match. So no water cutting without a major detriment in that first match.

White leg lock rules, straight ankle locks are allowed (same as blue/purp - only changes at brown/black for toe holds and kneebars zz! So unfortunately there's no naga-like changes for no gi which would allow knee reaping to control straight ankle locks better etc. The way the rules currently look is that blue/purp the berimbolo owns until people can defend it (with something really simple) but there's also NO FEAR of the toe hold counter at all.

Blue-Purple leg lock rules, page 22 they made it really easy to see and they are the same as white belt: straight ankle locks are allowed; no twisting attacks; no turning into the attacked leg (e.g. into the hip centre of the leg you are attacking); no knee bars; no toe holds; no hip locks; no compression locks/slicers http://afbjj.com/images/ibjjf%20rules%202013.pdf

Sang, for the AFBJJ comps and registration, I forget the name of the place you train, Barra at the Gabba(?), but you can check to see if they are already registered on the drop down list here, I have a feeling you guys probably already are: http://afbjj.com/index.php?option=co...ries&Itemid=35
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 1:43am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Miyagi View Post
    OK, battlefields, glad you are not doing the insane cut you were looking at, that would blow dicks. New weight range much better option and keep you set for having energy to actually compete and not feel like a used sock.

I've only got 2 kilos min to lose to get to 97 so feeling good ;p in comparison; come at me, blue belt division! Will aim to drop down for the others slowly :).

I've already started having comp dreams (I'm winning pretty well).

Sang, registration requirements aren't needed for this first March 10th comp, it's only after that for these ones (I've left out NQLD and other state ones in the list below):

AFBJJ - Comp 1: April 27 QLD State Championships
    QBJJC - Comp 2: June 29/30 Sunday South Pacific Championships
    QBJJC - Comp 3: August 4 Sunday
    AFBJJ - Pan Pacifics October 4/5/6 (Melb)

Weigh-ins are before your first match. So no water cutting without a major detriment in that first match.

White leg lock rules, straight ankle locks are allowed (same as blue/purp - only changes at brown/black for toe holds and kneebars zz! So unfortunately there's no naga-like changes for no gi which would allow knee reaping to control straight ankle locks better etc. The way the rules currently look is that blue/purp the berimbolo owns until people can defend it (with something really simple) but there's also NO FEAR of the toe hold counter at all.

Blue-Purple leg lock rules, page 22 they made it really easy to see and they are the same as white belt: straight ankle locks are allowed; no twisting attacks; no turning into the attacked leg (e.g. into the hip centre of the leg you are attacking); no knee bars; no toe holds; no hip locks; no compression locks/slicers http://afbjj.com/images/ibjjf%20rules%202013.pdf

Sang, for the AFBJJ comps and registration, I forget the name of the place you train, Barra at the Gabba(?), but you can check to see if they are already registered on the drop down list here, I have a feeling you guys probably already are: http://afbjj.com/index.php?option=co...ries&Itemid=35
    Wow thanks Miyagi, my club is on the list so that saves me from freaking out about that. Same with the leg locks thing, our school is so focused on competition rulesets i don't think I'd be walking out of a naga-like event.

Yep all the good blues do that silly sweep here too, I've tried hard no avoid it and a few other techniques that won't translate to MMA, so we'll see if i can win the tournament with closed guard, butterfly and head&arm choke variations.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 1:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Double post.................
    Last edited by Sang; 2/11/2013 1:54am at .
    Kenny Weldon

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 11:43pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    Wow thanks Miyagi, my club is on the list so that saves me from freaking out about that. Same with the leg locks thing, our school is so focused on competition rulesets i don't think I'd be walking out of a naga-like event.

Yep all the good blues do that silly sweep here too, I've tried hard no avoid it and a few other techniques that won't translate to MMA, so we'll see if i can win the tournament with closed guard, butterfly and head&arm choke variations.
    Hey, all good! Finally got my head around all the weirdness of the ruleset...to a degree, heh. So you'll be back from Thailand for this one then!?

Technique derail: The sweep is actually pretty good, and goes straight to the back, or straight to mount, it's really interesting, but can be shut down pretty fast without much effort, really waiting to see people shutting it down a bit more.

I prefer the RDLR hook into (insert list of names) Spiral/Kiss of Dragon/Farmer Sweep instead as you can hit that to the back gi/no gi and you end up with some fun scrambles/attacks.

I'm hoping for a good run in this comp, be the first time in about 2.5 years (since I got blue) that I'll be competing having come off insecurities in general at start of blue then injuries after that, then money issues with having a mortgage, haha. So really looking forward to getting in as many as I can before I get graded up...hopefully as late as possible this year...even December grading + would be best...hahaha.
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 11:47pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sang, would be good to meet up at the comp, PM me your digits. Either way, Miyagi could probably introduce.

Weighed myself this morning, yo.

94.8kg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    2/12/2013 12:06am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got approval in principle for this comp so barring unforseen circumstances I'm in!

Heading in the right direction mate, the gi allowace is pretty generous so you don't have to worry about getting in too far under the limit sans gi.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    2/12/2013 12:27am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doesn't matter now, bro. I'm in full on strip fat mode. Started the MMA course last night. Nearly 3.5 hours of work out. Today's my "day off", in that I only train for 1 hour. Good clean diet, supplement strategy and a whole lotta awesome.

2.6kg in a week with little to no exercise? **** yeah. Imagine what I'll do with daily extreme exercise. Probably another 2kg next week. I'll at least be under 90kg at the tournie. The focus shift though is less on jits and more on MMA now, considering in three months I'm going to be facing someone that wants to punch, kick and choke me. A medal would be nice at this comp, though. A gold medal. A SHINY gold medal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    2/12/2013 12:41am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sweet, I look foward to squaring up against you in the title fight, action movie style!

Have they announced the rize dates yet or is it a seperate promotion you fight at?

If you bring your shin guards and gloves on saturday we could do a round or two of standup if you like. That could be good actually, I wouldn't mind seeing some footage of me sparring, might help me to figure out why everyone finds it so damn easy to punch me in the face!
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast