Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 3:50pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm from North County and I'm down to go to one whenever one is set up. I'm also going to school at UCI and therefore down for any OC throwdowns.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/11/2013 4:17pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Next month, I'm gonna be moving out to Santee. Once there, I'm putting together a little garage dojo. Bullies are welcome to stop by, but it'll be too small for a real TD.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2013 12:09am

Style: HS Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When this throwdown happens, can we invite other people to it too? I'm thinking of inviting my friends (who're even newer in fighting than me!), along with a Master I found who is currently accepting invitations to fight.

From
    "Due to their own ignorance, the trolls such as Kwimalo, Herausragen, come to Master Randy K. Li's Youtube channel to cast their rude comments with bad languages, racial slurs, and sexist comments against Master Li. Kwimalo even created a false Youtube channel using Master Li's name and disfigured picture in hope of getting the public mad at Master Li. Master Li is now offering a chance for these bigoted trolls to fight him by making an appointment if they have the balls to do that!"

I'd love to have Master Li make an appearance at a neutral fighting ground and have a spar with him.

I responded [brackets are my comments]:
    "Wait really? Where is Master Li? Could I fight him even though I wasn't trolling? I'd love to try against a Master!
    [trying to sound excited that it was a MASTER!]

Would he come to an agreed neutral fighting ground (it'd be unfair if I had to go to his dojo or he came to a place that I'm familiar with)?
    [thus, the throwdown would be the easiest place to confer him to]

What would the rules be under? (I'd prefer mma-ruleset to see how versatile Wing Chun is)
    [saying how versatile it'd be because Master Li stated that mma/ground fighting was worthless so we can see how a Master striker does against someone with ground game]

Would the video of it be posted on youtube, no matter the outcome?
    [a safety net, I'm pretty sure it'll get on one way or another]"

(Please keep in mind that I wasn't trolling and never troll in martial arts, I was watching muay thai videos to kickboxing videos which led to wing chun vs kickboxing and found this little gem)

I'm asking for permission because he (and my friends) are not part of the Bullshido organization and a throwdown seems to be the most convenient way to schedule a spar (mainly with the Master, my friends are good to go when they're open, though we don't have gear so we can't go too hard and it's hard to fight against someone good because it's just us.).

To elaborate, I own a headgear, 3 sets of gloves (closed fingers, open fingers, and bag gloves), and 2 mouthguards. My friends altogether have 2 sets of gloves, one set of footgear, and 2 mouthguards.

Little disclaimer: By no means am I saying that I'm better than any of the above parties, I'm a beginner. In the art of grappling, mma gave me rudimentary knowledge on it and it was supplementary (well, required) in Kempo Karate. At the moment, I'm not training in actual fighting, but rather general fitness (weights + cardio) and trying to get into better shape.

I don't want to discredit or humiliate anyone at all (Dead serious), but I actually think I might learn something as I've never fought against a Chunner before. Or a Master. And I've most certainly never ever gone against a pure striker before. Everyone nowadays seem to know at least the most basic groundwork of BJJ or Judo, such as pulling a guard. Anyways, you have to admit, the chance to fight a Master of a style is exciting, even if it's Chunny Bunny. (Which, if he comes, I'm sure will agree spar with multiple members)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2013 9:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It won't let me edit so:

"Let's do it in May, somewhere in Socal where neither of us trains at (thus, neutral spectators). MMA ruleset would be the most fair as it allows both sides to do whatever they'd like other than groin, eye, and back of the head shots (where permanent injury and/or death would occur). Thus the fight would be the closest to a real "street" fight, albeit 1 on 1, and practicality of Wing Chun would be showed.. A match would be decided by KO, submission, or towel thrown in. That seems fair."

"I am proposing for the fight 2 months from now, in May, so that Master Li will not be bogged down by any other appointments. If need be, we can postpone the match to June, but any longer than that and Master Li will be merely running away from a challenge.
    I will allow Master Li to decide whether or not there will be rounds or just one long fight, and how long each round is. As an older man, I respect that and he can choose for shorter rounds if preferred."

If anyone could host this, that'd be great. It'd be short, 2 hours at the most including minor set up and clean up as it's just one fight. It'd be even better if this could be at a throwdown so that other members may take turns going against a renowned Master of Wing Chun and so that we may warm up separately with a neutral sparring partner if need be. (Though warming up really isn't an issue, we do need to find a friendly host who'd agree to this exhibition match as I don't have the necessary facilities.)

Re-reading, it is a personal 1v1 challenge and thus this post shouldn't be here, but rather a new thread, perhaps in YMAS asking for a host. If a mod sees this and feels that way, please feel free to move this post into a new thread. Thank you.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/28/2013 12:01am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about Memorial Day Weekend?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2013 12:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    How about Memorial Day Weekend?
    Monday, May 27 is memorial day, so I'm assuming June 1 or 2 (Saturday and Sunday)?

Sounds great! Would you be kind enough to host a short match between a wise man and stupid teenager? Where would the location be? What time? I will request the match time along with the location once I get these down.

Thanks a ton Omega. I earnestly look forward to meeting you cause I feel like I can learn a lot from you. And I'm gonna get an autograph on a spare tshirt or something.

Edit: Not to mention that'd I'd be about 1-2 months into Judo maybe and you can share some tips about my techniques and mindset as well as a review if you'd care to listen.

I'd also like your input on gloves. Because I plan on taking the Chunner to the ground (he said groundwork was useless and impractical and I found that offensive), I was thinking either no gloves or open-fingered gloves. Unfortunately my last open fingered glove was destroyed by my brother while he was messing around, so I don't have one. I do have a set of closed finger kickboxing gloves though. Would you mind if I borrowed some gloves from you? (No headgear, that'd be a waste in a match like this. I want to see Master Li's face in all of it's natural glory.)

I'm still waiting for a response from Master Li to make this official though.
    Last edited by Cuddles; 2/28/2013 12:22am at .

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/28/2013 12:52pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you in San Diego? One of my FMA sparring partners is also a student of Jin Young, aka Chinaboxer. If you want we could probably meet in my garage dojo with him and go over how chunners fight. He'd probably like the opportunity to see how a beginning grappler/kempo guy would oppose his chun. He's also got a strong FMA background (trained under the Babaos and the Tabosas) but his unarmed stuff is very chunnish.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/28/2013 1:05pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What about Corona? BTW, I got your private, no time to reply. When I say Memorial Day Weekend I literally mean Memorial Day Weekend.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2013 9:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, Master Li doesn't seem to accept, he's full of bullshit and fluff.

@ Kit du You can fight Master Li in one room with only you and him. Everything goes with no false security from the screw-up rules of a sport. You will need to sign a waiver of claims for bodily injury or death where the laws is allowed. Master Li won't fight you for a sport. He would fight for real if you think you have the balls to challenge him!

@Kit du As for Master Li running away from you??? You are confused by your own ego problem! Master Li won't fight you in a sport.... He would fight you for real with the result only you and he would know.... inside one room, the winner walks out!
    He proceeds to block me from his video and channel so I can't private message him about accepting the fight.

Kit du Here, I'd like to call out this guy's bullshit. He posted that and then blocked me so I can't respond.
    No, there will be spectators and the fight will be videotaped. Why the hell should I go into a room with just us two? With a waiver signed and a ref who knows to not stop the fight, it'll go as you want it to. I respect him as a Master and would hate for anyone's martial arts career to be ended.
    Respond to Kit du if you have the balls to.

And Master Li has an ego problem if he's so powerful that he absolutely can't participate with the simple rules of KO and tap-out.

He would fight "for real" only then? HAH. You honestly believe that he's stronger than the people who train alive in competitive mma, boxing, muay thai, and wrestling? What a JOKE. You're just fluffing up cause you have to defend your almighty sifu from a challenge acceptance. Please. Let him defend himself.
    This guy is so full of ****.

EDIT: Omega Supreme has made it aware to me that this fight is illegal (as I'm still in High School) so I have requested him to take my spot.

I'm most likely guessing he'll accept as he said he'd be more than happy to drop someone on his head. :)
    Last edited by Cuddles; 2/28/2013 9:33pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/28/2013 11:50pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I accept a gong sau match.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast