Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2013 3:14am

Style: dead lifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenburke View Post
    Full-automatic and semi-automtic firearms should be banned from public ownership. Also, the right to carry a firearm on one's person (either concealed or displayed, as in a holster) should be limited to law enforcement officials and, in some instances, security guards.
    I have a question for all of the pro gun controll people out there. If we ban all Semi-auto firearms and the first time someone armed with 7 or 8 six shot revolvers and a pump action shotgun commits a mass shooting will you want to ban those too. The truth of the matter, I believe,is that most gun controll advocates would like to see all guns banned.
    Also fully automatic firearms are highly regulated. An automatic fire arm is a title 2 firearm. A t-2 firearm is a full auto, a short barreled rifle or shotgun, a sound suppressor or other weapons such as a pen or cane gun. To purchase a t2 firearm you have to go through a class 3 dealer. There is special paper work, fingerprints, a 200 tax for each firearm and registration and approval by the ATF. I may have left somthing out but you get the point. Its been this way since 1934.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2013 4:04am

Style: dead lifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Forgot to mention that autos are very expensive to buy and shoot. I know a guy who has several, and they are worth more than my new car. Also I believe there has been only one crime committed by the owner of a legally owned Automatic since 1934.
    Also Im not even arguing the fact that semi-auto rifles with hi-cap mags can be very deadly, they are. As a matter of fact I would be willing to give up my modern sporting rifle (so-called assault rifle) and hi-cap mags, even though I use a glock 17 in competition. If we would pass a law that says there will be NO more firearm legislation for the next 20 years or so. But somehow I dont think that will happen.

Posted On:
    2/07/2013 1:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Although thus far few have opted to lift weights until they can toss kids like frisbees.
    Two things, first I can't believe you're still stuck on that out of context argument, and second they wouldn't toss them like frisbees, they would chuck them like kegs. That's a completely different type of flightpath.

Let me ask you this do you believe that banning certain weapons will provide you with a more secure environment?? And if so where would you draw the line??

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/07/2013 1:50pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Two things, first I can't believe you're still stuck on that out of context argument,
    Oh I'm just having fun; I was pretty much done with it.
    and second they wouldn't toss them like frisbees, they would chuck them like kegs. That's a completely different type of flightpath.
    NOW who's still stuck on that argument? Do you really want to talk about the flight path of flung children?

Let me ask you this do you believe that banning certain weapons will provide you with a more secure environment?? And if so where would you draw the line??
    Well, I think the weapons banned by the Geneva Convention are probably a good call, although its unlikely I'd be flamethrower'd or white phosphorus'd to death either way. I think nuclear de-proliferation was a good thing, since there's really no need to be able to destroy the world many times in a row- once is more than enough. But I feel that at this point, banning firearms is futile- there's too many floating around and any ban will have to involve criminals obeying authorities and giving over their property, so fat chance.

Posted On:
    2/07/2013 3:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh I'm just having fun; I was pretty much done with it.

NOW who's still stuck on that argument? Do you really want to talk about the flight path of flung children?

Well, I think the weapons banned by the Geneva Convention are probably a good call, although its unlikely I'd be flamethrower'd or white phosphorus'd to death either way. I think nuclear de-proliferation was a good thing, since there's really no need to be able to destroy the world many times in a row- once is more than enough. But I feel that at this point, banning firearms is futile- there's too many floating around and any ban will have to involve criminals obeying authorities and giving over their property, so fat chance.
    Lol the flightpath part was just a mild troll on my part.

The where to draw a line part is something that has been on my mind lately. I was thinking about starting a poll on it to see where people stand, but I can't from my phone.

Posted On:
    2/07/2013 6:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you really want to talk about the flight path of flung children?
    My vote would be for about 45 degrees as it gives you the most distance flung as well as it seems that you could use your strongest muscles in achieving this throw.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2013 6:59pm

Style: lifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    My vote would be for about 45 degrees as it gives you the most distance flung as well as it seems that you could use your strongest muscles in achieving this throw.
    Post vids or STFU

Posted On:
    2/07/2013 9:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raving&Drooling View Post
    Post vids or STFU

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    2/09/2013 5:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lots of misinformed idiots in this thread. it's sad, really.
    that said, this is all I have to contribute to the conversation.
    it should answer a lot of questions, even if you don't know you have them.

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/20...n-gun-control/
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Posted On:
    2/09/2013 8:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    The where to draw a line part is something that has been on my mind lately.
    The most logical thing would be for ordinary citizens to, if they choose, carry the same firepower as LEOs--provided they are willing to undergo the same training and screening to root out nutcases (though screening of LEOs is far from problem-free, as shown by current events in LA).

To accept anything less than equal-carry is tantamount to surrendering control over whether one lives or dies to LEOs. As far as I can tell, there are no members of that species who are in any way sufficiently "superior" to merit such abject surrender from taxpaying citizenry.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 10 LastLast