Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    2/04/2013 4:04pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    The super basic version is that if a civilian gets held at gun point and robbed, they can't turn around and sue the police for not being their to keep it from happening.
    I don't envy LEOs, with this type of asshattery going on. Of course, some court at some point said "yes, you can sue police," which resulted in the inevitable, "but, they can't be held responsible," ruling. There are days that I'd rather deal with a gun-wielding asshole than a litigious asshole. I've had too many of the latter for my taste.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/04/2013 5:05pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    The super basic version is that if a civilian gets held at gun point and robbed, they can't turn around and sue the police for not being their to keep it from happening.
    Understood.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    2/04/2013 5:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It always comes down to laws being the problem.

The solution is simple: a law banning all laws.

Posted On:
    2/04/2013 9:55pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ban full and semi autos now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by huge View Post
    He's not saying you can't own a weapon. He's just limiting your rate of fire.

Wouldn't hindering people's effectiveness at killing cause a reduction of casualties in mass murder situations? It wouldn't make the numbers go higher.

Often there's an argument that knives and other weapons kill also, so why not ban them too, but frankly I see it as an apples and oranges argument. Take this, for example: http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/sto...ng-victim.html

A guy goes on a rampage with a knife and a hammer through an apartment building, and no one died. Would there have been a difference if he was carrying guns? We can only speculate, but I would think that there would have been at least one death, and more if we're talking about something with a really high rate of fire.

Also, I'm reminded of this:
    I know. I was putting my opinion out there to get it out there. Yes, I believe more effective weapons increases the deadliness of attacks. I still don't believe in government monopoly of personal arms.

Posted On:
    2/05/2013 12:58am

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ask Mexico how well their rather strict gun laws have been at preventing mass shooting along the border.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    2/05/2013 1:10am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Ask Mexico how well their rather strict gun laws have been at preventing mass shooting along the border.
    Their laws have about the same effect as those in gun-free Chicago. Five-hundred firearms-related homicides in the city for 2012, so much for strict gun laws.

If you didn't have a permit when the law changed in 1982, you cannot possess a handgun in the city (even in your own home). I moved there just before the ban and would have had to take my guns back home in order to be legal.

Posted On:
    2/05/2013 3:26am

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's just ban people from living in Colorado that seems as though that would have solved a few mass shooting issues.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/05/2013 6:32am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenburke View Post
    Full-automatic and semi-automtic firearms should be banned from public ownership. Also, the right to carry a firearm on one's person (either concealed or displayed, as in a holster) should be limited to law enforcement officials and, in some instances, security guards.
    One of the few things I greatly respect about the US is the 1st and 2nd Amendments.

You should die to protect them and keep them in their current form without restriction.

If you have a problem with crazy people then deal with that problem.
    King without a crown

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2013 5:32pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahem.

I'm a little late for the party as usual, but allow me to point out that certain types of semi auto firearms are STILL legal in the UK.

The types of weapons I'm referring to are rimfire semi auto rifles, semi auto shotguns that hold over 3 shells or have detachable magazines, and are available for legal purchase on a Firearms Certificate (FAC).

Also, no calibre limit or "sporting exception" system as in the gun savvy U S of A. In case you missed it, that means that a 76mm (3in) AT gun is classed as a rifle. But then again, you wouldn't know what the AT designation stands for, would you?

Posted On:
    2/05/2013 7:20pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The simple truth stringent gun control doesn't stop mass killings
    Osaka school massacre -with a knife- 8 Children dead 13 Children wounded 2 teachers wounded.
    Akihabara massacre - a man hit a crowd with a truck, killing three people and injuring two; he then stabbed at least 12 people using a dagger killing four people and injuring eight.

oh **** it here is a list of rampage killers via wiki
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers

Not sure the amount done with guns vs other things but it seem to me that if you want to kill a bunch of people you will find a way.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast