Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/03/2013 3:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Styles may be a relic in the world of MMA, but that's still very subjective. There's MMA events with rule sets that make aspects of styles illegal. Take Combat 8 for example, no kicks, elbows, or knees. You can use Boxing, Judo, BJJ, and any other type of grappling (as far as I know); so it is still MMA.
    Since you keep sending me butthurt PMs bitching about your neg rep, here is why i "negg'ed" this post; Combat 8 doesn't even call itself MMA you fucking 'tard.

Description
    An Introduction from Combat 8 CEO Nathan Swadling:

I am and always have been a fight fanatic and I have often wondered who would win a fight between 2 fighters from different styles (MMA & Boxing) but without ever really knowing for sure because it didn't happen.

For over two years I developed a style of combat that was designed originally to bring a mixed martial arts fighter and a boxer head to head under an equal rules structure that complimented both styles. With both styles giving up a little to gain a lot more, COMBAT 8 was created.

Never before could we debate who was the best because Boxing and MMA are two completely different sports and you cannot take a Boxer out of the ring, stick him in a cage and expect them to out wrestle a wrestler. The same goes you can't take a Wrestler out of the cage and put boxing gloves on them and truly believe they will out point a Boxer. It won't happen.

We have had to resort to watching the likes of Randy Couture take on James Toney in the sport that Randy Couture was inducted into the Hall of Fame for.

Now the real debates can start because I am going to bring the best Boxers in the country and match them head to head, toe to toe against the best Mixed Martial Arts Fighters in the country. Inside The Cube, a square cage built with the least amount of corner posts of all the fighting cages designed to give you the fans the best visual aspect possible. You will now get to see who the real undisputed champions are.

I promise to bring you fast paced fights that if they last the distance you will have a winner within 3 x 3 minute rounds or if its a championship fight it will last 5 x 3 minute rounds. No more falling asleep waiting for something to happen. From now on you won't be able to turn away. Fighters fight in 6 ounce MMA style gloves, for those of you who don't know they are tiny!

Do you get sick of watching fighters wrestle around on the ground? Not any more, now fighters have only 30 seconds per round to gain the advantage on the ground after that they must stand up and fight.

I eliminated kicking to bring the fighters closer together for a more active hand to hand combat style fight that will bring you lots of big knockouts.

I eliminated knees and elbows to replace it with fighters opting to pick each other up and slam their opponents to the ground or throw their opponents into the cage.

Fighters can manipulate their opponent's body with arm bars, chokes and other chosen moves to force the tap out.

A COMBAT 8 referee will never tell the fighters to break, they are encouraged to hold and punch if that's the style they like. Dirty Box as much as they like.

So I hope you all follow me into this dream and support COMBAT 8. The driving force behind making this reality was to bring a new form of fighting that would therefore enable us to see the biggest fights of all.

Keep your eyes out for...

COMBAT 8.
    https://www.facebook.com/Combat8Dominate/info

Posted On:
    2/03/2013 3:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Oh this again?

I know a lot of the links in the OP are fucked, but maybe Hedge will fix this one or make a new list and you can get cracking!

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31374
    Damn the actual list isn't showing up but the 80 mins of Judo newaz video that is probably from the 1950s that I posted in this thread alone contains a lot of above listed things.
    The biggest surprise to me was the one legged X to foot locks due to it not being allowed in Judo.

Posted On:
    2/03/2013 4:37pm

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Is BJJ still Good for MMA

Since you keep sending me butthurt PMs bitching about your neg rep, here is why i "negg'ed" this post; Combat 8 doesn't even call itself MMA you fucking 'tard.
    Now you're just lying.

https://www.facebook.com/Combat8Dominate/info[/QUOTE]

Nowhere in there does it state "Combat 8 is not MMA".
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    2/03/2013 4:39pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nowhere in there does it state "Combat 8 is not MMA".[/QUOTE]

No where does it state that it is.

Posted On:
    2/03/2013 4:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    No where does it state that it is.
    And until a governing organization decides what to call it, we the people can choose to form our own opinions as to what to call it.
    Start a training log!

i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    2/03/2013 5:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now you're just lying.

https://www.facebook.com/Combat8Dominate/info

Nowhere in there does it state "Combat 8 is not MMA".
    Oh yay, one more before i head out.

Note what i stated and what you stated; i said it doesn't call itself MMA.
    Your idiotic response was, "It doesn't say it isn't."
    First that isn't my claim, my claim was they don't call themselves MMA, which they don't.
    The second part of your fail is context.
    In that passage the founder/CEO describes how he created a "new form of fighting" where MMA fighters and boxers could compete; ergo it's not MMA.

Oh and before you even try, no, you may not quibble on about the equivocation of "form", "style" and "sport"; the author has obviously conflated them all.

Posted On:
    2/03/2013 6:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Oh yay, one more before i head out.

Note what i stated and what you stated; i said it doesn't call itself MMA.
    Your idiotic response was, "It doesn't say it isn't."
    First that isn't my claim, my claim was they don't call themselves MMA, which they don't.
    I never said that was your claim. Why? Because it was mine.

The second part of your fail is context.
    In that passage the founder/CEO describes how he created a "new form of fighting" where MMA fighters and boxers could compete; ergo it's not MMA.

Oh and before you even try, no, you may not quibble on about the equivocation of "form", "style" and "sport"; the author has obviously conflated them all.
    No, you're trying to play with that "new style of fighting" line. Whatever the creators intent or the words he has said, assuming this isn't a misinterpretation of the author, all the creator did was create a new set of rules.
    Start a training log!

Posted On:
    2/03/2013 7:01pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never said that was your claim. Why? Because it was mine.

No, you're trying to play with that "new style of fighting" line. Whatever the creators intent or the words he has said, assuming this isn't a misinterpretation of the author, all the creator did was create a new set of rules.
    You really are a fucking moron. Go back and read what the author was trying to do. He wasn't creating new "MMA" rules. He was trying to bridge the Gap between MMA and Boxing creating a rule set that allows for fair fight between Boxers and MMA fighters. A new set of rules makes it a new sport and thus it cannot be MMA.

Posted On:
    2/03/2013 7:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    You really are a fucking moron. Go back and read what the author was trying to do. He wasn't creating new "MMA" rules. He was trying to bridge the Gap between MMA and Boxing creating a rule set that allows for fair fight between Boxers and MMA fighters. A new set of rules makes it a new sport and thus it cannot be MMA.
    So because 9 ball has different rules than 8 ball it's no longer pool?
    Start a training log!

Posted On:
    2/03/2013 7:53pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So because 9 ball has different rules than 8 ball it's no longer pool?
    While it is still pool it isn't 8 Ball.
    So while Combat 8 is still a Combat Sport/Fighting it is neither MMA or Boxing.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast