Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/02/2013 4:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffphansen77 View Post
    Hurry up & tell me if these guys studied the BJJ guard to both defeat it & use it.
    SAMBO got its Guard Position from the same place BJJ did its Called Judo.

Administrator

Posted On:

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hurry up & tell me if these guys studied the BJJ guard to both defeat it & use it.
    No, he didn't. He's my guy. If you were ten times smarter you'd be stupid.

Administrator

Posted On:

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    SAMBO got its Guard Position from the same place BJJ did its Called Judo.
    Thank you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2013 5:05pm

Style: Generic MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    No, he didn't. He's my guy. If you were ten times smarter you'd be stupid.
    Goodlun simply said "SAMBO got its Guard Position from the same place BJJ did its Called Judo."

See how he answered my assertion with information? Now we could go on from there & I could learn something. You could've done this. This is how grown ups communicate. Really, being a hair-trigger fuckhead isn't edgy or cool. It's just childish.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/02/2013 5:07pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goodlun simply said "SAMBO got its Guard Position from the same place BJJ did its Called Judo."

See how he answered my assertion with information? Now we could go on from there & I could learn something. You could've done this. This is how grown ups communicate. Really, being a hair-trigger fuckhead isn't edgy or cool. It's just childish.
    Well if you were worth talking to like an adult I would spend the energy to explain. I did this for the OP in another thread. But when dogmatic ignorant fucks like yourself spew vomit out of their mouth well...... Here we are.

Posted On:
    2/02/2013 5:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Oh don't worry about Omega, he has his own special problems with BJJ being the Kleenex of the grappling world.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/02/2013 5:12pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh don't worry about Omega, he has his own special problems with BJJ being the Kleenex of the grappling world.
    Actually I have a problem with any person that says dogmatic things like that. Doesn't matter what style you are or what we are talking about.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2013 5:18pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Well if you were worth talking to like an adult I would spend the energy to explain. I did this for the OP in another thread. But when dogmatic ignorant fucks like yourself spew vomit out of their mouth well...... Here we are.
    Ignorant, maybe? I'm here to learn as much or more than most. Dogmatic? No. You don't know what you're talking about & read what you wanted too into it. I'm here for the high level of knowledge to be found all around. The trolls are the **** I wade through for the tasty peanuts.

You rarely talk like an adult. You barge in with insults & general fuckhead attitude. It goes to **** from there. Someone's being wrong isn't much of an excuse for your chronic shitty attitude.

Posted On:
    2/02/2013 5:19pm

Style: being less stupid

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Is BJJ still Good for MMA

The Unified MMA rules
    I'd hardly disqualify fighting events in other countries as MMA simply because they are not required to adhere to the rules we use in the US.

How exactly do you feel the Unified MMA rules make styles a "relic"?

Edit: I'd also like to add to my initial response to Lampa - I don't feel MMa could be a style even for the simple fact that not all strikers train the same striking art. Some fighters are pure boxers, some do Muay Thai, etc...
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2013 5:29pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, he does have a few. Anyways...I understand the history of BJJ. ButI take it for granted that BJJ has innovated on the guard to a level that forces other grappling arts to study the BJJ guard in order to deal with it. BJJ is to sweeps & guard attacks what Judo is to throws, to put it crudely. This is based on what I've seen of BJJ & MMA, not experience. If I'm wrong about this, can you tell me why?
    Last edited by jeffphansen77; 2/02/2013 5:32pm at . Reason: Can't spell for shit.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast