Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2013 11:39am

Style: Jiu-Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Massive research done and eye opener. i will find out more personally and also post my finding.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/30/2013 2:05pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vMonkv View Post
    Massive research done and eye opener. i will find out more personally and also post my finding.
    That's a big step in the right direction - props to you.

This isn't and never will be about us or this site telling you what to do.

Let us have your feedback on what you research and find.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2013 7:44am

Style: jiujitsu, karate, shorinj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the WKF being mentioned is indeed the world kobudo federation, then his 7th Dan rank is in my opinion totally meaningless. The world kobudo federation is created by John therien of therien jiu-jitsu (can-ryu) and is kind of like a club or sorority group. The ranks issued in my opinion are like honorary ranks that make people feel better about themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if certain legendary great ultimate grand masters like Frank dux or dillman have an association. I hold a rank of San Dan in can ryu and although I've not been part of the organisation in a long time, I will still go ahead and ask some higher ups about Brian cheek

Registered Member

Bracknell. Royal County of Berkshire. UK.

Posted On:
    7/10/2014 6:40am

Style: Traditional Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    May I respectfully point out that Kenshiro Abbe Sensei was to my memory not teaching in 1969 as he was trying to salvage what he had left behind on his departure to Japan in 1964 for the Japan Olympics - Abbe Sensei actually left the UK ( for good ) in 1969 and went to Italy where he stayed for a length of time with my good friend Elio Lamaga in Genoa.
    I actually met a guy recently who said he was not a student of Abbe Sensei - how refreshing.

Regards
    Henry Ellis

Registered Member

Bracknell. Royal County of Berkshire. UK.

Posted On:
    7/12/2014 1:38pm

Style: Traditional Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hellis View Post
    May I respectfully point out that Kenshiro Abbe Sensei was to my memory not teaching in 1969 as he was trying to salvage what he had left behind on his departure to Japan in 1964 for the Japan Olympics - Abbe Sensei actually left the UK ( for good ) in 1969 and went to Italy where he stayed for a length of time with my good friend Elio Lamaga in Genoa.
    I actually met a guy recently who said he was not a student of Abbe Sensei - how refreshing.

Regards
    Henry Ellis
    I feel that I should explain a little more - It states that Mr Cheek trained with Kenshiro Abbe Sensei 1969 - 1970 in one post.

Abbe Sensei went to the Japan Olympics with H Michigami in 1964 and did not return until 1969 - he spent some time trying to repair the loose ends he had left behind - sadly it did not work out for him, he then left for Italy the same year. I doubt the claims of Brian Cheek have any credibility.

Henry Ellis
    Co-author `Positive Aikido`
    http://britishaikido.blogspot.com/
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678