Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 11:39pm

Style: Injured

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vMonkv View Post
    thanks for the thoughts, but im still keen on proving bryan cheek is who he is and that jukoshin ryu is infact "approved" by a legitimate committee. and in the process this thread back move back general martial arts... im good.

Ive always enjoyed other styles and looking to start something like muay thai or pradal serey. for the time being ill just keep doing what i do.
    Dude that's great find a Muai Thai gym and you're set for life your fitness will improve and you'll attract more chicks (hopefully) because you'll have more muscle it's great.

I can guarantee the fitness part at least...

The chicks part didn't work out too well for me but hey maybe I'm just an asshole.

The only girl that ever liked me was Doofa's wife because I said she was a nice person and I'm not even sure she's a girl.
    Last edited by Mister; 1/29/2013 11:43pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 11:49pm

Style: Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All Japan jujitsu international federation AJJIF - Bryan Cheek is recongnized under combat jujitsu, UK.

yeah lots of muay thai here but pradal serey is different.. everyones doing muay thai.

Posted On:
    1/30/2013 12:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!

yeah lots of muay thai here but pradal serey is different.. everyones doing muay thai.
    Right to the heart of the problem you care more about being different than being effective.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2013 12:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Right to the heart of the problem you care more about being different than being effective.
    seriously? did you know that pradal serey was there before muay thai? not only that but they are both very very similar martial arts. its now a trend... every one wants to do do bjj and muay thai

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2013 12:25am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    seriously? did you know that pradal serey was there before muay thai? not only that but they are both very very similar martial arts. its not a trend... every one wants to do do bjj and muay thai

You didn't say anything about pradal serey's history (which is speculative, by the way) or its similarity to muay thai. You dismissed muay thai on the grounds that it's a "trend" that "everyone's doing". Instead of being a martial arts hipster and sneering about how passť mainstream styles like muay thai and bjj are while puffing your chest about how you're into some obscure style maybe you should ponder why muay thai and bjj are so prevalent.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2013 12:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why would i need to explain anything? i never said anything about it being bad. but yeah i do think now a days a lot of people are doing it, nothing wrong in that and nothing wrong in wanting to be different. People chose what they want to do, they chose what they want to learn and they will always have their own opinion. Just like people get iphones instead of androids.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/30/2013 1:10am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i could say the same to you,
    No, you really can't! I'm not arguing rank is legit because I saw a photo!

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    1/30/2013 1:27am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    seriously? did you know that pradal serey was there before muay thai?
    [...]
    but yeah i do think now a days a lot of people are doing it, nothing wrong in that and nothing wrong in wanting to be different.
    Yeah, and anaerobic bacteria were around long before lung equipped lifeforms. You want to be different so bad? Start holding your breath.

People chose what they want to do, they chose what they want to learn and they will always have their own opinion.
    That's unfortunately right, but we don't give a damn about anyone's opinions (unless they're a verifiable expert). We care about the truth, and the truth is this ****'s gonna get you killed.

Now don't go taking this too hard. We're saying all this because we honestly believe it's for your own good. I mean, sure, we also believe you're a tool, but a tool that can be helped. Maybe like a slightly retarded hammer that just needs to learn the hard way it's not a hacksaw.
    Last edited by The Cap; 1/30/2013 1:32am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/30/2013 1:29am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All Japan jujitsu international federation AJJIF - Bryan Cheek is recongnized under combat jujitsu, UK.
    *YAWN* No, not okay!

AJJIF was created by this guy:
    http://www.budoseek.net/vbulletin/ar...p/t-19428.html
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102816
    http://www.budoseek.net/vbulletin/sh...in-Los-Angeles
    http://judoforum.com/index.php?/topi...judo-10th-dan/

Keep digging!

why would i need to explain anything?
    You are on a DISCUSSION BASED FORUM.

People chose what they want to do, they chose what they want to learn and they will always have their own opinion.
    Yes and opinions can be debated.

Just like people get iphones instead of androids.
    Yes, and what happened the last time one of them lied and stole?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/20/te...pagewanted=all

http://www.informationweek.com/mobil...suit/240115341
    Last edited by It is Fake; 1/30/2013 1:35am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2013 1:41am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im pretty sure he is ranked what he is
    I'm not just pretty sure; I'm absolutely positive he is ranked what he is ranked. But that doesn't mean that he is ranked what you think he is ranked.

And you do know that being a 10th dan in a martial art you founded is a meaningless credential, right? There was no one in the art to award it to him, so either it was self-awarded (and therefore BS) or awarded to him based on zero knowledge of the MA he created by some pay-to-play organization or some circle-jerk group that hands out empty awards to each other. Is he a Professor or Doctor of Martial Arts, too?

The sad thing is that it looks as though he is a legitimate fifth or possibly sixth dan in judo, but the credential inflation plague seems irresistible to so many martial artists who should know better.

Having a wall full of certificates looks nice, but their value depends on their genuineness and on the legitimacy, honesty, and standards of the organizations and people who issued them.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast