Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 7:32pm

Style: Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Wrong try again, several forms of Jiujitsu are trained with aliveness such as
    Brazilian JJ and Shingitai JJ and of course good old Judo. They are all pressure tested against resiting opponents and are trained through the heavy use of sparring.

Based on what?

I know exactly what happens when my martial arts are put under pressure because guess what every time I train they are. I know what happens when someone stronger and more aggressive attacks me cause it happens in class. If you don't actually know whats going to happen your not training right.

Without Sparring and Competition one doesn't get a sense of things at all.

The reason the previously mentioned styles work so well is because they are trained at full speed and full force. Its the only way to learn the proper timing. If there is one thing this whole fighting things really comes down to is timing.

Too bad your style hasn't proven its self effective in pressure tested situations such as Vale Tudo or No holds Barred or other forms of fighting.

**** you, don't come in here and tell us how to behave. This is how this place is if you don't like it move the **** on.

Training is done with resisting opponants... how are you suppose to understand how it works if the whole training is done slow... absolutly no one.. i mean no one trains with speed and force in the begining.

No way you can tell what happens in a fight.. what if a chair comes your way. **** never happens the way it does.

Again with all these videos. im sure if we put a demo video with some flips and **** people assume its a good. each video you guys saw was a couple people doing a technique slowly, thats it... So how are you suppose to assume that we dont train hard and condition ourselves ?

as for Hokutoryu i dont know much about it but im sure we can all critic it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 7:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Why? It already happened.
    See, if you are going to allegedly make an art more for "modern society" follow this example:
    Jujutsu:

yup we do this but in different sequences

Judo:

yup judo love it, which is why the majority of the throws are integrated in our syllabus along with other things pretty much like the first video

Jiujitsu:

grappling is included in our syllabus cant do good if you have no ground defense...

No, this is backwards:

this is the first things you learn... not everyone starts throwing and kicking right away...

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 7:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vMonkv View Post
    absolutly no one.. i mean no one trains with speed and force in the begining.
    Wrong, plenty of grappling styles training full speed and full force day one.

No way you can tell what happens in a fight.. what if a chair comes your way. **** never happens the way it does.
    So what if a chair does come my way? The techniques timing and principles learned are still all valid. You don't train for specific situations you don't need to worry about the situation not being exactly what you train for.
    Again with all these videos. im sure if we put a demo video with some flips and **** people assume its a good. each video you guys saw was a couple people doing a technique slowly, thats it... So how are you suppose to assume that we dont train hard and condition ourselves ?
    Whats with you with flips and **** no one here cares about that ****. What we want to see isn't demos, its sparing, its fighting, its the techniques actually being used. You have none of this.
    as for Hokutoryu i dont know much about it but im sure we can all critic it.[/QUOTE]

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 8:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wrong, plenty of grappling styles training full speed and full force day one.

So what if a chair does come my way? The techniques timing and principles learned are still all valid. You don't train for specific situations you don't need to worry about the situation not being exactly what you train for.

Whats with you with flips and **** no one here cares about that ****. What we want to see isn't demos, its sparing, its fighting, its the techniques actually being used. You have none of this.
    [/QUOTE]

training is training, but what im saying is that you can never be sure what can happen. you cant be so ignorant and disagree.

there might not be many videos out there but can you assume we dont do all that stuff?

How many style of jiutjitsu, japanese and brazilian types, are new out there? it takes time for people to adapt and get to know more about it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 8:16pm

Style: Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Difference is, if you look up Jukoshin on say, Youtube, you'll see a bunch of demos with compliant partners.

If you look up Hokutoryu, you'll see some demos, true. BUT. You will also see competition footage of Hoku practitioners actually using their techniques against resisting opponents. Like so:

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 8:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!

training is training, but what im saying is that you can never be sure what can happen. you cant be so ignorant and disagree.
    Not all training is equal. Yes a fight is a dynamic chaotic event. What you don't understand is there really are not as many variables as you seem to think. Either what you do works or it doesn't. The only way you know if it works is if you try it. The alive arts have been tried.

there might not be many videos out there but can you assume we dont do all that stuff?
    I can tell when I see black belts and instructors doing techniques like ****. If they can't do them right when putting their best foot forward for a demo tape they certainly are not doing them right under duress.

How many style of jiutjitsu, japanese and brazilian types, are new out there? it takes time for people to adapt and get to know more about it.
    Do you know how ubiquitous video is now? How easy it is to take a video of people actually doing the art? Its pretty easy to video tape a sparring session you want to prove your not full of ****. Video tape some sparring. Until then your another one of these man dancing ass holes that has only done man dancing and has no freaking clue what it is like to actually do a real martial art.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 8:25pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arskanator View Post
    Difference is, if you look up Jukoshin on say, Youtube, you'll see a bunch of demos with compliant partners.

If you look up Hokutoryu, you'll see some demos, true. BUT. You will also see competition footage of Hoku practitioners actually using their techniques against resisting opponents. Like so:
    yeah lets compare a competition to a slow speed demo of a technique. again u cant compare something when you know nothing of it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 8:31pm

Style: Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah lets compare a competition to a slow speed demo of a technique. again u cant compare something when you know nothing of it.
    I know Jukoshin doesn't have competitions, so I know that they don't pressure test their techniques :v

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 8:31pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So then where is your competition footage?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 8:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not all training is equal. Yes a fight is a dynamic chaotic event. What you don't understand is there really are not as many variables as you seem to think. Either what you do works or it doesn't. The only way you know if it works is if you try it. The alive arts have been tried.

I can tell when I see black belts and instructors doing techniques like ****. If they can't do them right when putting their best foot forward for a demo tape they certainly are not doing them right under duress.

Do you know how ubiquitous video is now? How easy it is to take a video of people actually doing the art? Its pretty easy to video tape a sparring session you want to prove your not full of ****. Video tape some sparring. Until then your another one of these man dancing ass holes that has only done man dancing and has no freaking clue what it is like to actually do a real martial art.

are you kidding me? there is many variations out there.. tall, small, fat, skinny, drunk, sober, weapons, number of people, the environment youre in. have you ever been in a real fight?

if i were posing for a camera i would look my best, but if someone was just taking a picture of me i probably would look normal. the idea of the technique and they way its done might not look good but its a start to able to demostrate and perform with speed and power.

thats the smartest thing someone has said in this thread. yup, agree. no way of know this style is good without a video. and yes i can do that.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast