Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 1:26pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vMonkv View Post

I admit I haven't practiced many style but I've have done our local styles of martial arts and practiced taekwondo for years. But when I was introduced to this- the idea of it, the way the techniques works made sense. As mention earlier about getting mugged by thugs... Yup that's what you get... Happens all the type.

When on the mat all techniques are perform against an attacking opponent, whether they're throwing a punch or a kick. Unlike someplace where you start of in a stationary position. The use of body mechanics just makes more sense. You learn hits, blocks, add some throws, finish with locks. If you end up on the ground, that's okay because you learn how's to get out of it and stand back up. But then again if this is a street fight one on one sure but group fight who knows what can happen. Sounds like any martial arts but I guess what makes this one different is the sequence.
    Have you performed any of these techniques successfully while your opponent was actively attempting to punch you in the face and body repeatedly?

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 2:39pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only place this style hasnt been introduced to is the United-States. I guess because the creator was English.
    Let me ask you a question, in all seriousness.

Why does The guy in the blue gi (presumably the founder of the system) wear that red belt ?

Why does the guy in the black gi wear the red and white belt of a Kodokan 6-7 or 8th dan? (when he's clearly none of those) ?

Please try to understand that we're not pulling this a part just for shits and giggles. We're not 'haterz' just looking for the easy piss-take either. I'll tell you my real name and my background if you so wish, as I don't rely on internet anonymity to talk tough on a website however; we do know what the **** we're talking about and trust me, what you're studying wouldn't stand the test of a fully resisting opponent.

Ask us why that is, find out why we claim we know what we're talking about before you dismiss our opinions.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 2:54pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you forward to pass 2mins thats my fave part. im not a big fan of weapons
    Well, I am a big fan, and weapons work is a large part of my training. Every one of those stick strikes is aimed at a spot behind the defender, the most obvious example at 1:09. Every one of the knife attacks starts from what, 2m away and with a big, telegraphed swing.

Those techniques will not work against anyone swinging to actually hit the defender.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 2:57pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's just a variation of the traditional style to accommodate modern society.
    Why? It already happened.
    See, if you are going to allegedly make an art more for "modern society" follow this example:
    Jujutsu:

Judo:

Jiujitsu:

No, this is backwards:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 3:08pm

Style: Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it has been created in 2003 which is why i guess some people might not know of this style and is now thought in over 70 countries.
    Better make that 69. I checked, the style was practiced in one city in Finland, but the club was disbanded in 2007.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 3:12pm

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    actual self defense as in we dont do this for the sport.
    Some of the best self defense training you can recieve comes from participating/competing in sporting martial arts. To be legitimitly competitive in these arts requires a good degree of physical conditioning, something that is achieved simply by going to regular practice do to the training methods of the arts.

When I say training methods I really mean sparring, and not just sparring once a week but sparring every class. Sparring is where technique is tested under pressure and any inaccuracies are revealed. I can show the technique for around 30 judo throws and some wrestling ones but I cannot use nearly all of them effectivly in sparring.

Because I have tested and continue to test myself I am aware of both my physical limits (knee injuries make some throws difficult) and of what I can pull off in a real situation I know what I can do if a self defence situation should occur.

TLDR: sporting arts get you in shape and teach you what you can actually do as opposed to what you think you can do.

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 4:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly please do a search on this site for all the threads on, Street vs Sport and the magical thinking that you will be able to handle multiple opponents when you can't even handle one.
    Or to sum things up if you can't get it up for your wife don't expect a 3 some to workout well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 6:42pm

Style: Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my first post might not have been the best way to introduce this but as you all know if you were to look any other style jiujitsu or martial arts im sure every single comment could be said about that style.

im also at a disadvantage as i dont remember completly its history which is why i had comments such as "something like that" but i strongly believe that is a great style that anyone can learn and apply. Yes not all of it will work in a real situtation, let face it... as mentioned- when underpressure who knows what could happen and theres no such thing as the perfect style.

Agree that with lots of practice, sparring, training, competitions that when one gets a better sense things. in the videos, the demonstration was done slow obsiously to practice. once you get the techniques down thats when you can attempt to go faster and do it more fluid.

its too bad there isnt much more information about my style. when there isnt enough information its easy people to say ****.

Finlands school is located in Oulu. and its still active and well. maybe you guys can skim through the list of people who practice jukoshin ryu on the facebook group page, perhaps you might know someone.

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 7:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my first post might not have been the best way to introduce this but as you all know if you were to look any other style jiujitsu or martial arts im sure every single comment could be said about that style.
    Wrong try again, several forms of Jiujitsu are trained with aliveness such as
    Brazilian JJ and Shingitai JJ and of course good old Judo. They are all pressure tested against resiting opponents and are trained through the heavy use of sparring.

i strongly believe that is a great style that anyone can learn and apply.
    Based on what?

Yes not all of it will work in a real situtation, let face it... as mentioned- when underpressure who knows what could happen and theres no such thing as the perfect style.
    I know exactly what happens when my martial arts are put under pressure because guess what every time I train they are. I know what happens when someone stronger and more aggressive attacks me cause it happens in class. If you don't actually know whats going to happen your not training right.

Agree that with lots of practice, sparring, training, competitions that when one gets a better sense things.
    Without Sparring and Competition one doesn't get a sense of things at all.

in the videos, the demonstration was done slow obsiously to practice. once you get the techniques down thats when you can attempt to go faster and do it more fluid.
    The reason the previously mentioned styles work so well is because they are trained at full speed and full force. Its the only way to learn the proper timing. If there is one thing this whole fighting things really comes down to is timing.

its too bad there isnt much more information about my style. when there isnt enough information its easy people to say ****.
    Too bad your style hasn't proven its self effective in pressure tested situations such as Vale Tudo or No holds Barred or other forms of fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by tacosamurai View Post
    I actually did read the thread, very warming welcome to a forum. Funny how people have so much time to just bitch and moan about how useless a martial art/self defense system is. If you don't like it, don't do it. If the thread was: what do you guys think about this style?, understandable, xept it isn't the thread. If you've never heard of this style, then great! Move on.
    **** you, don't come in here and tell us how to behave. This is how this place is if you don't like it move the **** on.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 7:08pm

Style: Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Finlands school is located in Oulu. and its still active and well. maybe you guys can skim through the list of people who practice jukoshin ryu on the facebook group page, perhaps you might know someone.
    http://www.jukoshinryu.fi/

Derp, my bad. The copyright was 2007, the last update to the site is dated 15.08.2012. It does say that:

Aibudo ry:n aktiivinen jujutsutoiminta on päättynyt.
    which translates to
    Aibudo Association's jujutsu activities have ended.

So it looks like it is not indeed active anymore.

Orly? Could you say all that about, say, Hokutoryu?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast