Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2013 7:19pm

Style: Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Brian Cheek and Jukoshin ryu Jiu-jitsu

Hi all,

Just curious to know how many people know of this style of self-defense jiu-jitsu. Jukoshin Ryu was founded in 2003.

Posted On:
    1/28/2013 7:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vMonkv View Post
    Hi all,

Just curious to know how many people know of this style of self-defense jiu-jitsu. Jukoshin Ryu was founded in 2003.
    Okay, if you've done the n00bopolis intro, then here you are.

How about typing out the link to this org/dojo/MA?

I went to google. There's a .com site for this jukoshin ryu jiu-jitsu.

It features the teachings of a "10th-dan Soke" named Brian Cheek.

One of its ranks is something like "polished expert".

They're into pressure points.

It mentions a methodology (or something) as being "second to none".

That's what the website says, among other things.

'Tsabout all I know about it.

You're more than welcome.
    Last edited by Vieux Normand; 1/28/2013 7:57pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2013 11:37pm

Style: Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too often, we see Martial Artists portrayed as little more than street fighters and thugs. We, who are part of the élite, know better.
    Might be just me, but that line bugs the hell out of me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 4:52am

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Looks like the instructor buys his belts from the same place as Frank Dux

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 10:43am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reason why i posted this is because i actually practice this style and this is an actual self defence style, no bs back flipping stuff your see - you get attacked, take down your opponent and get out.
    It's just a variation of the traditional style to accommodate modern society. it has been created in 2003 which is why i guess some people might not know of this style and is now thought in over 70 countries. it was also approved by the japanese committee of martial arts or something like that.

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 10:49am

Style: bjj/judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reason why i posted this is because i actually practice this style and this is an actual self defence style, no bs back flipping stuff your see - you get attacked, take down your opponent and get out.
    It's just a variation of the traditional style to accommodate modern society. it has been created in 2003 which is why i guess some people might not know of this style and is now thought in over 70 countries.
    Explain how it is an "actual self defense style".

You were probably better off with less people knowing about it. The video demonstrations are impractical and showcase awful techniques being practiced on 100% compliant training partners.

You've already admitted your were just trying to advertise your style, so maybe there are some positive points about it instead of spouting generalities about how many countries it is thought of in. Because at first glance(and second and third) it seems like the worst kind of "martial arts" peddled to the ignorant, leading someone to get hurt because of misplaced confidence in a flawed system.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 12:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jukoshin ryu Jiu-jitsu

Not trying to advertise anything, I was seriously curious and how many people knew the style- seeing how this is a martial arts forum.

I admit I haven't practiced many style but I've have done our local styles of martial arts and practiced taekwondo for years. But when I was introduced to this- the idea of it, the way the techniques works made sense. As mention earlier about getting mugged by thugs... Yup that's what you get... Happens all the type.

When on the mat all techniques are perform against an attacking opponent, whether they're throwing a punch or a kick. Unlike someplace where you start of in a stationary position. The use of body mechanics just makes more sense. You learn hits, blocks, add some throws, finish with locks. If you end up on the ground, that's okay because you learn how's to get out of it and stand back up. But then again if this is a street fight one on one sure but group fight who knows what can happen. Sounds like any martial arts but I guess what makes this one different is the sequence.

The only place this style hasnt been introduced to is the United-States. I guess because the creator was English.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 12:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    actual self defense as in we dont do this for the sport. theres another video on youtube called "Exhibicion de Jukoshin ryu"
    if you forward to pass 2mins thats my fave part. im not a big fan of weapons
    Last edited by vMonkv; 1/29/2013 12:42pm at .

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 1:06pm

Style: bjj/judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    actual self defense as in we dont do this for the sport. theres another video on youtube called "Exhibicion de Jukoshin ryu"
    if you forward to pass 2mins thats my fave part. im not a big fan of weapons
    That video is actually showcases why no one here will have a very high opinion of your art. Doing techniques against slow, exaggerated "attacks" does not impress anyone who knows anything about martial arts. If you train at full speed, with a resisting opponent, you will be better served in real life, regardless if could also be used for "sport".

Save yourself some time, money and embarassment, and just do judo, if its available.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 1:07pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not trying to advertise anything, I was seriously curious and how many people knew the style- seeing how this is a martial arts forum.

I admit I haven't practiced many style but I've have done our local styles of martial arts and practiced taekwondo for years. But when I was introduced to this- the idea of it, the way the techniques works made sense. As mention earlier about getting mugged by thugs... Yup that's what you get... Happens all the type.

When on the mat all techniques are perform against an attacking opponent, whether they're throwing a punch or a kick. Unlike someplace where you start of in a stationary position. The use of body mechanics just makes more sense. You learn hits, blocks, add some throws, finish with locks. If you end up on the ground, that's okay because you learn how's to get out of it and stand back up. But then again if this is a street fight one on one sure but group fight who knows what can happen. Sounds like any martial arts but I guess what makes this one different is the sequence.

The only place this style hasnt been introduced to is the United-States. I guess because the creator was English.
    If you weren't advertising your style, why didn't you come out and say "Hey, I practice Jukoshin ryu JJ, is anybody familiar?" instead of using internet anonymity and waiting to see what responses are like? Also, not the best idea to end posts with "something like that" or "I guess", especially if you're trying to speak from a position of relative expertise (relative to the forum that apparently knows little to nothing of this style) - not the best for credibility.

Interested to know if you train groundfighting or if getting back into standup is the endgame for such a situation. If so, why (please don't say IRL you will get your head kicked in by an angry mob)? Do you spar regularly? I ask because you mention "sequence" and that trips compliant alarms.

Are you saying that the English founder didn't bring this style to the US because he's still bitter about the Revolutionary War? British instructors in the US aren't a myth, I've seen them myself!

EDIT: Just saw the video. Oh boy. OP, you said you learn striking in addition to throws and locks. Do your striking techniques include tomahawk chops and pimp-slaps or is that just for the Exhibicion?
    Last edited by KickPuncher; 1/29/2013 1:13pm at .
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast