Page 1 of 16 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 8:21pm

Style: *********

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A young Mikhail Ryabko's Systema - Ever Shifting History?

I know this is sort of beating a dead horse, but what the hell, has anyone else noticed that certain "arts" like Systema have an ever changing history. For instance who actually trained Ryabko? Better yet what ever happened to his video entitled "Young Master." It seems to have disappeared. While googling Ryabko Young and video will bring up a thread on Systema's forum, you will notice if you click on it that they have even taken the thread down from their forum. Why you might ask. Because it showed Ryabko doing Kung-Fu and getting rocked by his training partner.

I knew Ryabko was a cult leader when I was sitting around witih a bunch of Systemists watching the video, seeing Ryabko getting beat down and one of them says(no ****),
    " I don't understand what he is doing there."
    I reply, " He is losing"
    He replies, "Not possible. He has some sort of strategy."(this is as Ryabko is on the ground under his opponent taking fists to the face), "I am just not sure what it is."
    I reply "..."
    Next sequence shows Ryabko very badly attempting a stick dis-arm which results in him getting beat with the stick.
    Same guy say, "I am just not understanding his strategy here, he cannot be losing, I just don't understand what he is doing."

My final retort, "He is getting beat like a rabid dog." At which point I just walk away.

Now for my question, and I realize that I will demonstrate the full ignorance of my noobness in this one, are their other systems like this or is this kind of brain dead behavior unique to Systema?

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 8:25pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where is this beatdown video and where did it happen?

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 8:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is It Fake, being an Internalist, has a natural affinity with Cystema and won't hear a bad word about it. Don't show him the video, he'll deny its validity as everyone knows Rybako doesn't have the real cystem.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 8:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As I don't own the video, the American/Canadian site don't offer it anymore and have removed all links and forum threads related to it... the best I can do is the
    http://systemaryabko.ru/video.aspx
    Second video from the bottom, you can see Ryabko in a Gi with a black belt... if you want to see him get beat down, buy the video for yourself and share it with the rest of us.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 9:03pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickcatcher
    Is It Fake, being an Internalist, has a natural affinity with Cystema and won't hear a bad word about it. Don't show him the video, he'll deny its validity as everyone knows Rybako doesn't have the real cystem.
    What is your training again? Do you still train?

Are you really this insipid?

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 9:06pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickcatcher
    Also, kickcather is actually a systema practitioner. That's why he doesn't want you to show the video.

He took time away from the website to train with JFS USA.

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 12:26am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen an older video of Ryabko getting knocked around but I don't know if it's the same one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 8:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by melk
    He replies, "Not possible. He has some sort of strategy."(this is as Ryabko is on the ground under his opponent taking fists to the face), "I am just not sure what it is."
    I reply "..."
    Next sequence shows Ryabko very badly attempting a stick dis-arm which results in him getting beat with the stick.
    Same guy say, "I am just not understanding his strategy here, he cannot be losing, I just don't understand what he is doing."
    I have the full DVD here, seems its readily available still. Do you have a timecode for those parts you mention as I dont recall them, or the gi and blackbelt - or the kung fu come to that

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 9:01am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The above is my point. No it isn't a dig at RobP at all. No video equals hearsay. Then the debate rages on because non-systema practitioners whine about him getting his ass kicked. Then pro-systema practitioners whine and say he didn't.

Then it turns into a huge cluster with name calling and other nonessential things.

Kickcatcher knows this he is just being a little bitch because, no one rallies around his ***** ass antics anymore.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 9:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the vid is still readily available in the west put a link to it. I put a link to the one I was talking about on his web site, there he is in a gi.
Page 1 of 16 1 234511 ... LastLast