226099 Bullies, 4272 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 91 to 100 of 111
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. itwasntme is online now
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,603

    Posted On:
    2/06/2013 4:26pm

    supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Re: Sorry my finger slipped.

    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    You might find you catch more flies with honey and all that stuff.
    Trash attracts flies. **** attracts flies. Honey is made by bees and attracts bi-curious bears and misfit posses of animals that don't belong in the given ecosystem.

    Honey is risky business.
    Start a training log!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
  2. jnp is offline
    jnp's Avatar

    Titanium laced beauty

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,233

    Posted On:
    2/06/2013 4:33pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Trash attracts flies. **** attracts flies. Honey is made by bees and attracts bi-curious bears and misfit posses of animals that don't belong in the given ecosystem.

    Honey is risky business.
    Well, I will use the "honey" technique on you first, and then the "****" one, and you tell me which one is better.

    Honey: My friend, your written communication skills leave something to be desired.

    ****: You are a moron who completely missed my point.

    So tell me, which one of those sentences has a better chance of you understanding the point I am trying to get across. Which one are you less likely to ignore because it's not an insult?

    Edit: See, the purpose is to help people understand what you are saying, and that is heavily influence by how you say it. Hedge often comes across as a sanctimonious prick, even when his point is valid. I argue that he would persuade more people if he employed the "honey" technique.
    Last edited by jnp; 2/06/2013 4:38pm at .
  3. itwasntme is online now
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,603

    Posted On:
    2/06/2013 4:46pm

    supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Well, I will use the "honey" technique on you first, and then the "****" one, and you tell me which one is better.

    Honey: My friend, your written communication skills leave something to be desired.

    ****: You are a moron who completely missed my point.

    So tell me, which one of those sentences has a better chance of you understanding the point I am trying to get across. Which one are you less likely to ignore because it's not an insult?

    Edit: See, the purpose is to help people understand what you are saying, and that is heavily influence by how you say it. Hedge often comes across as a sanctimonious prick, even when his point is valid. I argue that he would persuade more people if he employed the "honey" technique.
    From you? Honey. It compliments your eyes.

    I was just messing around though. We are in Trollshido after all.
  4. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,048

    Posted On:
    2/06/2013 5:31pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Escrimator View Post
    Actually curious,why did you pay for his lessons? Did he refuse to take you on otherwise?
    Because I was trying to get him to stop doing Wing Chun. That's about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Okay great, maybe stick to saying you bankrolled his kickboxing then.


    I train plenty and compete several times a year, and I get there in my car, which I own and have a license for (for the last decade, in fact). The bike's just how cool people get medium-length distances. Do you just throw around likely insults because they might stick? Quick, tell me I have a neckbeard.
    Congratulations, you do the bare minimum of being a sort of responsible adult by owning a car. Woohoo!

    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
    Here is about 100 Ib difference for me (skip to 5:17).


    True story, last time Sirc was in town he got really upset at my wife for making racial comments about Asians (she was joking around, mind you).

    It makes me laugh to think about it.

    Actually, I was just having a bad day that day. Stuff with my mom and such. And then the first time I see your wife in a few weeks/months and she's just talking **** to me. I wasn't having a very good day.

    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    That's a bit out of context Hedge. Sirc is semi-famous for using racial epithets indiscriminately. Recall the time he was traveling via subway with Plasma, DerAuslander and Stick and used the n-word in within earshot of African Americans. They had to explain to him that doing so was a legitimate threat to the group's safety.

    Add to this, his history of racist rhetoric, one could conclude that Sirc finding anything racially offensive is rather hypocritical, wouldn't you agree?

    Also, might I suggest you occasionally try to express your point in a manner other than full on "self-righteous asshat" mode? You might find you catch more flies with honey and all that stuff.
    You realize that they were being incredibly racist for assuming every one (who was also black) would get violent, right?

    I asked a larger black gentleman if he had a problem with me and he said no because, "You got your struggles too, man." He didn't seem to mind until I asked which was more racist and he said that the white dudes assuming all the black people would 1: give a **** and 2: would get violent was way more offensive.

    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
    You're missing the irony here Hedge. Sirc has MANY times tried to get a rise out of me by telling Jewish jokes, making fun of my wife's Italian heritage, or by directing misogynist comments to her. Actually, I think he does it just about every time we see him.

    We laugh it off because Sirc is just trolling and we know he doesn't seriously believe the stuff he says. Besides, as a friend and you can joke around a bit more with your buddies (at least in our circle).

    I've also had conversations where Sirc described his philosophy as "Words are just words and only if we choose to, do they have an emotional effect. Therefore, people need to toughen up and not be so sensitive about racial comments. To help, I shall try to to be as offensive as possible and teach people not to take it so seriously." I'm paraphrasing here, but that's the sum of what he's told me.

    As JNP said, it is hypocritical for him to be offended by racial comments as he makes such comments regularly in an attempt at humor.

    You say Sirc has a right to be offended. I say he lost that right with me when he came into my home and greeted me with a "German High Five".
    I don't know how we got on the subject but I still stand by that. I don't really give a **** about the Asian jokes since everyone seems to be armed with about 7 of them that they rehash over and over. I just kind of get bummed about personal life stuff and sometimes bad timing just gets in the way of my personal feelings.

    I don't think this has ever been a point of contention for me.
  5. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,048

    Posted On:
    2/06/2013 5:34pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    So not only did DTT rattle your head like a maraca, you paid him hundreds of dollars for the privilege? Amazing, how do I become more like you?
    I'm not concerned with winning in front of you dipshits. I'm concerned with making statements.

    DTT was bankrolled by me so that he could see Wing Chun doesn't work. Even with only being a week off having had my ribs healed from being broken and not training at all, I still dropped him and fought of a 50lb muscle weight advantage in which he couldn't finish me. He wouldn't have been able to do that with Whin Chun and it shows.

    I get that the circle jerk is the comedy option instead of looking at the facts of the case, but that's why you're the comedy option
  6. jnp is offline
    jnp's Avatar

    Titanium laced beauty

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,233

    Posted On:
    2/06/2013 5:41pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    You realize that they were being incredibly racist for assuming every one (who was also black) would get violent, right?
    Do you know for a fact that they assumed every black person on the train would be offended, or are you making an assumption of your own there?

    Besides the fact that I don't conduct myself in a deliberately asinine manner when in public, I would not assume that every person would get offended. However, I also would not discount the possibility of someone having a really bad day and getting offended by something that would normally roll off their back. Much like how you reacted when Mrs. Coffeefan gave you a spoonful of your own medicine on the day you got upset.

    See how that works?
  7. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,048

    Posted On:
    2/06/2013 5:53pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Do you know for a fact that they assumed every black person on the train would be offended, or are you making an assumption of your own there?

    Besides the fact that I don't conduct myself in a deliberately asinine manner when in public, I would not assume that every person would get offended. However, I also would not discount the possibility of someone having a really bad day and getting offended by something that would normally roll off their back. Much like how you reacted when Mrs. Coffeefan gave you a spoonful of your own medicine on the day you got upset.

    See how that works?
    They assumed. They said it themselves, dude. It wasn't a spoonful of my own medicine, dipshit. I'm not sure you're even understanding the concept here. It wasn't the racist jokes that made me upset. It was the fact that I never get to see friends and they immediately start being shitty to me when I do. That's upsetting.

    The situations aren't 1:1. No amount of brown belt in BJJ gives you the clarity of mind to make these kinds of analogies, dude.
  8. jnp is offline
    jnp's Avatar

    Titanium laced beauty

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,233

    Posted On:
    2/06/2013 6:02pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

    6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    They assumed. They said it themselves, dude. It wasn't a spoonful of my own medicine, dipshit. I'm not sure you're even understanding the concept here. It wasn't the racist jokes that made me upset. It was the fact that I never get to see friends and they immediately start being shitty to me when I do. That's upsetting.

    The situations aren't 1:1. No amount of brown belt in BJJ gives you the clarity of mind to make these kinds of analogies, dude.
    I'm sorry, but when did I ever claim my rank in BJJ has anything to do with my ability to think clearly?

    You don't think that you greeting Coffeefan at the door of his own home with a tasteless racial comment might be offputting?

    I understand that you want to give **** to people, but you expect them to refrain from giving it back to you. How you felt that day is irrelevant princess.

    You are a self righteous hypocritical prick. Now either change your behavior or quit whining when it gets thrown back in your face.

    You are weak on the inside.
    Shut the hell up and train.
  9. CoffeeFan is offline
    CoffeeFan's Avatar

    Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sherwood, OR
    Posts
    2,180

    Posted On:
    2/06/2013 10:06pm

    supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

    7
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    Actually, I was just having a bad day that day. Stuff with my mom and such.
    Ah, that makes more sense to me. You probably should have mentioned this earlier, we were under the impression is was the racial jokes.

    And then the first time I see your wife in a few weeks/months and she's just talking **** to me. I wasn't having a very good day.
    To be fair, this is Mrs. Coffeefan we're talking about here. She has a unique sense of humor (as do you) and her **** talking is meant as playful banter. I've seen you act the same way to her with more personal matters. If you were not feeling it that day, you should have took her aside and let her know you what was going on.

    I don't know how we got on the subject
    Blame Hedge. He didn't get it and felt duty bound to protect you from the racist Jewish Bear and his Shiksha Wife. Had to break it down at that point, for context sake.

    but I still stand by that. I don't really give a **** about the Asian jokes since everyone seems to be armed with about 7 of them that they rehash over and over. I just kind of get bummed about personal life stuff and sometimes bad timing just gets in the way of my personal feelings.

    I don't think this has ever been a point of contention for me.
    So due to your feelings on that day, the negative words spoken to you triggered an emotional response. You had the choice to not empower what was said, but because of your state of mind, you had an emotional reaction.

    You really need to consider this in relation to your philosophy.

    In a perfectly logical world, we wouldn't have emotional reactions to anything spoken and just dissect the content of what was said. But in reality, people have both a personal and historical association with words and they can cause an adverse reaction.

    My mom's family had to flee North Africa to escape the very real threat of internment and murder due to antisemitism. My father's family had to flee Russia for the very same reason. To them these aren't just words they can chose to ignore, but a very real threat of violence. At the very least, hateful words cause a great deal of pain and bring up bad memories of the past.

    Now I have been lucky to never faced true antisemitism and don't have a problem when you joke around with me about these things. Like I said, we are friends and have reached an agreement on what is acceptable between us.

    But as your friend, I really think you need to reconsider the flippant manner you choice to say certain things.
    Last edited by CoffeeFan; 2/06/2013 10:18pm at .
  10. itwasntme is online now
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,603

    Posted On:
    2/06/2013 11:56pm

    supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Re: Sorry my finger slipped.

    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    You are weak on the inside.
    To be fair, who doesn't have some psychological or emotional weakness(es)? They may be difficult, in some cases impossible, to detect over the internet, but I doubt anyone can truthfully say they have zero weakness.

    This is not meant to excuse Chris' hypocrisy in any way, for the record.
    Start a training log!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.