Sponsored Links Spacer Image

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 7:03am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Writing this from home...

It was great to meet and roll with Fuzzy - even though it turned out we were to be the only ones training... :-) When we arrived, Daniel Strauss and another guy were still there, but they didn't train, so we did... Jakub, my buddy from BJJ Slovakia came though, so Fuzzy had a light roll with him too and then we sparred a round (and I tapped to a RNC eventually...).

The thing is, this place really has no heating (besides a gas-powered flamethrowing device), so there was basically the same freezing cold inside as outside, minus the snowflakes. I was told such snowy coldness is unseen in London at this time of the year...

My head hurt for some reason that day from the morning, and later in the afternoon I got really sick, fever, diarrhea, all the nice subtleties of being ill. That is how I spent the remaining 2 days in London, plus the flight home. I still am kind of KO.

Hopefully I will see some more of you guys the next time I travel over (or when you guys come around Central Europe)!

Also, if you are thinking about trying BJJ - wait for some slightly nicer weather and go see Nicks place. :-)
    Last edited by Tonuzaba; 3/25/2013 7:07am at .

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 7:08am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    Good to read. Enjoy yourself and please pass my compliments to Seymour (Brown Belt). He knows me...
    Seymour of Meerkatsu fame? I would have loved to meet him as well, but I don't recall seeing him there at the Friday gi class... Kubo told me he sees him there a lot though. ;-)

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 9:05am

Style: Escrima n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    Really had the best intentions of making it to this one but I ended up getting engaged instead :(

At least you lot had a good time.
    Congratulations Cake of Doom! Best wishes to you and the future Mrs/Mr.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 9:12am

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katje View Post
    Congratulations Cake of Doom! Best wishes to you and the future Mrs/Mr.
    Thanks for that.

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 2:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba View Post
    Seymour of Meerkatsu fame? I would have loved to meet him as well, but I don't recall seeing him there at the Friday gi class... Kubo told me he sees him there a lot though. ;-)
    Correct, Sir!

Yeah, he is a former 2nd Dan in Trad JJ. We passed the same grading. Moreover we were Yellow belts so, trained all the way through. He also ran a Trad JJ club in Central London at which I used to assist. He was exploring BJJ even then and eventually switched following a move from London for family reasons so he had less time.

He also used to visit Bullshido but clearly hasn't enough time between family, BJJ and Gi/Shirt design.

:-)
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345