Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/25/2013 6:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What forum were you a super-mod on? You seriously need to read ALOT more of the site, start with the threads with your user name next to them. There's a reason there is a dinosaur in your thread..

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/25/2013 6:27pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I vote for a temp ban for any poster that can't handle an argument without crying OMG MOD ABUSE:
    ezerb
    chiangmaster
    itwasntme
    and now Detachment.

Hmmm you were a "supermod" and can't tell a normal pm from an automated message that a mod has no control over?

Next appeal to authority please. Oh and your crying and post name are hilariously ironic.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/25/2013 6:31pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Detachment View Post
    I've just noticed that you've sent me the same PM again , I don't know if you send this to all the people in the same way , But I still find it disrespectful and pride-filled
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	you-are-a-dumbass.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	14402
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/25/2013 6:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've found the forum he was a super mod on!

http://mlpforums.com/

Posted On:
    1/25/2013 6:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In MMA you can't poke someone's eyes out or kick someone a lethal kick in the nuts or break someone's neck
    Lots of places claim to "train" these. Unlike fully-applied "live" techniques (such as a left hook to the jaw), the "training" in these consists mostly of some "instructor" saying "here is something you can do", and leaving it at that. No realistic practice, no drills, nothing. This leaves the practitioner "knowing" he can do these things to an attacker, but having no trained-and-drilled "physical knowledge" of their application. Without consistent live-trained application, these will not be go-to responses which are internalized enough to be useful in a split-second scenario like an attack.

That would be useful in a war situation
    War? Weapons. Live-round exercises (weapons and tactics--you'll need to join an army for such training) and lots of actual practice on the range.

Though I've had a program "Commando Krav Maga"
    In general, anything that has "commando" or "combat" as part of its title should raise red flags in your mind: likely unrealistically-trained "RBSD".

That shows many positions and talks about it realistically and how it's easy to get stabbed(In training) many times until you get better with the technique and all the variations
    No matter how "good" you become, it's ALWAYS easy to get stabbed. One little mistake is all it takes.

What I just pinpointed though is just how when they were walking in the beginning they weren't capable of dealing with basic knife attacks even though both practiced Wrestling & MMA.
    1) Wrestling and MMA in general do not claim to be responses to knife attacks. Criticizing them for this is like complaining that Sophie's Choice has lousy special effects and is, therefore, not good SF.

2) Anything which trains live (such as boxing) still stands a better chance of dealing with attacks--even bladed ones--than most unrealistically-training "RBSD" MAs. Chances are still not good, but they are better with alive-training than without.

So true , There are like thousands of possibilities as the numbers go up , How do you infuse such chaos in training effectively?
    If one cannot even beat one person in a realistic situation (which alive-training prepares you far better than any other kind), then how can one deal with more than one?

So I understand , It's all just trials of preparation with nothing guaranteed
    Finally, a bit of sense. The question of "guarantees" is indeed moot. In the matter of which training gives you better odds of a positive outcome, the more "alive" and otherwise realistically you train, the better your odds.

It's indeed it's not a real fight , For example in James Painter , RocknRoll jail fighting system , One of the techniques is to do a jab in the air and then go with striking speed towards his balls revolve them & yank them hard and then switch hands to be able to thrown him over his friend , Or run & vault at the guy with full force , Bite his chest with full strength and move your mouth right & left to make him know and whomever around that you mean business.
    This ^ sort of thing is why it has been suggested you not base your notions of "realism" on movies.

In Krav Maga & Silat , There are many moves that are designed to take opponents soft spots really fast , Obviously non of these moves are applicable and have been removed for sport application , How then could you judge it as ineffective when you've taken away the purpose it was originally used for like war or street fights
    This has been covered. Unless you regularly train these things in a realistic manner, against people actually fighting you in an open-ruleset situation, they will remain things you "know" on an intellectual level, but will not have been programmed into your muscle memory. The latter is essential due to the rapidity of responses required to deal with an actual fight. In a real encounter, you don't have time to "think" about "soft spots" and such. You'll have little or no time to think at all. Whatever training you've ingrained at a reflexive level--that's what you'll fall back on.

What I mean by principle is the science behind what makes the technique works which is very similar to what you've mentioned , Like how takedowns are about the act of unbalancing an opponent's center of gravity (This is what I'm still studying now) , And elements like superior position , force & direction all together, Once one has already understood the way it works , And understood it practically , He'll be able to see openings for it because it's not something memorized like a technique , It's already understood because it's common sense , Like simply use all your force to direct the opponent to the ground is an example (Mentioned in the books Science of Takedowns), Going through many techniques seeing the principle within each , One is capable to come up with many variations all based on understanding instead of just memorizing one .
    Blah blah blah. Wall-of-text does not fighting make. At the speeds that fights occur, "understanding", rather than well-trained combinations that require no "consideration", will leave you enough time to get yourself owned, raped or killed.

Same goes to striking & all the others aspects , I loved how in Human weapon they used this whole Scientific principles demonstrated and it was very useful .
    These are all very well as explanations at the beginning of drills, wherever you train. Once the explanation is done, you go and drill and train in a manner as "alive" and as realistic as possible.

The time for thought is before situations become fights: one's position relative to potential threats, available weapons, avenues of escape, possibility of de-escalation via diplomacy, all that stuff. When the **** hits the fan, however, things will go so fast that there is not likely to be time for anything but conditioned responses. Best be sure they are the best ones available, and that you're well-trained in them.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/25/2013 6:58pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You've sent me this message :

GREETINGS MISTER OR MISSES Detachment,

Don't let your panties crawl up your crack, but for some reason following thread that you created has been moved

================================================== ===================================
    Thread: Dismantling the Fighting Arts - A Journal
    Original Forum: Basic and Misc. Fighting Technique Discussion
    New Forum: Newbietown
    ================================================== ===================================

Either you posted this in the wrong section by accident, or your thread just sucks. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the Support Forum.

We promise to maybe read your question someday possibly Tuesday I think, not sure, but could be. Ok?

Sincerely,
    The Bullshido Customer-Loving staff

I've just noticed that you've sent me the same PM again , I don't know if you send this to all the people in the same way , But I still find it disrespectful and pride-filled especially when sending it for someone who is clueless about the website forums and still starting out , I've been a super-mod before on other forums and your attitude in such pm whether you wrote or whomever is immature .
    That's a stock PM that's sent when one of your posts is moved. I've gotten a bunch of them. No big deal.

It's my habit to say the truth if you got sensitivity problems with that and you can't deal with it , Then feel free to ban me , I dun really care .
    Oddly enough, people tend to say this around here when they're too sensitive to handle what everyone else says.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/25/2013 7:05pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While we're harping about krav maga:

the Human Weapon part where they were showing how most people can't defend against knives was really annoying, because the way they intercept an incoming attack is actually opposite of how they do it in FMA, and an understanding of passing drills shows how the krav way can easily be defeated.

RE Commando Krav Maga: look at this ****:

^this is a move that would be illegal in MMA, but anyone with a little grappling experience will see this and laugh, because that'd never work. This is true of a lot of "neck breaker" type things.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    1/25/2013 7:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so who thinks the OP is 12 years old? 14 years old? 16?

he won't answer, so we know he thinks we will think less of him because of his age.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/25/2013 7:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd cut him some slack if he was any of those ages, the way he flip flops around issues is indicative of a over imaginative contrary teenager..so maybe a fairly bright 15 year old?
    Nice of him not to answer any questions tho..

Posted On:
    1/25/2013 7:50pm

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: I haz teh emo - kik me in meh balsac

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I vote for a temp ban for any poster that can't handle an argument without crying OMG MOD ABUSE:
    ezerb
    chiangmaster
    itwasntme
    and now Detachment.

Hmmm you were a "supermod" and can't tell a normal pm from an automated message that a mod has no control over?

Next appeal to authority please. Oh and your crying and post name are hilariously ironic.
    Angry, hate-filled response.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast