Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/23/2013 6:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Benny Urquidez vs. Dana Goodson 1974

I tried to put this in Video but it said the video format was not supported. If a mod can move it please...

World Karate Championships was held in Honolulu in 1974. Dana was the first local Black athlete to become popular in Hawaii. He trained in Ke?po and boxing, competed in boxing (11-1), then went on to kickboxing and eventually became a respected instructor in Australia (http://www.muaythaionline.org/features/danagoodsen.html). Benny of course is the most famous of all the early kickboxers.

Note the repeated elbows to the head and that Benny stomps on Dana after knocking him down! I have no idea what the rule set was back then. And also not at 3:30 and 6:10 Benny's throws and pins. Also I noticed the great sportmanship; they walk arm in arm for some time. And the purse was, for those days, big - $5,000!

"Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    1/23/2013 8:08pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    6:08.

Downward elbows don't stop the take down.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido