Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/08/2013 3:50pm

Style: Does exercise count?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
    I'm just surprised that someone from Tiger Schulmann is doing so well.
    I used to go to a TSK school and Lampa is mostly correct. They do/did teach some deliberately flashy things and the level of instruction on the by the school level is not world class, but it is very far from crap. I think they've lost some of their karate trappings in the last few years as MMA has grown in popularity so I wonder how that's influenced the curriculum and instruction. Someone who used to post here called them "MMA for the masses" and I think that's very accurate.

I'm sure once you reach the level where you train with the competition team it is a different world because you are no longer training alongside the soccer mom/dad who just wants to lose a few pounds. They have a number of high level fighters who they prepare very well. Even strictly as a business move it behooves them to have successful fighters in well known organizations.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2013 8:58pm

Style: karate/kickbox

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Not unique to fighters, guys will do ANYTHING for their kids EXCEPT take a boring job and be a groveling servant for the kids' mom...
    well i think alot of these guys would be working in construction otherwise making 50 grand a year. That sort of work isnt steady and they probably live check to check. fixed that last part for you tho lol

Posted On:
    2/09/2013 5:45am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They need to shut the **** up, and show me the guys training. They train twice a day for what...2 hours? And I see maybe fucking 8 minutes of it in a fucking whole episode.

If they want to have some bullshit cry quotes of the guys close up faces, they can overlay that fucking **** of them training...add picture in picture of them training and crying, I don't fucking care...I just want to see them train and get better.
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Posted On:
    2/09/2013 1:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it just me, or would this show be better without the entire "fighter house" thing? It just occurs to me that it might be easier for the audience to relate to these young prospects if they were shown doing everyday **** with their families and friends instead of cunting around in a sealed-off house with a bunch of other fighters with little to do but get drunk and play childish pranks on each other.

That would make me more interested in the fighters as people. But then again, the TUF target demographic might be why they keep the show as dumb as they do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2013 6:25pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Is it just me, or would this show be better without the entire "fighter house" thing? It just occurs to me that it might be easier for the audience to relate to these young prospects if they were shown doing everyday **** with their families and friends instead of cunting around in a sealed-off house with a bunch of other fighters with little to do but get drunk and play childish pranks on each other.

That would make me more interested in the fighters as people. But then again, the TUF target demographic might be why they keep the show as dumb as they do.
    I'm not sure how well that would work considering these guys come from all over the US and abroad to compete in TUF. They'd have to fly friends and family out and provide housing for them as well. It's an interesting idea though, I'm not sure it's feasible though. Possibly if they made more regional versions of TUF. TUF East Coast, or TUF AK just to throw out a couple ideas.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    2/21/2013 7:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still don't get this, why the **** are people clapping when someone wakes up from a KO?

What "Congratulations on still being alive" ?

Or is it a pity clap? In which case, cut that **** out please.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2013 7:48pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    I still don't get this, why the **** are people clapping when someone wakes up from a KO?

What "Congratulations on still being alive" ?

Or is it a pity clap? In which case, cut that **** out please.
    The same reason you applaud when a member of any sports team walks, or is assisted, off the field of play after an injury. It's a show of respect.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    2/21/2013 8:23pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meh. I already clapped for that when they got on the stage. I'm not gonna clap for Bad Luck.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2013 8:58am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uriah Motherfucking Hall

Is that guy at a completely different level or just extremely lucky? I think he looks extremely technical, and has a lot of physical attributes to top it, but I know nothing about striking. Maybe someone better educated can shed some light on it.

I'm rooting for Kevin ( I don't like Josh Samman), and Dylan ( it'd be fun if he wins the whole thing, being the last pick and all).

Posted On:
    4/04/2013 11:26pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarzis View Post
    Uriah Motherfucking Hall

Is that guy at a completely different level or just extremely lucky? I think he looks extremely technical, and has a lot of physical attributes to top it, but I know nothing about striking. Maybe someone better educated can shed some light on it.

I'm rooting for Kevin ( I don't like Josh Samman), and Dylan ( it'd be fun if he wins the whole thing, being the last pick and all).
    DYLAN AND KEVIN FOR THE FINAL, last two picks! That'd be so fucking epicly awesome.

Haha, Uriah v Bubba, hehehe oh man.

Beautiful counter, was that an optic-shock knockout, do you think?
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234