Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/23/2013 9:45pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Jones and Sonnen could both be good coaches.

I was a bit "man, that sucks that a CHampion is coaching the guy already punching me in the face...", but then, they want the best guys and to turn winners into better winners, so eh.

Some of the speed those guys had was pretty amazing, I had to watch a couple in step view to see what actually hit them because a few just looked like patty hits/grazes and turned out to be amazing strikes.

I don't like the weird filming style.

It was kind of interesting to have family/friends there for the entrance fights, but not anything that enhanced the show.

I'm looking forward to the fights.

That pretty boy guy talked a lot and expects the expert coaches to take on board HIS recommendations? WTF. These guys are paid to coach and provide the best decisions, not listen to your amateur ass talk ****.
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Posted On:
    1/23/2013 10:02pm

Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Jones might end up a flop as a coach. Not because I think he's a self-centered twat who's incapable of relating to other people(which he is), but he obviously has some seriously prodigious natural talent, and guys like that frequently make shitty coaches because they can't explain things in a manner that someone else who doesn't have that same talent can digest. I guess we'll see how it works out. He can't be any worse than Rampage "Get up! Get up!" Jackson, at least.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/24/2013 1:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    he obviously has some seriously prodigious natural talent, and guys like that frequently make shitty coaches because they can't explain things in a manner that someone else who doesn't have that same talent can digest
    yep. most guys i know who are naturals are fucking terrible coaches. but yeah there is no possible way to be worse than jackson. "dont let him take you down! get up!"

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/24/2013 7:55am

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hall impressed me was surprised Jones didn't pick him and compared to last season I think the fighters are much better. As to Jones coaching from the side line I've seen tuf coaches do that before so it didn't bother me.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/28/2013 5:33am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This new filming style makes punching look weird. But it does at least help the show feel a little different.

also, did anyone else chuckle at the "amateur allure" style prefight interviews, with the eye halo ****?
    I thought Dana White was wearing Octagon-shaped contact lenses when I first saw that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2013 12:12pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just saw the second episode. Boring as ****. I want to see the guys train, not bitching about each other and the coaches.

Third episode is promoted with the nastiest knockout ever. We'll see.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2013 3:44pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So far so good imho. Yeah, there was a bit of drama, but they did actually show training (something which was missing from entire episodes of previous drunken seasons). Hopefully that is a sign of things to come. Sonnen is looking like a good coach so far, and what he's had to say up to this point has been sound constructive advice. I'm not sure about Jones, I liked what he had to say to whatsisname about how he believed in him, and that's why he picked him, but I didn't like his post fight comments much. Not sure if the negativity whatsisname was seeing was from the coaches or his teammates, but I saw it mostly from his teammates.

Thought the fight was actually pretty good, it was back and forth. Dana, post fight, was saying it was a mis match, but I gotta disagree, the smaller one was getting take downs, and he had some solid connections especially in the second. Overall I was thinking we may be headed to a third round until the KO. Compared to previous seasons, this one may actually hold my interest for the entire season. We'll see...

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/30/2013 5:43pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    disagree. **** match up imo. he barely got that first takedown, did nothing with any of them, and after gassing from trying to take him down so hard he started getting reversed. he was simply too far away to do anything constructive with his hands, and his fear of getting hit was keeping him stuck in the other guys boxing range. he was gonna lose by decision if he hadnt been KOed, not because the brit is a good fighter, but because they couldnt have picked a worse fight for gilbert.

boring episode as well, **** all training and lots of bitch crying over flags and babies and ****. NOBODY CARES. that dudes estrogen levels are obviously shooting through the roof from the roids he is doing, every fucking scene was him bawling like a baby.

at least in the next episode we get to see Djimon Hounsou recreate the spade scene from blood diamond on someones face

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2013 5:43pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My point is, I don't really like the "amateur allure" confessions. At least not this early. And I definetely agree, Sonnen seems to be a great coach, and Jones not so much so. I expect Sonnen will be able to really motivate his guys.

And... doesn't Sonnen look kinda... bloated? Plus the shirt inside the pants makes him look like an old PE teacher.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2013 9:58am

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have come to appreciate Sonnen a lot more from this show, thought Jones came across a lot better last night than previous episodes, though Sonnen is still the better coach for me,

I thought the fight was decent too, from both fighters to be honest (dont want to say much more not wanting to spoil the end)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast