Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/31/2013 1:02am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good news for fight fans. The UFC has been in talks with broadcasters, as well as hosting a casting call in Mexico City, Mexico for 115 lb fighters.

More info to come.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    1/31/2013 9:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff View Post
    Good news for fight fans. The UFC has been in talks with broadcasters, as well as hosting a casting call in Mexico City, Mexico for 115 lb fighters.

More info to come.

*looks for way to harness microscope to TV*

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/31/2013 4:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff View Post

More info to come.
    Better news: I just bought KOTC 10- Critical Mass, featuring a one-night tournament full of fat people. Mike Bourke, Fred Floyd, Eric Klepper, Zane Frazier (Not fat, but asthmatic), and Wade Shipp (Not fat, or inept for that matter, but did lose to a guy with a broken back in the UFC). Time to party.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2013 6:57pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Better news: I just bought KOTC 10- Critical Mass, featuring a one-night tournament full of fat people. Mike Bourke, Fred Floyd, Eric Klepper, Zane Frazier (Not fat, but asthmatic), and Wade Shipp (Not fat, or inept for that matter, but did lose to a guy with a broken back in the UFC). Time to party.
    Will you be sharing the bootylicious goodness in your usual generous manner? It should be especially unpredictable if any of the extra hefty guys make it out of the first round; its always interesting to see if someone with poor cardio, when he's tested, responds by swinging for the fences, tries to pace himself and use tactics to overcome poor conditioning, or folds like a lawn chair. Tank Abbott was usually the first kind, which was what made him so fun to watch as he shifted from almost-wildman to full-on you-got-my-sister-pregnant-and-now-you-aren't-taking-her-calls mode. Bob Sapp has been guilty of going into lawn chair mode on several occasions (at least he has sure seemed to).

The way that the refs stand the fights back up and break up clinches along the cage so much sooner than they used to (along with much wider use of offensive tactics from the bottom) has made it a lot harder for guys with less than excellent cardio to use tactics to get through a match.

Anyway, let us know if you find something interesting!

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/31/2013 7:21pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    Bob Sapp has been guilty of going into lawn chair mode on several occasions (at least he has sure seemed to).
    Um, I think its generally understood that Bob Sapp takes dives.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/31/2013 7:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Um, I think its generally understood that Bob Sapp takes dives.
    Yeah, but back in the day he did legitimately give up in the face of adversity due to a lack of heart.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    1/31/2013 7:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Yeah, but back in the day he did legitimately give up in the face of adversity due to a lack of heart.
    The guy was never a fighter*, he was an entertainer. I know the latter part of his career (fight dives) irks many, but eh.

I unno, he makes the money. Good for him.

* Except that he fought, you know what I mean
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 1/31/2013 7:46pm at .

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/31/2013 8:04pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm watching the KOTC tournament. Pretty good ****, I'll write a review of it, maybe of the whole card.

Just a preview: It's a 4-man tourney, one night. All heavyweights, one round, very fast stand-ups during inaction. Not everyone is fat, and there were fights so far that were legitimately good (As in, not just in a comedic sense).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2013 8:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    The guy was never a fighter*, he was an entertainer. I know the latter part of his career (fight dives) irks many, but eh.

I unno, he makes the money. Good for him.

* Except that he fought, you know what I mean
    Speaking of dives, did you see his "fight" against The Colossus in the main event of the debut card for the Super Fight League or whatever the new Indian MMA promotion is called?

I watched it for free on youtube and I still want money back.

Also, there were a lot of truly stunning Bollywood actresses, etc., at cageside, but someone needs to tell the director of the webcasts that we can cut to them between fights or between rounds, but NOT DURING THE ACTION.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    1/31/2013 8:24pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Speaking of dives, did you see his "fight" against The Colossus in the main event of the debut card for the Super Fight League or whatever the new Indian MMA promotion is called?

I watched it for free on youtube and I still want money back.
    Yep, and a couple of other similiar (even worse) ones.

Here's one with a little karma beating if you will:

I feel he gets a lot of hate not just because of the dives, but because of how lousy and low-effort they are.

Also, there were a lot of truly stunning Bollywood actresses, etc., at cageside, but someone needs to tell the director of the webcasts that we can cut to them between fights or between rounds, but NOT DURING THE ACTION.
    Bollywood man... they do things THEIR way. And Shiva bless them.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast