Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    1/27/2013 10:43pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think the problem here is your poor vocabulary. A fair weather fan is a fan who likes a team or athlete only when they're winning. A fair weather fan is not a fan who dislikes some aspect of the sport.

For instance, if I used to like Donald Cerrone, but now I don't because he just got knocked out with a body kick I would be a fair weather fan. Maybe this will help clear things up for those of you who have experienced oxygen deprivation one time too many.

And to answer your question, the third rounds of those two fights were equally uninteresting. But that's beside the point (although I understand logic isn't your strong point.) The point is that I don't like watching tiny little guys fight. It's lame when a guy knees his opponent in the face ten times in a row and he doesn't drop. And that's the kind of **** that happens when 125 pound guys fight.
    You are correct. The term "fair weather fan" does not truly apply to a MMA fan who is biased toward the heavier weight classes. I appropriated the word for my own purposes. Always a risky option around the grammar/vocab police.
    Shut the hell up and train.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/27/2013 10:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judokarl View Post
    Dodson landed a few heavy hits that looked like they could have ended the fight in the early half but Johnson recovered. I get your point on there not being as many Tko's because of their size but there are still a few plus if exciting finishes are your thing there are always submissions.
    Of course. I never said flyweights can't finish. But it's less likely because they weigh 125 pounds and therefore have less power. Is anyone really going to argue this point? It goes without saying, doesn't it?

And for the record, I enjoy every other weight class. But the flyweights don't interest me. Partially because I'm pretty sure I could beat them up, which is not a characteristic I look for in a professional fighter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2013 1:24am

Style: Isshin-ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But the flyweights don't interest me. Partially because I'm pretty sure I could beat them up, which is not a characteristic I look for in a professional fighter.
    I am sorry that you have never sparred or rolled with a man half your size who could manhandle you at will, but they're out there. And two of them just fought last night. Trust me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2013 3:00am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course. I never said flyweights can't finish. But it's less likely because they weigh 125 pounds and therefore have less power. Is anyone really going to argue this point? It goes without saying, doesn't it?

And for the record, I enjoy every other weight class. But the flyweights don't interest me. Partially because I'm pretty sure I could beat them up, which is not a characteristic I look for in a professional fighter.
    I can understand that sentiment. And yeah the lower weights definitely have less KO power. Took a second look at the fight and I get what you felt about the whole bombarding of knees to the face and then the other guys face barely looked worse for wear.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/28/2013 9:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamSP View Post
    I am sorry that you have never sparred or rolled with a man half your size who could manhandle you at will, but they're out there. And two of them just fought last night. Trust me.
    Pfft. I would crush those wee men beneath my jolly green giant hammerfists of doom.

Posted On:
    1/28/2013 9:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamSP View Post
    First, you have no idea what I have or haven't done. I understand the difference a large discrepancy in skill can make. I also understand the difference a large discrepancy in size and power can make. 125 pounds is really, really small. Like a child.

Posted On:
    1/28/2013 10:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crap. I didn't mean to reply twice to the same person. This forum is crazy sometimes.

Posted On:
    1/28/2013 10:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice trolling. Maybe you should write something about how submissions don't work for flyweight fighters or how you'd just power out of a submission hold because you're a real man and BJJ is for homoqueers. That's the logical next step for you.

Posted On:
    1/28/2013 10:43am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Nice trolling. Maybe you should write something about how submissions don't work for flyweight fighters or how you'd just power out of a submission hold because you're a real man and BJJ is for homoqueers. That's the logical next step for you.
    No, you're putting words in my mouth because you're butthurt that I think watching tiny little half-men fight is a lame pasttime.

Posted On:
    1/28/2013 1:17pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not sure how that makes sense, even trollwise. Personally, I find the lower weight classes far more entertaining than the higher ones. The pace is higher, the speed of kicks, punches and takedowns is astounding and the little bastards can scrap all night instead of getting winded after throwing three punches due to a combination of belly fat and steroid abuse (I'm looking at you, heavyweight division.)

As for finishes: Aldo is the size of my left testicle and has a ridiculous KO rate. Imanari has 17 of 26 wins by masterful leglock. Dodson himself has 8/14 wins by KO or sub, so I'm not sure how you can find this boring.

And as for you thinking you can beat those guys: lol, no.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast