222001 Bullies, 3975 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/26/2013 8:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Then you're what I consider to be a fair weathered fan of the sport.

To caricature your viewpoint, "Hurr, hurr, me only like it when big people hit each other. Hurr, hurr."

I appreciate the speed, agility and often the grace that smaller weight classes bring to the fight table.

Plus, I once got my ass kicked by a guy half my size.
    Bullshit. I don't like what you like, so I'm a fair weather fan? That's a fucking retarded point of view.

I don't like it because they look like two cats in a blender. They finish occasionally, but it's much less likely than with the heavier weight classes. It's like watching two very skilled little girls fighting and it bores me. Watching two people who can punch each other in the face 10,000 times without hurting each other is not my idea of excitement.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/26/2013 8:51pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cowboy goes down from a shot to the infamous solar plexus I take it.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/26/2013 10:17pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The little guys rocked for once that was a good fight and as predicted Johnson by points.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    1/26/2013 11:05pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Bullshit. I don't like what you like, so I'm a fair weather fan? That's a fucking retarded point of view.
    No genius, you're a fair weathered fan because you only like the weight classes that suit your interest, rather than all of them, regardless of the weight involved.

I have often observed that logic is not your strong point.

Edit: Assuming you watched the title fight too, let me ask you a question. Which did you enjoy watching more, the 3rd round of the Rampage/Glover fight, or the 3rd round of the Dodson/Johnson fight?
    Last edited by jnp; 1/26/2013 11:36pm at .
    Shut the hell up and train.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/27/2013 12:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    No genius, you're a fair weathered fan because you only like the weight classes that suit your interest, rather than all of them, regardless of the weight involved.

I have often observed that logic is not your strong point.

Edit: Assuming you watched the title fight too, let me ask you a question. Which did you enjoy watching more, the 3rd round of the Rampage/Glover fight, or the 3rd round of the Dodson/Johnson fight?
    I think the problem here is your poor vocabulary. A fair weather fan is a fan who likes a team or athlete only when they're winning. A fair weather fan is not a fan who dislikes some aspect of the sport.

For instance, if I used to like Donald Cerrone, but now I don't because he just got knocked out with a body kick I would be a fair weather fan. Maybe this will help clear things up for those of you who have experienced oxygen deprivation one time too many.

And to answer your question, the third rounds of those two fights were equally uninteresting. But that's beside the point (although I understand logic isn't your strong point.) The point is that I don't like watching tiny little guys fight. It's lame when a guy knees his opponent in the face ten times in a row and he doesn't drop. And that's the kind of **** that happens when 125 pound guys fight.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/27/2013 2:22am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i often wonder why more people dont take a leaf out of rampages book when it comes to his crazy monkey defensive style. maybe they are too focused on his shithouse cardio.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2013 3:43am

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    None of those fights were amazing, but they were all pretty good, which makes for a good card overall. I normally am not much for the flyweights (I could not pay attention to the first title fight), but this fight was pretty good. I really liked Johnson's use of the Thai clinch.

And I'm very much with you alex, Rampage showed some nice head movement.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2013 5:29am

Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So the main event got FOTN, which is unsurprising after all that brutal clinchwork and the consistently fast pace.

Pettis got KOOTN. It's always entertaining to see a bodyshot KO.

What's odd is that they filed Bader's submission under "guillotine". I was led to understand it was pretty different from a guillotine.

Can't believe Guida got that decision. I've lost all patience with the man.

Posted On:
    1/27/2013 9:52am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rampage just quit after the knockdown in the first, and I was only sorry that Teixeira didn't KO him after that wannabe Diaz act in the second. Bye, Rampage. Don't let the door take you down on the way out. I really doubt that Teixeira has a prayer of beating Jones beyond a hail mary KO, but I'm sure we'll get that fight sooner or later.

I was hoping for Cowboy to get the win, but I always like to see a body shot knockout. I still don't really like Pettis for some reason, something about him just makes my teeth grind.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2013 10:17pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    And to answer your question, the third rounds of those two fights were equally uninteresting. But that's beside the point (although I understand logic isn't your strong point.) The point is that I don't like watching tiny little guys fight. It's lame when a guy knees his opponent in the face ten times in a row and he doesn't drop. And that's the kind of **** that happens when 125 pound guys fight.
    Dodson landed a few heavy hits that looked like they could have ended the fight in the early half but Johnson recovered. I get your point on there not being as many Tko's because of their size but there are still a few plus if exciting finishes are your thing there are always submissions.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast