Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2014 3:07pm

Style: mt/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How do I cut weight for next weeks title fight?

Just recently I've won a amateur title fight under CAMO (California Amateur MMA organization)

Last month I was walking around at 215 but I had to gain 15 lbs for the previous title fight. So, I ate a lot of food and did little to no cardio (lol)
    ------
    Anyways, In this upcoming title fight I have to be at 210lbs and I currently weigh 230.

Tl;dr - Weighs 230lbs. Have to be 210 by Friday. Title fight is December 5. Wants to keep training to stay in decent shape

I'm not a experienced weight cutter and have just found out about Epsom salt baths

Posted On:
    11/29/2014 7:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ, FMA, JKD, Pankration

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is your Body fat % at?
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2014 9:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    What is your Body fat % at?
    Not sure, I'd say 12-17%

Posted On:
    11/30/2014 3:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ, FMA, JKD, Pankration

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well this is one of the better articles on cutting weight, I have never tried to cut more than 10lbs of weight myself so think of it as advice if no one else comes along with anything better. Hopefully someone like Omega will come along and give you some good advice.
    http://fourhourworkweek.com/2013/05/...ut-weight-ufc/
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2014 11:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Well this is one of the better articles on cutting weight, I have never tried to cut more than 10lbs of weight myself so think of it as advice if no one else comes along with anything better. Hopefully someone like Omega will come along and give you some good advice.
    http://fourhourworkweek.com/2013/05/...ut-weight-ufc/
    Hahaha! that's the same link I found when I googled weight cutting for mma.

Thanks for your input though. I've cut 12 lbs in a day before so I figured that 20 pounds shouldn't be too bad

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/01/2014 11:20am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by big maclol View Post
    I've cut 12 lbs in a day before so I figured that 20 pounds shouldn't be too bad
    Another 8lbs is another gallon of water (the only kind of weight you'll be losing that fast). Do you think you've got another gallon available to cut after already cutting 12lbs? When I cut 10lbs in a day there's no possible way I could've doubled that safely.

Posted On:
    12/01/2014 11:30am

Style: Kendo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A good hacksaw might come in handy...

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/01/2014 11:57am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Jutsu/MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a lot of weight to cut in a week. I've had to do it, but it was only because another fighter jumped in on a weeks notice to replace what I thought was a canceled fight due to an injured original opponent. I wasn't happy about having to do it, but didn't want to pass up the chance.

My trainers had me do almost exactly what was covered in that link.....good luck mate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2014 6:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Another 8lbs is another gallon of water (the only kind of weight you'll be losing that fast). Do you think you've got another gallon available to cut after already cutting 12lbs? When I cut 10lbs in a day there's no possible way I could've doubled that safely.
    12 lbs in a day wasn't too bad. I had accidently picked the wrong weight class for US open BJJ recently. So I just didn't eat or drink all day till the weigh ins (right before the fight) still got 2nd place so hey! :)

That was in one day. So I'm sure a weight cut at ease for the next few days will get me my goal
    Last edited by big maclol; 12/01/2014 6:24pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2014 6:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsteryank View Post
    That's a lot of weight to cut in a week. I've had to do it, but it was only because another fighter jumped in on a weeks notice to replace what I thought was a canceled fight due to an injured original opponent. I wasn't happy about having to do it, but didn't want to pass up the chance.

My trainers had me do almost exactly what was covered in that link.....good luck mate.
    Yeah, so far I'm on day 2. (day 3 will be = no carbs)little carbs, no salt or fruit. All greens, lean meat (just a tiny bit) and water.

So far I feel a bit weak but I dropped 10 lbs. A extra 10 will be no problem : )!
    Last edited by big maclol; 12/01/2014 6:25pm at .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast