Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/26/2013 3:44pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn I had it backwards thanks for clearing that up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2013 8:54pm

Style: lifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Obama's Gun Legislation Push: The good, the bad, the ^&$$(!

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Interestingly, your level of knowledge on the subject is probably equal to or better than most of the politicians who want to take away our gun rights. See how that could rub people the wrong way when they understand how all this **** works?
    So you're saying the people making the decisions are also making fundamental errors like the one I just did? Jesus.

(Can you tell I'm new to this whole politics thing)

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/26/2013 9:07pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raving&Drooling View Post
    So you're saying the people making the decisions are also making fundamental errors like the one I just did? Jesus.

Uh, yeah. All the fucking time. What do you think we've been bitching about all this time?

Posted On:
    1/26/2013 10:13pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Obama's Gun Legislation Push: The good, the bad, the ^&$$(!

Quote Originally Posted by Raving&Drooling View Post

A lot of politicians do not believe there is an individual inalienable right to own weapons. Many of these politicians are too cowardly to admit they believe this so we get all the acrobatic legislation acts.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 1:55pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-19-13-51-09

So, the Senate is dumping Cuntstein's assault weapon ban because they know there's no way in hell it will make it through even the Democrat controlled Senate. Good. **** that bitch.

Instead, they're going to try for just hi cap magazines, etc. Obviously, that needs not to happen as well, but it's a hail Mary. They don't have enough support in the Senate and if that's the case, there's no way in hell anything will get through the House.

**** is going pretty much like I thought it would. Nothing will come of this whole goatfuck.

The only thing I could see changing that would be another huge massacre right in the middle of this debate, which is possible. Still, I remain pretty confident no new legislation will pass.

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 4:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's also a lot of talk that they already know they're going to have to shitcan the magazine proposal, too. That would make sense if this tidbit from the Huff Post is true:

"While the gun lobby has successfully used Feinstein's bill as a rallying cry to gin up donations and increase member participation, the bulk of the NRA's communications with members of Congress concerns a proposal for universal background checks, which the NRA opposes.

Indeed, the fate of that proposal will now determine whether the president's attempt to reform gun laws will be deemed successful. It will certainly be easier to pass universal background checks than an assault weapons ban or a limit on the size of magazines, but the measure's success is far from guaranteed."

The NRA has their finger on the Congressional pulse. If universal background checks is where they're spending their time, then they already know that's the only proposal that stands any chance at all of passing.

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 4:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The NRA has their finger on the Congressional pulse. If universal background checks is where they're spending their time, then they already know that's the only proposal that stands any chance at all of passing.
    I'm not opposed to FFL transfers at all gun shows or other "retail" establishments, but insisting on NICS for every single FTF in the country is just a rotten can of worms IMHO...

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 7:34pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only thing I could see changing that would be another huge massacre right in the middle of this debate, which is possible. Still, I remain pretty confident no new legislation will pass.
    Unfortunately, I live in Maryland. Where the legislature never met a Democratic cause it didn't love.

When he runs for president in 2016, watch for Martin O'Malley to tout his statewide assault weapons ban as doing something here that couldn't be done on the national level.

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 10:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/20/us...-ban.html?_r=0

Cuntstein is madder than a rabbit. Oh yeah. She REAL mad!!! lol.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    3/20/2013 10:26am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/20/us...-ban.html?_r=0

Cuntstein is madder than a rabbit. Oh yeah. She REAL mad!!! lol.
    [Scottishaccent]Up her nose with a rubber hose![/Scottish accent]
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast