224779 Bullies, 3733 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/18/2013 9:09am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    I would have to agree with Devil about the neighbor killing someone with a car, knife or baseball bat that he bought from me. If I reasonably suspected that he was going to harm someone with any item, I wouldn't sell it to him, but you really never know.
    And the truth is that your intuition is probably just as likely to stop a crime as a universal background check. No need to legislate something that will at best have a tiny impact on public safety.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    1/18/2013 9:39am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you say "we" if you mean the American people, I would answer 'probably not well enough to know what they would do'.

If you are referring to the administration that actually armed them, I would answer 'they had the intelligence and background to know their agenda and could predict the outcome with a great degree of certainty'. There is no way they did not know.

I have bought and sold quite a few guns over the past few years. I would never sell one to anyone who is a felon, underage, an addict or anyone an FFL couldn't legally sell to. I had a guy in Chicago offer me $200 for a Raven .25 once; was that a red flag?

I would have to agree with Devil about the neighbor killing someone with a car, knife or baseball bat that he bought from me. If I reasonably suspected that he was going to harm someone with any item, I wouldn't sell it to him, but you really never know.

We knew *exactly* what they were going to do with the arms - kill people. It really doesn't take a lot of mental effort for people to understand that when we, as a country, arm a faction, the intent is that the faction use those arms.

As you rightfully point out, intelligence likely had a pretty good idea how those scenarios would turn out. Essentially, a background check. Would we have given them the arms if our "background check" revealed that they would have disassembled them and dropped them into the Marianas Trench? I think not.

My point is the hypocrisy/apathy/pure evil of what "we" will allow - nay, encourage - others to do with guns. You really want to stop gun violence? This would be a better place to start than imposing draconian laws on people that have no wish to kill others.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    1/18/2013 9:50am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    We knew *exactly* what they were going to do with the arms - kill people. It really doesn't take a lot of mental effort for people to understand that when we, as a country, arm a faction, the intent is that the faction use those arms.
    O.K. your point is clearer to me now and I agree. The problem is that the people didn't get to vote on it. The ones who made that decision were also the ones with the intelligence and it is obvious that they never ask what we think when it counts.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    1/18/2013 12:19pm

Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I feel terrible for you guys and I'm afraid it's a glimpse of what the rest of the country may eventually look like. You got fucked hard.
    With no Vaseline. Just a match and a little bit of gasoline!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    1/18/2013 5:19pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    It's a shame how quickly the conversation turned from dead babes to "the government wants your guns!". Both sides of the aisle aught to be ashamed for their rhetoric.

At least the President is taking action, like a president should. He's not stupid, and knows full well the resistance he'll meet. Obama welcomes resistance. The GOP stance is, as usual inaction, and moderates will note it for 2016.

In my ideal world, both the Democrats and GOP come together to really tackle the issues that led to Sandy Hook...whatever they are.

Is the grief of giving up a gun is the same as the grief of giving up a child? Not even comparable.

So don't cry to me about losing your guns, if that happens.

That's all I have to say about it.
    I dunno man, I'm a registered independent, but all this gun control stuff kind of makes me want to vote for a bunch of Republicans on principle.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    1/18/2013 6:08pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    I dunno man, I'm a registered independent, but all this gun control stuff kind of makes me want to vote for a bunch of Republicans on principle.
    I have always had the question and never asked it; how does one register as an independent and does this vary from state to state? Where I live you can only pull an R or D ballot in the primary and that determines your party. I always cross lines in the general election so I am actually an independent as well.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/18/2013 7:40pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have always had the question and never asked it; how does one register as an independent and does this vary from state to state? Where I live you can only pull an R or D ballot in the primary and that determines your party. I always cross lines in the general election so I am actually an independent as well.

Independent voters get a ballot where they aren't able to decide on primaries for their party, just like a Democrat or Republican don't get to pick the opposite party's representation, except independents can't chime in on either.

Posted On:
    1/20/2013 9:43pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. The assault weapons ban is political theater designed to protect Obama from the charge that he has done nothing in the wake of horrifying events, which if perpetrated by towel-heads, would have us parachuting into random Arab countries and giving the NSA another ten billion dollars, and listening to the powerful, heartfelt resolve of our defenders of the faith that we will not accept this again. Of course, since it's a mentally ill American, hands are thrown into the air in mock helplessness.
    2. As pointed out by another insightful poster besides scrapper, the purpose is to further marginalize the Republicans by bringing out the doomsday prepper crowd/teabaggers and pitting them against the moderates, who having already had a collision with reality in the last election are probably (hopefully) engaged in some level of soul-searching about the continued relevance of their views.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Posted On:
    1/21/2013 12:55am

Style: BJJ/MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    This right here. There are a lot of liberals who own guns and Obama needed them to win, too. I'm betting those gun-toting liberals will be the difference in the next election. Screw them now and they'll screw right back when it comes time to vote.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    1/22/2013 6:21am

Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    This right here. There are a lot of liberals who own guns and Obama needed them to win, too. I'm betting those gun-toting liberals will be the difference in the next election. Screw them now and they'll screw right back when it comes time to vote.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast