Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/18/2013 9:46pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get your rifles and mags now people I fear a liberal backlash in the next round of elections.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/19/2013 5:39am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL. A backlash against voting with the opinion of the people? Good luck with that. Now that the news has gotten a explodey, everyone has completely forgotten about "assault weapons" anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/19/2013 8:50am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danharr View Post
    Get your rifles and mags now people I fear a liberal backlash in the next round of elections.
    Nah man. They can't do **** unless they control the House and the Senate and Republicans should have a lock on the House at least until they redraw the districts after the next census.

Posted On:
    4/19/2013 3:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danharr View Post
    You can be assured of a conservative backlash in 2014.

They've been talking about this since Sandy Hook and believe me, there are a LOT of dems who are sickened and dissolusioned with their representatives over this flawed, short sighted gun control push.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/19/2013 5:20pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It has become so stupid an ad was ran because a Senator voted no.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/19/2013 11:13pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The dead children of Sandy Hook have informed me in a vision that they are in support of the expanded background check Bill, but that the Family, Friend, and Co-worker exception from background checks for private sales should be extended to cover anyone who "seems like an OK guy" or "looks familiar, like you think you remember her from your cousin's church, or the PTA, or maybe she used to waitress at the Cracker Barrel."

They are thrilled, though, that the gun rights of mentally incompetent veterans will be more fully respected if the Bill passes.

Posted On:
    4/20/2013 12:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    The dead children of Sandy Hook have informed me in a vision that they are in support of the expanded background check Bill, but that the Family, Friend, and Co-worker exception from background checks for private sales should be extended to cover anyone who "seems like an OK guy" or "looks familiar, like you think you remember her from your cousin's church, or the PTA, or maybe she used to waitress at the Cracker Barrel."

They are thrilled, though, that the gun rights of mentally incompetent veterans will be more fully respected if the Bill passes.
    Not that I don't support the idea of background checks.

However a background check would not have saved the children of Sandy Hook so I find martyring them to make the point doesn't help.

Let the merits of a background check stand on their own without an emotional appeal that isn't apt.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/20/2013 1:00pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are going to do something, make your changes legit not half assed bullshit. Whether I agree with the changes or not, at least I could respect people that came up with REAL solutions. Nope, they rather do knee jerk bullshit like the TSA and DHS. You know **** 95% of Americans bitch about now, but had no problem instituting when "dey is skurred for dey chilluns and dey livus."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2013 12:23am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Not that I don't support the idea of background checks.

However a background check would not have saved the children of Sandy Hook so I find martyring them to make the point doesn't help.

Let the merits of a background check stand on their own without an emotional appeal that isn't apt.
    My attempt at heavy-handed parody apparently failed.

My point was supposed to be that the appeal to the children is BS and that the provisions of the bipartisan bill that may actually pass are likely to have close to zero effect, given that private sales are explicitly excepted from checks (and that most gun crimes are committed with illegally acquired guns anyway).

The most substantive effect may well be the elimination of mental incompetence to handle one's own finances as registered with the Veterans' Administration as a basis for refusing to permit gun purchases.

You are right to add that this bill has no relevance whatever to the Sandy Hill case, where the killer's mother had no problem buying guns legally.

Anyway, just a Chuck-put-things-poorly fail exacerbated by the hard-to-read-tone effect.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/11/2013 1:16pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This whole gun grab attempt may end up working to my advantage. Not only did it fail miserably at the federal level, it also is prompting a likely further relaxation of gun laws in my state (NC).

This bill has already passed the state House. Now it's going to the floor of the Senate. I think it is very likely to pass and become law.

Big changes: No more pistol permit requirement, makes it legal for concealed carry holders to lock their gun in their car on educational property, closes the records of CCW holders, ends the prohibition against concealed carry at parades. And my personal two favorite parts - allows concealed carry in establishments where alcohol is served and allows hunting with suppressed weapons.

I'll have my fingers crossed. I'm very optimistic about this one. Suck it, hippies!

http://www.wral.com/new-gun-bill-dra...stem/12539332/
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14 LastLast