Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 10:10pm

Style: bjj/judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is the message I sent Sensei Miller:

Sensei Miller,

my name is Matt Young, and I am a member of the website bullshido.net. Bullshido's main purpose is investigating spurious, exaggerated, and otherwise false claims made by martial artists regarding their training, accomplishments, or efficacy of their training.

I wanted to invite you to a thread that was created by a user today(15Jan2013) regarding some of the accomplishments that you have listed on your website.

The URL is here: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=119571

After a quick google search, I saw that this is not the first discussion thread regarding your claims, so maybe these are questions you have dealt with before. What would really help would be the URL of the "International Cage Battle" to verify your claims of being their World Champion at 185 lbs.

You also mentioned that you the World Champion in Kata, Weapons, and Sparring in 2005, plus the claims of "over 200 victories in competition" and "over 20 Grand Champions and World Titles"...the name of the any governing bodies or organization that you received these honors from would be helpful, or some other verification.

Lastly, the audio on your website lists you as being 20-1 with 15 ko's...the only fight record I can find for you lists you as 0-1. If there are any other names you've fought under, please let us know so we aren't confusing you for someone else.

I hope you will join the discussion, and if the initial poster or some members of the site are mistaken, we hope that you will set the record straight.

regards,

Matt Young

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 10:16pm

Style: whopjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right on man. Very cool. Well, hopefully he will join in an maybe give us some insight into who he is, and what his accomplishments really are. I guess it's possible he's the real deal. I had heard from some other guys that this was the place to bring concerns like this. You guys are awesome. Thanks for all your help. Hopefully he will respond.

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 7:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interestingly, after looking at his imdb, he is the same person in the interview on bjpenn.com

He claims that he was an "underground" fighter before mma was sanctioned.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 8:54am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bull5hithunter.

Your first post isn't winning my support or carrying any favour with me. Starting with how you entitled your inquiry on this site and carrying on with the general "tone" of what it is you're hoping to achieve.

Who are you and what's your relationship to the person you're researching/questioning?

Then there's your alias "Bull5hithunter" this suggests to me that you have an agenda.

I have my eye on you and this thread and rest assured it will get **** canned at the slightest hint of BS from you. So be clear on what it is you think this site will do for you.
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 1/16/2013 8:57am at .
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 9:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rock Ape,

First of all, I've never used this site. I have no idea "what the normal tone" should be on here, and I don't spend a lot of time in internet forums. That being said, I was told this was a good place to track down information on bullshit. I'm not now, nor have I ever been very "computer savvy" .

To answer your question about who I am and what my relationship is to this person...

I'm a guy who's pissed off. I've met this man once through an acquaintance, and I know he has students who are paying money for what I believe to be bullshit. Now, maybe it's not. Maybe this guy is a legitimate badass. If I can find any real proof of said legitimacy, I will happily delete the thread myself (or request it's deletion, whatever you have to do).

You want to say I have an agenda...fine. I'm sure everyone who's on this site has had an agenda at one point or another. The name of your site is Bullshido. You propagate your site as "policing bullshit in the martial arts". I was guessing I was in the right place.

As I have stated previously in this thread, if my tone has come across less serious than it should have I apologize. It really is no laughing matter. I'm just here looking for some answers. You wanna take it down...take it down.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 10:10am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull5hithunter View Post
    Rock Ape,

First of all, I've never used this site. I have no idea "what the normal tone" should be on here, and I don't spend a lot of time in internet forums. That being said, I was told this was a good place to track down information on bullshit. I'm not now, nor have I ever been very "computer savvy" .

To answer your question about who I am and what my relationship is to this person...

I'm a guy who's pissed off. I've met this man once through an acquaintance, and I know he has students who are paying money for what I believe to be bullshit. Now, maybe it's not. Maybe this guy is a legitimate badass. If I can find any real proof of said legitimacy, I will happily delete the thread myself (or request it's deletion, whatever you have to do).

You want to say I have an agenda...fine. I'm sure everyone who's on this site has had an agenda at one point or another. The name of your site is Bullshido. You propagate your site as "policing bullshit in the martial arts". I was guessing I was in the right place.

As I have stated previously in this thread, if my tone has come across less serious than it should have I apologize. It really is no laughing matter. I'm just here looking for some answers. You wanna take it down...take it down.
    No one here is talking about taking anything down and we don't delete threads either. **** canned merely refers to moving it to another area of the site more notably used as the trash bin for threads.

I have no issues with anyone wishing to gain answers or question an instructor's credibility or honesty, that's one of the things we do very well here as a consumer advocacy site however, equally, we do get a number of people who think this site can be used as a platform for their own agenda or targeting someone for less than genuine reasons - we don't tolerate that.

Your opening post didn't explain your motives, reason or connection to the person of interest and this often is an indication to moderators and staff members to keep an eye on the thread's content. There's also the fact that you've jumped right in at the deep end by posting in the most serious section of the site, rather than posting an introduction in the Newbie Town forum or, lurked/posted in other areas of the site where members would know of your existence.

Additionally, this forum has a fairly strict policy for conduct - you can read it in the stickies at the top of the forum page.

Welcome to the site.

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 10:10am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rock Ape,

There is a reason why when you sign onto the site, there are a bunch of threads that will say ***!!Read ME!!***. Claiming you are not internet savvy when you found this site, registered, and posted a thread is not a valid excuse.

So I suggest you read the applicable threads regarding each section of the forum you plan on posting in, and make an introductory thread in newbietown, talking about your martial arts experiences, trainings etc. Generally on the site, the more we know about you, the less likely you are to be dismissed. Also if you have any other connections to Sensei Miller, like if you were a former student of his, or operated a martial arts school in the area, this would be the place to disclose it. In my experience, very very few people are motivated to start a thread questioning someone's credentials out of indignation. Usually, there is an ulterior motive. That doesn't necessarily mean that that your questions will be discounted, but being honest about these things helps.

Lastly, threads are not deleted on bullshido. RockApe may move a thread, or perhaps change a thread title if he sees fit as a mod, but these things are here to stay. If you post in the future, think about this: If you were a possible consumer and saw the title of your thread, would you think that this is a legitimate investigation or just some asshole one the internet?

There are plenty of places on bullshido that are for laughs and swearing cause its cool. MABS is not the place. Like I said, if your heart is truly in the right place and you stick around, please read the stickies on top of the forums so you can better take advantage of what the site has to offer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 10:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gotcha, once again I apologize. I clearly should have done more research before just started posting randomly. I just went looking for a category that seemed applicable to my problem and started a thread. Next time I will read more before I make a post.

One thing I will say being a "noob". This site is SO LARGE and has so much content, having not been here before, it is a bit daunting. Got a lot to learn I guess.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 10:17am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gotcha, once again I apologize. I clearly should have done more research before just started posting randomly. I just went looking for a category that seemed applicable to my problem and started a thread. Next time I will read more before I make a post.

One thing I will say being a "noob". This site is SO LARGE and has so much content, having not been here before, it is a bit daunting. Got a lot to learn I guess.
    LURK MORE POST LESS

That's how we roll here - never a truer word said.

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 10:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do understand and I had no idea the threads could not be deleted. Probably a dumb question, but is it possible for ME to change the name of the thread to something less offensive? Like who is Dale Miller perhaps?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast