Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    4/28/2004 1:35am

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For some reason I like using the Japanese names better. It just sounds cool to say "I just juji gatame'd yer ass!", or "How 'bout a serving of hot piping hadaka jime!?"... lol
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    4/28/2004 1:37am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah, can you do tomonage sans gi?
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/28/2004 1:45am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by chaosexmachina
    Oh yeah, can you do tomonage sans gi?
    Yeah, but your opponent will hate life as he loses skin on his chest and arms. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    4/28/2004 1:50am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ugh...

El Guapo says dance!

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    4/28/2004 1:53am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could, but I would go Sumi Gaeshi.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    4/28/2004 2:03am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *Goes to JudoInfo.com....*
    Last edited by chaosexmachina; 4/28/2004 2:22am at .

El Guapo says dance!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2004 10:37am

Style: Hayai Hashiruno-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (Somehwat back on the original topic)

I've had good luck with Pilates-like exercises, supplemented by some good ole' fashioned weighted situps. I can say that the Pilates have done great things for my climbing; my core body strength is much higher now, and I can do multi-pitch roofs and caves that would just waste me before.

One of my favorite overall exercises is to use a backless chair; one that has a bar to hold your feet down. Grab some wrist weights, and spend your time going between bending over backwards until your head touches the ground (good practice for the IRS), and coming up quickly with a punch combination. You can also spin to the sides when down, working the obliques and lower back.

(On the other topic).

Tomonage is a fun throw, but can be a bitch if your opponent isn't wearing any shirt and is sweating; I tried to use it once towards the end of a sparring session, and couldn't hold on to any part of my opponent's body -- he was so slick with sweat that I couldn't get ahold of anything, and had a shaved head, so I couldn't even grab his hair. Grr.

Posted On:
    4/28/2004 10:47pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish there was a Judo school out here.

I'm so going to get owned when we finally have the MW throwdown.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    4/29/2004 12:46am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Huh...there are schools in your area. In fact I think Master Griffin has a school up there. I think I was told that he was one of Kano black belts...or something like that. If you want I can ask about schools up there.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    4/29/2004 9:23am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by greese1
    You could, but I would go Sumi Gaeshi.
    Cool! I just looked this up, why isn't it done more in MMA it seems perfect for those guys who keep their hips away and bend forward.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123