Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    4/28/2004 12:08am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Windsor Pilates...

My girlfriend has the tapes. Worth doing or pass?
    I would be doing it in addition to running/walking/jogging/whatever I gotting, 3-4 miles on hilly terrain.
    I want to lose weight and get more flexible.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/28/2004 12:11am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well Homie.

I have the tapes, and I do it with my girl.

It's great, gets you flexible, works the Trunk very well. I feel longer, if that makes any sense.

Plus, me and my girl get some together time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Ready are you? What know you of ready?

Posted On:
    4/28/2004 12:12am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT(& Prenatal Yoga)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Windsor Pilates...

Originally posted by greese1
    I want to lose weight and get more flexible.
    I vote for do them.

Trying it for a month can't hurt . . .
    If a `religion' is defined to be a system of ideas that contains unprovable statements, then Godel taught us that mathematics is not only a religion, it is the only religion that can prove itself to be one. -- John Barrow

Talk to TBK's boyfriend:

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/28/2004 12:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Btw Greese1,

I want to thank you about your advice with Judo. Almost a month done, and it's been great. I miss Jits alot, but want to do at least 3 months of Judo first before going back.

I get thrown alot. By everyone.

Then we go to the ground.

So far the belt rank tally is: 2 Blues, 3 Greens, and tonight 1 Orange and every White. I've rolled with the Browns and one Black, but am respectul with them, for now. :)

Once my Nage waze game gets close to my Ne Waza, Watch out!
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    4/28/2004 12:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I was curious how your Judo was going Anthony... Wish I could see it in action. It's hard to visualize you tapping them out, Heheh.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The irony that is that I have been doing primarily BJJ for the past month. Everyone who can tap me leaves for the summer, so I tend to trying to absorb as much as I can right now. Then during the summer I small classes with out Judo coach.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and the Pilates? I tried it once, good workout. I say, go for it.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    4/28/2004 12:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW- What diffences is there training at the Judo school and BJJ? Ideally I want to get involved more with BJJ when I go to grad school, so a lot of what I am doing is learning things that will aid me later.
    What should I be watching for?

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/28/2004 12:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by chaosexmachina
    Yeah, I was curious how your Judo was going Anthony... Wish I could see it in action. It's hard to visualize you tapping them out, Heheh.
    It's pretty interesting to say the least. Most of them are over and tapping within 30 seconds. Tonights was like 10. The longest was 2 minutes, was a blue, gave me his back with him flat down. I got one hand in his collar, he went to the turtle, I got my hooks in, transitioned to his right arm for an arm bar, right leg hooked, left over his head, he held his arm tight, I got it halfway out, and Sensei called Matei. I only found out the belt rankings. White - Yellow - Orange - Green - Blue - Brown - Black.

He later asked me if I studied anything else before, since it was like my 2nday there. I said yeah, Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Which to his credit he replied, yeah I thought so, I could tell. :)

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/28/2004 12:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by greese1
    BTW- What diffences is there training at the Judo school and BJJ? Ideally I want to get involved more with BJJ when I go to grad school, so a lot of what I am doing is learning things that will aid me later.
    What should I be watching for?
    Tough to call. The first couple of days, I had to change my game. BJJ is way more laid back. With Judo's ground having that time limit 30 seconds, it's more spastic. The Green I tapped last night was all over the place but could not get away from my side mount, then full.

BJJ is all about position before submission. As a defender, your job is to get out of any bad position you are in. So alot of work is done from side mount, to going half, to full guard. One quote Ralek said to me once was, there is only once place you ever want to be, that is in the mount. The second is the full guard.

You'll find your size and judo experience will get you far past the other whites. Judo has no defense against the lower body. One green I got easily with an ankle lock. He had no idea what to do. Also another thing I've found is that collar chokes are easy to get. No one seems to expect them, with them going to turtle it's like giving me a present.

I've given my back to see what happens, I roll out. Also, given my arm for an armbar, and been easy to stop it. It seems the guys I roll with forget to bring their knees together, or before the finalize the hold with their legs, let me block it before it gets over my face so I can roll out into them.

I'm getting long winded, but those are what comes to mind rightaway.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast