Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/17/2013 5:24am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    How can you like Steven Seagal but hate holier than thou non-fighters who tell everyone they're the best without ever competing?
    So i take it you no like Bruce Lee too? Dude i don't understand why when a "pro wrestler actor" is talking **** no body takes offense nor hold him liable to his trash promoting talk..but when an action movie actor/star..kinda.. is doing the same...suddenly **** gets real. Bruce the all mighty (here) Mr padre de MMA and ****...was way worst...But for some reason that slides.
    And yes some of Steaven's early work especially the action part kicked ass!!!

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/17/2013 9:53am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thread moved from the Japanese TMA forum.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2013 11:04am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    So i take it you no like Bruce Lee too? Dude i don't understand why when a "pro wrestler actor" is talking **** no body takes offense nor hold him liable to his trash promoting talk..but when an action movie actor/star..kinda.. is doing the same...suddenly **** gets real. Bruce the all mighty (here) Mr padre de MMA and ****...was way worst...But for some reason that slides.
    My impression is that the notion of Bruce Lee being something like the "father of MMA" has often been seen rather critical here.

Posted On:
    1/17/2013 11:36am

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Based on the evidence we've seen from Seagal, I have to assume that if Bruce was alive now, he'd be really fat.

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/17/2013 12:17pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    So i take it you no like Bruce Lee too? Dude i don't understand why when a "pro wrestler actor" is talking **** no body takes offense nor hold him liable to his trash promoting talk..but when an action movie actor/star..kinda.. is doing the same...suddenly **** gets real.
    "Pro wrestling actor"? Who are you talking about?

Bruce Lee WAS overhyped. Not denying that. But at least he was an impressive physical specimen. Seagal's looked like a Polynesian grandmother for like half of his acting career, all the while insisting that he was a great fighter in the real world, while also being a dick to stuntmen and molesting women.

Bruce the all mighty (here) Mr padre de MMA and ****...was way worst...But for some reason that slides.
    At least the whole Bruce = Father of MMA was something that other jackasses ascribed to him after his death. Seagal is perfectly content to insist that he's a real MMA coach because he got trolled by Silva and Machida and he's the only one who can't tell.

Posted On:
    1/17/2013 12:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    How can you like Steven Seagal but hate holier than thou non-fighters who tell everyone they're the best without ever competing?
    I can seperate my like for Above The Law and Out For Justice from my total dislike of Mr. Seagal's personal habbits (Racism, shitty blues jams and Lobster Benedict),

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/17/2013 1:00pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I've had Aikido Ka lecture me on how to avoid conflict and they're perplexed when I told them they suck at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JingMerchant! View Post
    Is there a story here...?

If so, would mind telling it...?
    What I'm about to say is completely hearsay as I was too drunk to remember.

Nov 16th 1999- Apparently this guy who had taken 3 years of Aikido. He was passing a few one liners thinking people were actually amused by him. Anyway he was bragging on how Aikido teaches people to avoid conflict that's what makes it the best martial arts out there. So apparently I mumbled something along the lines of "Apparently you haven't been paying much attention in class." So he calls me on it, and I told him if Aikido teaches people to avoid conflict maybe they should stop throwing it in peoples faces. Anyway, it got a bit heated on his part and I kept laughing at him. Then he changed the subject to the point that he could move out of the way of a punch without a problem. At that point I apparently got up, walked over to him and smacked him and said "You need more practice."

I guess he tried to get up and try fighting me and I looked at him stating "What about avoiding conflict?" In which he could barely responds, then I said "...and you can block any punch?". In which our mutual friend proclaimed "Well in all fairness you slapped him". Then everybody broke out laughing and defused the situation.

(Yeah, not an epic tale but that's why I've never told it before). I have a few more along the same line, but that's the funniest.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/17/2013 1:15pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    My impression is that the notion of Bruce Lee being something like the "father of MMA" has often been seen rather critical here.
    Shhhhhh...... It isn't like we have any threads denouncing BL's arrogance on bullshido.

He likes to generalize form ignorance; leave him alone.

Posted On:
    1/17/2013 2:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorami View Post
    Based on the evidence we've seen from Seagal, I have to assume that if Bruce was alive now, he'd be really fat.
    Photoshop contest.

Bruce Lee + Chuck Norris on Expandables 2?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Posted On:
    1/17/2013 2:28pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    Photoshop contest.

Bruce Lee + Chuck Norris on Expandables 2?
    Bruce and Bradon Lee for cameos on the Walking Dead (no makeup needed).
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast