228388 Bullies, 4077 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142021222324 25262728 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 5:23pm

supporting member
     Style: No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Like you've never used such words for hung gar.
    Nope.

So you agree, but from a different style?
    Hmm no.

And you're pontificating about his pontificating on pontification. But its the Internet and none of us are training while we post, so why get your panties in a bunch?
    At least one of us is an Aikidoka. His panties are already in a bunch. He needs a good unbunching.

A compliant rant?
    I see what you did there. I should have finished reading your post first. Bravo.

You've been here for years, have you ever posted video of you doing kung fu or sanshou?
    I would post video if I made a claim that required video evidence, such as "my art is so sophisticated it draws all the biggest Hippie artists and sophisticated intellectuals".

Then I'm on your bad side too, cause I'm an artist who hangs out with Burners and I have all sorts of bad things to say about the New Age movement.
    Good let's hear them. This is an AIKIDO thread in YMAS.

Using the "alphabet of motion" analogy, a good martial artist/writer can write a paragraph without having to recall how to draft each letter.
    You and Doof are talking about something completely different than what Matt and I were. If it weren't so accidental it would be genius.

You're delusional if you think that the thousands of bullies all agree, and that you're the mouthpiece of them.
    So to prove your point, YOU'RE speaking as the mouthpiece of them? Silly game.

There's a time and a place for it, and its not on the mat, is what he's saying. Don't you agree, mr kung fu/computer expert?
    What he is saying is completely different. He is saying Aikido is under ATTACK.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I won't apologize for it. This isn't MAP.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 7/31/2013 5:26pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 5:24pm

Style: aikido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Remember when I say "us" I am referring the the Bullshido Collective, not the few people interested in your rambling essays with Steven Seagal as the Third Antichrist and his demonic horde of Hippies out to ruin the legacy of Aikido.
    See my previous post. You are not the voice of the Bullshido Collective. Also, I never said anything about Steven Seagal.
    Then you are pontificating about pontification being used as a substitute for training. In the same way they use Aikido class as their forum to pontificate, you are here on Bullshido pontificating.
    If you don't see the difference between talking on a discussion forum -- which is intended for talking -- and talking instead of training during training time, then you're dumber than I thought.

I think the BEST thing is talking about a martial art WHILE you are practicing it, knowing what you're talking about, and then blasting it into the internet. Hence internets...sharing.
    I don't disagree.
    I have watched video of people doing crazy martial arts dances in the darkest parts of Africa...what's wrong with asking an Aikidoka who claims to have the real Aikido for video of said Aikido? Hmmphf.
    I never claimed any such thing.
    So let me get this straight: Many Aikido instructors have started to structure their classes to entertain your demographic. You have the real Aikido.

What's the problem again? Who has a problem?
    You're missing the point -- the important word in that statement was entertain.
    You're an aikidoka. You'd be hard pressed to last more than a few seconds, period.
    When you post irrelevant insults like this, your butthurt shows.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 5:30pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What he is saying is completely different. He is saying Aikido is under ATTACK.
    No, I'm saying that it is happening, and that it is one of the reasons aikido is becoming less popular. It pisses me off because it makes it harder for me, personally, to find training I enjoy, not because I think it does harm to any legacy or tradition. The legacy and the tradition are not my problem.

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 5:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMatt View Post
    See my previous post. You are not the voice of the Bullshido Collective. Also, I never said anything about Steven Seagal.
    Who said I was the voice of the Bullshido Collective.

There is no voice of the Collective.

And you don't have to mention Seagal. You don't have to say anything, I get it.

If you don't see the difference between talking on a discussion forum -- which is intended for talking -- and talking instead of training during training time, then you're dumber than I thought.
    The difference is actually exactly what I was talking about. The dumb actually you starting the rant about Aikido.

No, even dumber is Doof asking me if do spar.

I never claimed any such thing.
    Yes, you did. You watched an Aikido video and posted this, which I took to mean you train at two Aikido clubs and train much harder and move alive AKA The Real Aikido.

So, you set the bar pretty high with that claim. I've never made a claim so bold.

You're missing the point -- the important word in that statement was entertain.
    Well we're in the right forum for that.

When you post irrelevant insults like this, your butthurt shows.
    Damn, I was only hoping for a good joke at Aikido's expense.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 5:39pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So to prove your point, YOU'RE speaking as the mouthpiece of them? Silly game.
    "you aren't" =/= "I am"

Since I was ten, I've sought out alive, hard sparring martial arts.
    Wait, are you claiming 20+ years of hard sparring martial arts? I thought you were a judo yellow belt who trained in Hung Gar.

Oh wait:
    I would post video if I made a claim that required video evidence, such as "my art is so sophisticated it draws all the biggest Hippie artists and sophisticated intellectuals".
    Can you post video of any of your alive, hard sparring martial arts in the last 20 years?

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 5:41pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I'm saying that it is happening, and that it is one of the reasons aikido is becoming less popular. It pisses me off because it makes it harder for me, personally, to find training I enjoy, not because I think it does harm to any legacy or tradition. The legacy and the tradition are not my problem.
    Aikido pisses you off?

Do Judo.

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 5:48pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait, are you claiming 20+ years of hard sparring martial arts?
    Nope. He asked me if I spar, and suggesting I don't even know how to spar.

My general answer to that is always going to be the same: come spar with me.

I know how to spar because I love sparring. I've loved doing it since I was a kid. I love karate, judo, kung fu, UFC, and hard contact sparring.

And BOXING. Oh....I LOOOOOVE boxing.

Do you want me to pee in a cup and test it now? Hold this..

I thought you were a judo yellow belt who trained in Hung Gar.
    You thought right, although I may be doing more judo in the immediate future because my kf school just got booted from our rental space

Can you post video of any of your alive, hard sparring martial arts in the last 20 years?
    I don't, as a rule, post video of myself doing anything to the internet. If I ever win the Kuoshu tournament in MD, I'll post a video of that, ok?

Are you saying you want to make a video with me? I get out to Cali now and then...
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 7/31/2013 5:55pm at .

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 6:05pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't, as a rule, post video of myself doing anything to the internet. If I ever win the Kuoshu tournament in MD, I'll post a video of that, ok?
    Okay, but you were the one saying Owlmatt should just post video of himself doing good aikido instead of talking. What if he, as a rule, doesn't post video of himself to the Internet?

Are you saying you want to make a video with me? I get out to Cali now and then...
    I'd be happy to, you could see my sweet garage dojo and everything, but my sparring for the last few years has been mostly fencing masks and weapons.

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 6:34pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, but you were the one saying Owlmatt should just post video of himself doing good aikido instead of talking. What if he, as a rule, doesn't post video of himself to the Internet?
    I would like to see the video of good Aikido. Don't hate me for asking.

Owlmatt said he had better, so I was hoping for video. Denied.

If someone posted Hung ga and I said "THAT'S CRAP" I'd hope somebody challenge me to produce proof of better.

I'd be happy to, you could see my sweet garage dojo and everything, but my sparring for the last few years has been mostly fencing masks and weapons.
    Last night, my garage became temporary storage for an arsenal of kung fu weapons.

Now THAT is a claim, and here is proof.

We'll see how long my wife agrees to this....it may require some wooing.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 7/31/2013 6:39pm at .

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    7/31/2013 6:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We are creating a generation of people who think that aikido is all about thinking. I want to smack these people. Martial arts aren't about thinking; the goal of the martial artist is to train until he reaches the point where he doesn't need to think at all.
    So what kind of thinking are you thinking about?

Does the type of thinking you are thinking about apply to any physical endeavor, or just martial arts?
    Falling for Judo since 1980