1/15/2013 4:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    You suck.
    Your Koan sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Especially when the system is 95% theoretical and conceptual.
    And you just raped like, all of CMA. Especially Taiji. I challange you to Zhan Zhuang.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 4:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldiermedic View Post
    See you can appreciate the "idea" of aikido all you want, this does not make it an applicable mechanism for self defense.

The main ideas behind "style bashing" on bullshido is "does it work?" and "can you train with resistance?"

Aikido fails both of these tests. If your goal is to get off the couch and get the blood flowing, maybe your club is fine. However, if you are taking it for a self defense purpose, you'd be better off running a couple of miles everyday(actually, if your goal is to get off the couch and get your blood flowing, running is probably a better alternative for that too).

What it comes down to is that aikido relies on too much mysticism and hakama envy, and not enough quantifiable evidence of it working to help defend against assault.

I trained in Daito-Ryu aikijitsu, and while from what I've read it was a better school than most, it still left me woefully unprepared for when I finally got into real grappling(judo & bjj).
    Thank you for youra reply :D most people tell me Aikido sucks, and when I ask them why they think what they do, they can't explain themselves. So thanks again for giving a legit response

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 5:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aikido renders non-French-speakers incapable of spelling "grapefruit" in French.

If OP took some sweaty, ape-like MA, he'd know it was "pamplemousse".

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 5:05pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    There's a million different threads about all the nuanced reasons that bullies don't like aikido.
    >.< Sorry!

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 5:20pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 5:23pm

Style: Judo, Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aikido as is commonly practised (read 99.99999%, regardles of what anyone tells you that they train the real) is it own worst enemy. As Omega put it (politely for him), a lot of it is theoretical bullshit that is irrelevant until you have the physical training to make it work. Throw in the over-publicised philosophy, and you tend to get 2 types of aikidoka - those who have never studied anything and want to spend their time justifying themselves ather than hard training, and fat mid-life crisis sufferers who want to feel good about themselves without putting in the effort.
    F*ck - can't count. There are 3 types - add in the japanophiles. The fucktards think they are learning something deeply profound and spiritual, becasue they learn things in a new language for them. These peopel are also the most likely to have wallhanger weapons, facial acne and the enitre Seagal back-catalogue.

(Look at my style field - I train in aikido. I have my own reasons for doing so. I can never get over the first national seminar I went to - first partner asked me not to grip so hard as he had a sore wrist. Next training partner asked me to tone it down as aikido is not about trying to hurt each other).

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 5:26pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by traversnz View Post
    Aikido as is commonly practised (read 99.99999%, regardles of what anyone tells you that they train the real) is it own worst enemy. As Omega put it (politely for him), a lot of it is theoretical bullshit that is irrelevant until you have the physical training to make it work. Throw in the over-publicised philosophy, and you tend to get 2 types of aikidoka - those who have never studied anything and want to spend their time justifying themselves ather than hard training, and fat mid-life crisis sufferers who want to feel good about themselves without putting in the effort.
    F*ck - can't count. There are 3 types - add in the japanophiles. The fucktards think they are learning something deeply profound and spiritual, becasue they learn things in a new language for them. These peopel are also the most likely to have wallhanger weapons, facial acne and the enitre Seagal back-catalogue.

(Look at my style field - I train in aikido. I have my own reasons for doing so. I can never get over the first national seminar I went to - first partner asked me not to grip so hard as he had a sore wrist. Next training partner asked me to tone it down as aikido is not about trying to hurt each other).
    You forgot the fourth type. The person that angrily explains how all other <insert art > sucks, but the one they study is hardcore.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 5:31pm

Style: Judo, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You forgot the fourth type. The person that angrily explains how all other <insert art > sucks, but the one they study is hardcore.
    You're right - told you I couldn't count. Comes from getting thrown on my head from doing judo for 20 years.

Must explain why I can never win a debate against an aikidoka, yet strangely their theories don't pan out into practise sometimes?

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 5:32pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm always fucking polite. Kiss my ass.

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 5:41pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by traversnz View Post

Thank you sir :D I'm glad I don't own wall hanger weapons, have facial acne, or the entire Seagal back-catalogue
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast