Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 1617181925 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 12:43pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's an alternate post for you sir (or madam: I don't suspect your a madam, nothing wrong with being a madam, my hunch is that you are a sir, I'm just playing it safe here...), this time a sane responce, not fully inspired by the traditional Bullshido attitude that I normally encounter every time I come here and is quite clearly supported and reflected by the actual moderators/staff of this dump (place has actually helped me out a bit fixing my fucked up thoughts towards Wing Chin and some crazy idea 5 or so years ago that I could defend myself against knives... but yeah, it's still a dump, no offense, nothing wrong with that, my living room is a dump also, because I am a slob, there I said it, now...).

If Aikido is just throwing (somewhat like judo only with greater focus on initial distance from attacker) then it preaches range. Aka the ability to throw an incoming attacker. That's pretty clear. Sometimes attackers punch (maybe even low kick..) and if Aikido can't handle that, or requires a black belt in Judo as a base to use it even reasonably effectively, then it seems pretty goddamned useless to me (clarification there if you don't understand the eccentricities of English is... 'to me' that's how it 'seems' TO ME since I'm the asshole writing this). Lets at the very least see Aikido beat Judo, making it clear and refined or HIGHER level of Judo, but I think it's pretty obvious that this isn't the case or Aikido would dominate the worldwide Olympics in Judo even if they had to change their outfit....

Get real, **** doesn't work and I don't need to go scientific study on this with a 500 dojo tour to figure that out and create a proper average. The flagship, top rated dojo in a worldwide major city like NY (that has been open and flourishing for over 20 years, not NY the dojo you dumbass.... NY's older than 20 years....) should suffice, and is likely only second best to Japan or another Asian country. Thanks, cheers. But seriously, Aikido sucks, stop practicing it even if it makes you happy. Just stop.

That's your sane version post with just a touch of Bullshido flare to keep this **** real for you folks. Keep on rocking it sir, I have no future bones with you. You are cool beans in my eyes, and I respect your critique of my **** but I'm not letting it stand sir, no way no how....
    Last edited by Jettatore; 3/19/2013 12:53pm at .

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 12:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettatore View Post
    Ok. Lets follow 'your' logic homey!
    I'm not your homey.

'YOU' don't like the fact that I didn't do a full 50 gym tour study of Aikido.....
    Site where I said anything about a 50 gym tour.

Well **** wasn't that the point of this thread in the first place... To get Anecdotal evidence from a multitude of forum posters, and then pool together some sembelance of a more complete "aka scientific" understanding.
    Nope, the point of this forum is to expose BS in the martial arts world. But the point of this sub-forum is to **** off about stuff.

What am I supposed to do it all myself....
    No one asked you to do anything. So calm down.

If I understand the way this forum works at all by now, I'm supposed to tell you your a fucking half-wit by now who should just shut the **** up. I'm not actually like that, but I think that's how this stupid fucking forum works and what many (again key word there, many, aka, not all) of you dumb fucks respond to?
    Good for you. Being the better man an all.

That help my brother? Don't get upset this is just this internet you moron turtle! There are other Internets ok fellow warrior.
    Yeah, I'm sure you helped everyone on this thread, with your "anecdotal evidence" /sarcasm

Also, if I'm getting the gist of bullshito wrong, you tell me and I'll adjust my form.

lol
    OK, I'll let you know.

edit: for moron clarification.
    You don't need to clerify for yourself.

This was in NY fucking City, manhattan, not Alaska.
    Cool story.

I know I said this already but I feel now it needs clarification. This was an Aikido gym, located in a world capital.
    Really? The capital of the world?

Sorry I did not go to Japan to check out their dojos, the commute fees would have run me a bit high and I would have ended up in Judo anyways. Anymore questions sir?
    No one asked you any questions, until now.

How's my bullshido rock doing? I'm swagger right motherfuckers? This is how the rest of you do this ****, I'm just trying to fit in. You tell me and I'll adjust my flex to the left Sensei.
    This is probably some "world capital" slang that I don't get. So I can't really answer.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 12:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How's my bullshido rock doing? I'm swagger right motherfuckers? This is how the rest of you do this ****, I'm just trying to fit in. You tell me and I'll adjust my flex to the left Sensei. You tell me how you want it!
    I prefer my noobs a little more cardigan and corduroy, if you know what I mean.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 12:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    LOL, he has a point Diesel.
    Did Diesel forget we're in YMAS?
    I almost felt the redirected energy of that attack... Ippon!!!

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 12:58pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    Did Diesel forget we're in YMAS?
    I almost felt the redirected energy of that attack... Ippon!!!
    I did not. But I'm bored at work.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 1:04pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Get real, **** doesn't work and I don't need to go scientific study on this with a 500 dojo tour to figure that out and create a proper average.
    500 now? It was 50 a few minutes ago.

But seriously, Aikido sucks, stop practicing it even if it makes you happy. Just stop.
    I don't train in Aikido. But thanks for the advice.

I'm not letting it stand sir, no way no how.
    No worries. I'm not anyone important around here.
    Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 1:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's an alternate post for you sir (or madam: I don't suspect your a madam, nothing wrong with being a madam, my hunch is that you are a sir, I'm just playing it safe here...), this time a sane responce, not fully inspired by the traditional Bullshido attitude that I normally encounter every time I come here and is quite clearly supported and reflected by the actual moderators/staff of this dump (place has actually helped me out a bit fixing my fucked up thoughts towards Wing Chin and some crazy idea 5 or so years ago that I could defend myself against knives... but yeah, it's still a dump, no offense, nothing wrong with that, my living room is a dump also, because I am a slob, there I said it, now...).

If Aikido is just throwing (somewhat like judo only with greater focus on initial distance from attacker) then it preaches range. Aka the ability to throw an incoming attacker. That's pretty clear. Sometimes attackers punch (maybe even low kick..) and if Aikido can't handle that, or requires a black belt in Judo as a base to use it even reasonably effectively, then it seems pretty goddamned useless to me (clarification there if you don't understand the eccentricities of English is... 'to me' that's how it 'seems' TO ME since I'm the asshole writing this). Lets at the very least see Aikido beat Judo, making it clear and refined or HIGHER level of Judo, but I think it's pretty obvious that this isn't the case or Aikido would dominate the worldwide Olympics in Judo even if they had to change their outfit....

Get real, **** doesn't work and I don't need to go scientific study on this with a 500 dojo tour to figure that out and create a proper average. The flagship, top rated dojo in a worldwide major city like NY (that has been open and flourishing for over 20 years, not NY the dojo you dumbass.... NY's older than 20 years....) should suffice, and is likely only second best to Japan or another Asian country. Thanks, cheers. But seriously, Aikido sucks, stop practicing it even if it makes you happy. Just stop.

That's your sane version post with just a touch of Bullshido flare to keep this **** real for you folks. Keep on rocking it sir, I have no future bones with you. You are cool beans in my eyes, and I respect your critique of my **** but I'm not letting it stand sir, no way no how....
    Btw, the bold and underlined is why you could have benefited from a larger sample group.
    What's your beef with Bullshido? You seem to have no problem being an arsehole..you seem to have got that **** down homey.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 1:20pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    I did not. But I'm bored at work.
    Ah, fair enough. Have fun..

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 1:26pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    Btw, the bold and underlined is why you could have benefited from a larger sample group.
    What's your beef with Bullshido? You seem to have no problem being an arsehole..you seem to have got that **** down homey.
    No, he followed the OP and gave his opinion you and DT are wrong in this instance. Oh and DT leave the semantics alone, YOU said Scientific study sarcastically and he gave it a number.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 1:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    No, he followed the OP and gave his opinion you and DT are wrong in this instance. Oh and DT leave the semantics alone, YOU said Scientific study sarcastically and he gave it a number.
    True. Not arguing anything different, I backed his reply to DT and agree pretty much with his response o the OP.
    His follow up however imo gave some credence to a point DT ( over stating it ) made, which is what I was pointing out.
    Last edited by Resonance10; 3/19/2013 1:51pm at . Reason: clarification