218321 Bullies, 5897 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupVeteran10000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    1/17/2013 1:13pm

Style: ti da shuai na

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    It's like this:
    The MiZong players I've known have done forms that look like this. The style seems to be a mix of northern long fist and a little Chen taiji (they have their own ideas about fa jin). They often do san shou-style drills and generally spar, though often more lightly and with less protective gear than I'd recommend.
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/17/2013 11:44pm

Style: Taijiquan, Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Also, the 2006 Jet Li film "Fearless" (good movie! Lei tai fights vs Hung Ga stylists!) is about mizongquan master Huo Yuanjia
    Huo Yuanjia comes from the outskirts of Tianjin. I went to have a look at his house, they'll let you in to have a look around. I had a go on his heavy bag and actually felt some remnant of his qi come into my arm. I'm saving it for an emergency situation.

There's a big martial arts school next door named after him where they teach...Karate, Judo, Tae Kwon Do and San Da. Didn't see any lost track boxing. Did see some lame Wu Shu. The most impressive stuff to me was the Judo, surprisingly. Then the San Da was pretty heavy as well.

Also, lots of those flappy, tin foil weapons being waved around.

On the way home our taxi ran over a dog.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12