221962 Bullies, 4297 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 71 to 80 of 80
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    4/27/2013 12:23pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruwel View Post
    "Rather learn BJJ for locks", ag please! The only reason you cannot get out of triangle choke or arm bar in MMA is because of rules. You are not allowed to hit somebody in the groin, bite him, pick him up and slam him on his head, etc. All which is allowed in the street. When you fight someone in the street, you're most probably not going to be able to put him in a triangle choke and if you do that with me, I'll pick you up (or just walk forward over your neck) and slam your neck onto the tar and breaking it.
    You have no idea what you're talking about. You can't bite your wait out of triangle chokes, your chances of picking anyone up past about a 4-5 month white belt and slamming them is next to zero.
    Groin punching? Please... Not going to happen out of a triangle choke. You have zero grappling experience, go away.
  2. Cuddles is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cuddleton
    Posts
    354

    Posted On:
    4/27/2013 2:44pm


     Style: HS Cuddling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To elaborate on Kintanon for Gruwel;

    Biting does not work in a triangle. By saying that, you tell us that you have no idea how a triangle works, and you've never gone against a BJJ/Judo/Wrestling/Sambo user (read, grappler). Please don't claim that your instructor showed you it, he's obviously doing it wrong if you can even try to attempt this.

    You are allowed to slam in mma fights. If you watch the attempts, once the triangle is in place, the one trying to slam usually gets KO'd before he can even lift the opponent. It's not as easy as just picking someone off the ground :/

    And to clarify, unless you like punching yourself in the face, you won't be able to punch the groin in a triangle. If you can even get your free arm near it.

    There's a reason why BJJ and other forms of grappling are used in UFC today. In the early UFC matches (NHB fights before weight classes), BJJ won repeatedly, and often as the smaller competitor.

    And if you look at underground fighting, grapplers reign supreme.
  3. Gruwel is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8

    Posted On:
    4/28/2013 3:08am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai / Krav Maga

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You make a valid point, theAsthmatic, regarding the guy not throwing the girl to the ground in a "realistic" situation. What they were training there is in a situation where a guy does not throw you to the ground which is often the case, e.g. he catches you on the street and wants to take you to your/his car, in such a situation he will not immediately throw you to the ground in the middle of a parking lot. Or, he's in your back garden and wants to move you into the house, etc. In the case where he does throw you to the ground, there are moves on the ground for the situation, as you saw.

    The fact that he threw, punched or drags you is a good thing, because that means he wants something from you and keeps you alive. If he wanted to kill immediately, he'll walk up and just do it. Whether he stabs you from behind, cuts your throat or shoots you, it'll happen without you seeing it coming (in most cases). I'm not sure that you all know how crime works in SA. If they want to kill you, they go straight to it. There's no wrestling or fighting. They walk up to you and shoot/stab/slice you without warning or confrontation. When they want something first, then it's a different situation. I know every country has crime, but farm murders and a violent crimes are far more frequent in SA. Most doesn't even get into the news anymore, because it is a daily occurrence. This is Africa. 1 out of 4 women in SA get's raped.

    As for BJJ, I trained a while under Clauber Santana and he showed me quite a few interesting moves and counter moves. Why didn't I put it in my resume, you ask? Well, I don't do it anymore and I don't consider myself a BJJ practitioner. There your whole argument falls flat, you say? See below three sentences.

    Anyways, this has been fun. As It IS Fake said, this headed to silliness. There will always be a counter argument to any argument.
    Attached Images  
  4. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,743

    Posted On:
    4/28/2013 6:21am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruwel View Post
    So much **** I could fertilize half of America's farmland.
    There will always be a counter argument to any argument.
    There are counter arguments and then there are people, like you, who engage in "what if" uneducated scenario building bullshit.

    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/28/2013 6:26am at .
  5. theAsthmatic is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston, Ma
    Posts
    194

    Posted On:
    4/28/2013 2:22pm


     Style: sambo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just because I find the notion that I don't know how crime works amusing you may find it interesting that I grew up in Kuzminki, Moscow - which believe me is no picnic and further more, I lived in the RSA for almost 5 years. I actually have more scars than fingers, and it's not because I was stupid enough to train with a live blade.

    When practicing, it's best to aim for the highest common denominator. Assume that the attacker knows what he is doing and train to defend against that. When you do this, you will be able to defend against the lowest common denominator much easier. Saying something like, if they wanted to kill you, they would just walk up and do it, is both defeatist and untrue. I would think that it is much harder walk up to and kill a top level professional fighter than it is to do so to some guy that thinks a barrage of groin kicks is all it takes to survive an attack.
  6. Cuddles is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cuddleton
    Posts
    354

    Posted On:
    4/28/2013 4:08pm


     Style: HS Cuddling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruwel View Post
    As for BJJ, I trained a while under Clauber Santana and he showed me quite a few interesting moves and counter moves. Why didn't I put it in my resume, you ask? Well, I don't do it anymore and I don't consider myself a BJJ practitioner.
    May I ask how long? It sounds like a week or two at most if you don't understand the workings of a triangle, which is a beginner choke.
  7. cualltaigh is online now
    cualltaigh's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cooltown, SEQ
    Posts
    1,348

    Posted On:
    4/28/2013 5:36pm


     Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruwel View Post
    "Rather learn BJJ for locks", ag please! The only reason you cannot get out of triangle choke or arm bar in MMA is because of rules.
    So every time I get out of an armbar at training and in competition, does this mean I'm breaking the rules?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gruwel View Post
    You are not allowed to hit somebody in the groin, bite him, pick him up and slam him on his head, etc.
    I got tapped out to a triangle at a competition on the weekend, i can assure your his groin was well protected by my rib cage, my mouth was completely incapable of biting anything from that position and I was too off balance to even attempt a slam even if I was allowed to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gruwel View Post
    All which is allowed in the street. When you fight someone in the street, you're most probably not going to be able to put him in a triangle choke and if you do that with me, I'll pick you up (or just walk forward over your neck) and slam your neck onto the tar and breaking it.
    right, you're going to stack him. Gee, noone in BJJ or MMA has ever thought of that before, you'll really be able to nullify someone's training with that sort of innovative thinking...
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.
  8. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,743

    Posted On:
    4/28/2013 7:05pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    So every time I get out of an armbar at training and in competition, does this mean I'm breaking the rules?



    I got tapped out to a triangle at a competition on the weekend, i can assure your his groin was well protected by my rib cage, my mouth was completely incapable of biting anything from that position and I was too off balance to even attempt a slam even if I was allowed to.



    right, you're going to stack him. Gee, noone in BJJ or MMA has ever thought of that before, you'll really be able to nullify someone's training with that sort of innovative thinking...
    STFU! He took BJJ and ****, he knows things.
  9. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    4/28/2013 10:22pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruwel View Post

    As for BJJ, I trained a while under Clauber Santana and he showed me quite a few interesting moves and counter moves. Why didn't I put it in my resume, you ask? Well, I don't do it anymore and I don't consider myself a BJJ practitioner. There your whole argument falls flat, you say?
    This is a complete fabrication. I don't know if you had a seminar once, or trained for a month, or what, but if you still think you can bite or punch your way out of a triangle choke then you don't have any such actual training.
  10. Milk_ is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kenya, Nairobi
    Posts
    150

    Posted On:
    4/29/2014 7:57pm


     Style: Aikido, Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You grappling folk, and your lack of faith in the all great groin kick-no jutsu and bite-the-nuts-from-the-triangle choke- no jutsu....is disturbing. We all know that groin kicks and bites are invincible, listen to the Gru, he's done BJJ and put his mouth to a lot of dicks (for biting purposes). Psh, these Bjj folks *disappointed head nodding*
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.