Sponsored Links Spacer Image

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 11:26am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruwel View Post
    I myself do Muay Thai and I do Krav Maga at True Krav Maga, which according to all of you are BS.
    Looks like you didn't read very carefully.
    You come out guns blazing saying what a load of cr... KM is, but in reality none of you have ever gone through the trouble of going to an open class to give a objective opinion.
    I have done krav maga, way to assume I don't know what I'm talking about though. I'll extend you the same respect.

theAsthmatic asked, "How many scars from actual knife wounds does the instructor have at this point?" Quite a few actually but he is in fact still alive. Will you get cut during a real life situation? Most probably yes. Will a superficial cut kill you? No.
    Does your super duper complete survival system teach you to carry a trauma kit and how to use it when you are covered in superficial cuts? Mine does.
    Thanks for the video post It Is Fake, but no-one in that video were trained in any art to defend themselves against knife attacks.
    I'm not sure I trust your record of figuring out who is and isn't trained.

The one security guard did not get stabbed because, as per the narrators reasoning, he "grabbed the attackers arm". Well, that is exactly what they teach you, to grab AND CONTROL the attacker and his arm.
    And there are good and bad ways to teach this.
    "Well then I'll just switch the knife to the other hand". Sir, I'll like to see you try switch knife hands with my body in between your two hands while I immediately open a barrage of groin kicks. You'll be in so much pain that the last thing on your mind is switching hands.
    I'd like to see you try to kick my groin with a barrage of kicks when I'M already kicking YOUR groin with my own barrage of kicks! And then, whoa, the knife is in his other hand! See how these hypotheticals can go?

"Rather learn BJJ for locks", ag please! The only reason you cannot get out of triangle choke or arm bar in MMA is because of rules. You are not allowed to hit somebody in the groin, bite him, pick him up and slam him on his head, etc.
    Are you one of those people that thinks you can bite your way out of a rear naked choke or triangle choke?

All which is allowed in the street. When you fight someone in the street, you're most probably not going to be able to put him in a triangle choke and if you do that with me, I'll pick you up (or just walk forward over your neck) and slam your neck onto the tar and breaking it.
    No, because I have my Charm of Tarwalk, which gives me +7 defense against concrete! And while you're trying to gain posture I'll cut your achilles tendons with my hidden knife! To be serious though, I think you might not appreciate that someone triangle choking you has several options to keep you from standing upright, and they can break your arm too.

"Rather do a shooting course and gun training for self defense". When exactly are you going to pull your gun from your holster under your jacket or shirt when an armed attacker is pointing a gun right at your head?
    Look, you can't be I-Know-The-Real-Streetfighting-Guy and not advocate learning how to use a handgun. You learn this on a range, not in the krav maga course at the basketball course of the local JCC.

"Rather do a knife attack course". We do learn how to effectively attack with a knife.
    Krav knife seems to be reverse engineered from unarmed combat. I prefer the opposite approach.
    It's quite obvious that this site is not here to give objective opinions to different forms of MA, but more a site for naming calling and bashing.
    Said the basher.
    I dare you to come to only one class, give all of your best moves and ask whatever questions you want and THEN come and give me your objective opinion about "you'll get killed on the street".
    "You'll get killed on the street" is really more of a krav maga thing to shout at people. YOU ARE DEAD, DOUG! YOU ARE DEAD!

Anyway, like I said, I've done krav maga. I've done a seminar with Eyal Yanilov. Cool guy. Wasn't a douche like a lot of krav guys online.

If last said is true, then why does all the elite special units in the world, like the IDF special forces, train in some sort of hand-to-hand defense like Krav Maga and not in BJJ/MMA/MT?
    Um, I thought WE were the ones saying MT didn't work?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 12:42pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do I understand correctly, there are special forces that do not train in hand-to-hand combat?
    No, it's just that all the ones I have any level of respect for don't train in Krav Maga.

Do I understand correctly, there are special forces that do not train in hand-to-hand combat?
    No, it's just that all the ones I have any level of respect for don't train in Krav Maga.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 12:44pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, those gun disarms are fucking hilarious.

Seriously, those gun disarms are fucking hilarious.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 3:18pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for clearing that up, but seems you read wrong as well. I point out the words "in some sort of hand-to-hand", I did not say "explicitly Krav Maga".

If they train in BJJ/MMA/MT for other reasons than cardio and fitness, I stand corrected.
    No, you said "ALL" then you said "not in BJJ/MMA/MT." No one misread anything you said, "some" does not negate your definitive declaration about not "in BJJ/MMA/MT.". It is wrong because there are elite forces that use BJJ, MMA Sambo, Judo Boxing and other SPORT arts to train their elite forces.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 3:39pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, there's much better responses to hand changes than "I'd just kick you in the groin a bunch of times." I'd probably work, just like repeated groin kicks might also get you out of a post office line or DMV appointment, but there are much more elegant solutions. Plus you do the hand change by taking the back when they control the arm, so I'm not exactly sure where those kicks are coming from.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2013 10:02pm

Style: being a fatty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Gruwel. Would you mind posting a video of your training and sparring? The school website does not give videos about actual training. Thanks.

Posted On:
    4/27/2013 12:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai / Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Cuddles

Here's a video:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2013 8:38am

Style: sambo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for posting the video. In that particular video, the attacker seems to grab/attack with a weapon and then transform into a punching bag. In other words, there is no aliveness.

Take for example the tall blond woman at 1:35. An attacker gets her from behind by the hair, and then stops, so she can neatly do her 15 hit combo on him. More realistically, he would have tossed her to the floor and continued attacking. He already had head control after all.

I think that this is a dangerous way to train and leads to an inflated sense of your own abilities.

Posted On:
    4/27/2013 11:50am

Style: bjj/judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Cuddles

Here's a video:
    How do you not see that the video of which you handpicked and posted illustrates the criticisms and concerns that have been put up in the forum?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2013 12:07pm

Style: being a fatty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you very much for the video. Do you have any videos of sparring? If not, would you be able to film one anytime soon? A single good sparring video goes a long way here.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast