224714 Bullies, 3981 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 80
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. KravNoob is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    4/25/2013 10:37am


     Style: Krav Maga

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldiermedic View Post
    You joined the site in Jan 2013, immediately gave an overly enthusiastic rating to a school that you admitted you did not train at, came back later to "confirm" said ratings, and you haven't contributed to any other part of the site other than to bump your school's thread with suspicious updates on your training.

    Just to let you know, your ratings and opinions of this school have zero credibility, and there is no one here who takes them seriously. With each post you are actually harming this schools reputation. Either this place is run by some kind of psychopath, or you're a fool.
    Haven't done a single thread bump, note I've only responded to questions ...

    and just to state the patently obvious, but I've yet to see anyone take any review or any rating here seriously without resorting to calling bs and ultimately name calling, pick a thread, any thread, and prove me wrong?
  2. KravNoob is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    4/25/2013 10:40am


     Style: Krav Maga

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    You're an idiot.

    Your Krav instructor friend is a fucking idiot.
    Your command over the English language and general vocabulary sir is nothing short of impressive ...
  3. KravNoob is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    4/25/2013 10:42am


     Style: Krav Maga

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba View Post
    KravNoob, did the instructor

    a./ tell the audience that you are his student or

    b./ did you guys act like you are a randomly picked stranger who is given a live blade?

    For me this would be the tipping point - kind of like when magicians "ask for a volunteer" from a crowd where the co-worker is already waiting to go on stage...

    If the instructor clearly explained that "a student of mine is going to make a certain, agreed-upon movement and I will show a means to deflect such an attack", while explaining the intricacies/dangers of an attack with a blade, I´m kind of OK with such a demo.

    However if he tried to create the impression of being able to easily fend off any attack with a blade, he is a moron for he creates a feeling of false security in his students and people who watched the demo and do not know better.
    Tonuzaba, I see what you're saying, the entire "audience" in this case were students, there could have been no doubt that this was student and instructor, it was pretty much your scenario that you say you are kind of OK with
  4. KravNoob is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    4/25/2013 10:45am


     Style: Krav Maga

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Impromptu Hamlet performance where there's no script? Is that a thing?
    there could be such a thing :D

    Permalost, not replying to each post of yours, already getting accused of thread bumping and what-not, just wanted to say I'm finding your contributions very informative, cheers
  5. Katje is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    641

    Posted On:
    4/25/2013 12:08pm


     Style: Escrima n00b

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for your response to my post. So you've been to a seminar with these guys, have you now enrolled with them, or is the discussion still based off that seminar?

    What are your interests/goals in martial arts & training going forward?
  6. KravNoob is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    4/25/2013 1:40pm


     Style: Krav Maga

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katje View Post
    Thanks for your response to my post. So you've been to a seminar with these guys, have you now enrolled with them, or is the discussion still based off that seminar?

    What are your interests/goals in martial arts & training going forward?
    Katje, I enrolled at the end of Jan, training is ongoing, at least twice a week. For the moment I'm satisfied, but going forward I'll seriously consider cross training in a weapons based art after reading the input here from others.

    Kali / Escrima or similar, would be interested in any reputable schools around Cape Town if anyone knows of any?
  7. theAsthmatic is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston, Ma
    Posts
    194

    Posted On:
    4/25/2013 1:53pm


     Style: sambo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not Kali, but at least this is a full contact style that has some schools in Cape Town if you want to check it out.
    http://www.enshin.co.za/html/summer_camp__09.html
  8. Gruwel is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8

    Posted On:
    4/26/2013 1:59am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai / Krav Maga

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi all

    As you can see I'm new to this site/thread, but not to MA; I have however read a few threads previously on this site regarding the quality of different dojos etc.

    I myself do Muay Thai and I do Krav Maga at True Krav Maga, which according to all of you are BS. Well have any of you guys ever tried KM? You come out guns blazing saying what a load of cr... KM is, but in reality none of you have ever gone through the trouble of going to an open class to give a objective opinion.

    theAsthmatic asked, "How many scars from actual knife wounds does the instructor have at this point?" Quite a few actually but he is in fact still alive. Will you get cut during a real life situation? Most probably yes. Will a superficial cut kill you? No.

    As KravNoob pointed out, the idea is not to prevent any injuries, the idea is to survive with minimum injuries. Thanks for the video post It Is Fake, but no-one in that video were trained in any art to defend themselves against knife attacks. The one security guard did not get stabbed because, as per the narrators reasoning, he "grabbed the attackers arm". Well, that is exactly what they teach you, to grab AND CONTROL the attacker and his arm. "Well then I'll just switch the knife to the other hand". Sir, I'll like to see you try switch knife hands with my body in between your two hands while I immediately open a barrage of groin kicks. You'll be in so much pain that the last thing on your mind is switching hands.

    "Rather learn BJJ for locks", ag please! The only reason you cannot get out of triangle choke or arm bar in MMA is because of rules. You are not allowed to hit somebody in the groin, bite him, pick him up and slam him on his head, etc. All which is allowed in the street. When you fight someone in the street, you're most probably not going to be able to put him in a triangle choke and if you do that with me, I'll pick you up (or just walk forward over your neck) and slam your neck onto the tar and breaking it.

    "Rather do a shooting course and gun training for self defense". When exactly are you going to pull your gun from your holster under your jacket or shirt when an armed attacker is pointing a gun right at your head?

    "Rather do a knife attack course". We do learn how to effectively attack with a knife.

    It's quite obvious that this site is not here to give objective opinions to different forms of MA, but more a site for naming calling and bashing. I dare you to come to only one class, give all of your best moves and ask whatever questions you want and THEN come and give me your objective opinion about "you'll get killed on the street". If last said is true, then why does all the elite special units in the world, like the IDF special forces, train in some sort of hand-to-hand defense like Krav Maga and not in BJJ/MMA/MT?

    Regards
  9. Tonuzaba is offline
    Tonuzaba's Avatar

    C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    5,594

    Posted On:
    4/26/2013 2:42am

    supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello Gruwel.

    Where/under whom do you train Muay Thai, for how long?

    Where did you train grappling/BJJ to be able to judge the effectivity of triangle chokes or any other chokes for that matter?

    How many times were you caught into any kind of choke by a grappler and got out?

    Just to be clear - you are wrong about Bullshido members being antagonistic. I know it reads like that to you now, but you are reading into it.

    What most folks in this thread or on Bullshido in general are saying is not that "KM is BS" (at least not all of it :-D). We were critical of the OPs approach, i.e. writing a review based on a pre-arranged demo show, instead of regular attendance.

    We called bluff on a "perfect" knife defence against a random attacker with a real blade, which the OP clarified - the scenario was just the instructor and one of his students.

    As for the rest of your "wouldn´t work on the streets" bullshit - just proving that you were not lying about being new to this site.

    Read up.

    Please.

    CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

    "Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal
  10. Katje is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    641

    Posted On:
    4/26/2013 5:37am


     Style: Escrima n00b

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruwel View Post
    Hi all

    As you can see I'm new to this site/thread, but not to MA; I have however read a few threads previously on this site regarding the quality of different dojos etc.

    I myself do Muay Thai and I do Krav Maga at True Krav Maga, which according to all of you are BS. Well have any of you guys ever tried KM? You come out guns blazing saying what a load of cr... KM is, but in reality none of you have ever gone through the trouble of going to an open class to give a objective opinion.
    Hi Gruwel

    If you have another read through the thread you'll find that there are very few references to Krav itself being BS.

    Krav is unfortunately one of those styles that, while it certainly can be effective, is often peddled as t3h d34dly (translation: THE DEADLY) with instructors claiming lineage and expertise that they do not in fact possess. These instructors are often poorly qualified and will end up teaching dangerously just to look tough, and the students will learn ineffective techniques that could end up getting them killed. So the mention of Krav in conjunction with "live blades" immediately piqued people's suspicions. If you have a read around the boards you'll see that there are a number of styles that are treated this way.

    theAsthmatic asked, "How many scars from actual knife wounds does the instructor have at this point?" Quite a few actually but he is in fact still alive. Will you get cut during a real life situation? Most probably yes. Will a superficial cut kill you? No.
    Did he get these cuts during classes? To be honest, the main point of most of these posts is questioning the need for, and use, of live blades in training - whether against an instructor or a student. The reasons for this questioning have been stated very clearly and thoughtfully throughout the thread.

    [QUOTE]As KravNoob pointed out, the idea is not to prevent any injuries, the idea is to survive with minimum injuries. Thanks for the video post It Is Fake, but no-one in that video were trained in any art to defend themselves against knife attacks. The one security guard did not get stabbed because, as per the narrators reasoning, he "grabbed the attackers arm". Well, that is exactly what they teach you, to grab AND CONTROL the attacker and his arm. "Well then I'll just switch the knife to the other hand". Sir, I'll like to see you try switch knife hands with my body in between your two hands while I immediately open a barrage of groin kicks. You'll be in so much pain that the last thing on your mind is switching hands.[QUOTE]

    Maybe post some vids of the techniques you are talking about? Perhaps there's something missing in a text description that a video would clarify.

    It's also important to keep in mind that just because you don't like some posters doesn't mean that they don't have a wealth of information to share. Der Auslander, for instance, is one of our very experienced knife okies and he or others may have techniques at his disposal that you don't.

    "Rather learn BJJ for locks", ag please! The only reason you cannot get out of triangle choke or arm bar in MMA is because of rules. You are not allowed to hit somebody in the groin, bite him, pick him up and slam him on his head, etc. All which is allowed in the street. When you fight someone in the street, you're most probably not going to be able to put him in a triangle choke and if you do that with me, I'll pick you up (or just walk forward over your neck) and slam your neck onto the tar and breaking it.
    Indeed you are allowed to bite, kick, scratch, go for the goolies and all those good things. I'd hasten to add that outside the ring you also don't stop short of breaking someone's bones. What most "it won't work outside the ring" peeps don't seem to realise is that the rules of fighting for sport (important this word: sport) restrict both the defender AND the attacker.

    "Rather do a shooting course and gun training for self defense". When exactly are you going to pull your gun from your holster under your jacket or shirt when an armed attacker is pointing a gun right at your head?
    To be fair, the gun isn't always pointed at your head. In SA a gun course might actually be a wise supplement in all honesty.

    It's quite obvious that this site is not here to give objective opinions to different forms of MA, but more a site for naming calling and bashing. I dare you to come to only one class, give all of your best moves and ask whatever questions you want and THEN come and give me your objective opinion about "you'll get killed on the street". If last said is true, then why does all the elite special units in the world, like the IDF special forces, train in some sort of hand-to-hand defense like Krav Maga and not in BJJ/MMA/MT?
    Don't get so worked up about the swearing. For some guys here it's like breathing, it just happens.... and they might die if they stop. There has actually been a lot of good quality, robust discussion in this thread (with and without the profanity), and you ignore that while attacking members here at your own peril.

    There are almost no bullies in CT so, sadly, coming along to check it out isn't going to happen. You're right that the site is not here to give objective opinions about different forms of MA - it is here to investigate fraudulent claims (your school is obviously not one of those schools) and to rigorously test and question each school/style to see if it stands up to the challenge. Each member is free to have their own opinions and unfortunately for some posters here nobody is required to be polite about them.

    It's clear that you're passionate about your school and having it challenged like this is uncomfortable for you. A piece of advice though? You'll serve the image of your school much better to keep your head and be systematic, the way KravNoob is, than to just attack the other members and tar them all with the ****-posting brush. Not only will that rub the genuine contributors up the wrong way, it would open you up to a storm of criticism and counter-attack that will be VERY uncomfortable indeed! If you can keep your head under fire you'll earn respect here.

    Welcome to the boards boet.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.