Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    1/13/2013 8:47pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Playing devil's advocate here and it is just a thought, but as a LEO, slamdunc may have seen just as many false claims of assault as he has seen actual cases of rape. So automatically calling him a misogynist might be a little harsh.
    Yep, my jaded, cynical viewpoint; it is what it is. It comes from over 50% of my reporting victims telling me in confidence that they had a few too many and their husband / boyfriend / parents found out what happened so they claimed they didn't / couldn't give consent. This coming from someone who fifteen years ago, believed the victim 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    Slamdunc's initial response and subsequent turnaround are insightful into what the martial arts' community's reaction would have been if this woman didn't have video to back up her statement. Many people reflexively refuse to believe women when they say they've been assaulted.
    No Sir, that was just my lack of attention to detail and does not reflect any community as a whole. It was a case of I had my head up my ass and missed something critical.

I re-read the entire post and must admit that I was presumptuous; I took on water and saw the error of my ways.

Last edited by slamdunc; 1/13/2013 8:51pm at .

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    1/14/2013 6:22pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    Please don't.

This infographic has been debunked already, and even if it hadn't it's vague to the point of being utterly useless.

Don't take this to in any way show my feeling towards sexual assault, or this case. I just hate shitty infographics.
    I do not aspire to be great, or even good, I hope to suck a little less then last class.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/14/2013 6:49pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    And the rest is plain old deeply-ingrained misogyny: men get the benefit of the doubt; women need video to back up their story. Given that slamdunc is/was both LEO and Military, and his (her?) sig denounces both tits and *****, I expect this is the primary factor. (If you don't like the fact that slamdunc being LEO and military makes me jump to that conclusion, convince him (her?) not to jump to the defense of the rapist the next time the topic of sexual assault comes up.)
    -for giving people **** for jumping to conclusions, you're sure jumping to conclusions here

-I prefer my LEOs to keep their angry judgements until after they get the facts. Don't you?

-reading what slamdumc said, I wouldn't call that "jumping to a rapists' defense":
    If they did this, I agree. There is, however, the presumption of innocence at this point. The detectives have applied for a warrant because they heard what she said and they have a circumstantial case.

I wonder what their version of the night will be like.
    He agreed that they should get maximum punishment if they did it, so he's jumping to a rapists' defense? Hell, I thought he answered just like an LEO who didn't have all the information should respond.
    Last edited by Permalost; 1/14/2013 7:10pm at .

Posted On:
    1/14/2013 10:03pm

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rape cases and restraining order cases have the same dynamic. False allegations of rape and domestic violence provide cover for actual perpetrators. False accusations are what I call the "left hand" of rape and DV. They aren't "as bad" but that is not the correct way to look at it. They occur often enough to make people question actual victims, and of course charging people who commit the crime of false reporting does what? Discourages actual victims from coming forward. It's one of those areas in the law where better judgment is the key. It's horrible stuff.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/14/2013 10:16pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really 1point2? Insight into the Martial Arts community? Should I get all of the child and adult rape where you, as well as others, immediately defended the victim? One poster gives you insight?

How many threads have you posted the "he was found not guilty, it doesn't mean he is innocent" cliche? So, does that mean you aren't part of the martial arts community or are you ranting?

MAP has fucked you up.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 1/14/2013 10:19pm at .

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 12:52am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DCPD hasn't gotten back to me with confirmation that I can pick up the arrest records yet.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 1:04am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The statistical consensus is that between 10 and 30 percent of women in the USA will experience attempted or completed rape. Meanwhile the number of reported rapes is tiny and the conviction rate is tinier. Sources:

http://www.rainn.org/statistics
    http://www.oneinfourusa.org/statistics.php
    http://www.slc.edu/offices-services/...tatistics.html

Meanwhile the amount of false accusations filed is between 2 and 8 percent, a tiny percentage of the number of rapes brought to legal attention, itself a tiny percentage of the number of rapes committed.
    Source: http://ndaa.org/pdf/the_voice_vol_3_no_1_2009.pdf

The same fact sheet shows that the majority of rapes are committed by someone the survivor knows, making those "how to keep from getting raped" fact sheets not just condescending and victim blaming but actually themselves bullshido. Of course there are sloppy thinking, self serving bros who will ignore all evidence to the contrary, like slamdunc, for instance...

Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc
    Yep, my jaded, cynical viewpoint; it is what it is. It comes from over 50% of my reporting victims telling me in confidence that they had a few too many and their husband / boyfriend / parents found out what happened so they claimed they didn't / couldn't give consent.
    And it's been my experience that people who say things like this are always rape-apologist power-douches. Funny how personal experience works that way, huh?

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 1:07am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sad on many different levels. While I've never been a fan of Lloyd's marketing in the past, his response to this incident (i.e. lloydirvinrape.com) is beyond belief.

My thoughts go out to the victim.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 9:37am

Style: Pekiti Tirsia Kali

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    The same fact sheet shows that the majority of rapes are committed by someone the survivor knows, making those "how to keep from getting raped" fact sheets not just condescending and victim blaming but actually themselves bullshido. Of course there are sloppy thinking, self serving bros who will ignore all evidence to the contrary, like slamdunc, for instance...

And it's been my experience that people who say things like this are always rape-apologist power-douches. Funny how personal experience works that way, huh?
    Look, I don't know slamdunc and I don't know you. But, I was uniformed patrol for 5 years taking reports, including several initial reports for sexually based crimes prior to a detective getting involved. Of the several reports I have taken (I don't know the actual number), one was shown to be an actual crime. Only one.

Now, in Law Enforcement, the purpose of investigating sex crimes is to prove the victim's complaint. Not to try a show it was false, to try and prove it to be true. So the criminal can then be prosecuted and sent to jail.

I'm sorry, but where do you get off saying that someone with experience taking these reports and investigating these crimes is not entitled to their opinion as to a high level of false complaints. Based on my experiences, I'm entitled to make the same claim as slamdunc. But I, as I'm sure he does, approaches each such case individually based on the cases own merits.

So tell me, Hedgehogey, am I the same rape-apologist power-douche as slamdunc? Hell, my percentage of false reports is a hell of a lot higher than his at 50%. Of course, I don't feel like a power-douche sitting with a crying woman in an ER room telling me about a terrible night. But that's me.

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 9:57am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'll be fighting a winnerless war with hedgehogey here, bro. He believes that males are rapists innate and that only he and others that believe what he believes have attained complete control over his and their maleness and inherent urges. An overwhelmingly massive percentage of men are rapists, while only a few women manipulate a legal system designed to protect them. It's statistics, yo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast