221239 Bullies, 4264 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 40
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
  1. 1point2 is offline
    1point2's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,103

    Posted On:
    1/13/2013 6:50pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Slamdunc's initial response and subsequent turnaround are insightful into what the martial arts' community's reaction would have been if this woman didn't have video to back up her statement. Many people reflexively refuse to believe women when they say they've been assaulted.

    One part of that response is the just-world fallacy: "I refuse to believe that this world could be terrible enough that two guys pretend to help a friend home from the bar and instead rape her mercilessly."

    Another part of that response is a pseudo-lawyer with Asberger's: "technically we don't know what happened, guys, so let's not jump to conclusions." I'm sure that was how these people viewed the OJ case, Casey Anthony, and so on.

    And the rest is plain old deeply-ingrained misogyny: men get the benefit of the doubt; women need video to back up their story. Given that slamdunc is/was both LEO and Military, and his (her?) sig denounces both tits and *****, I expect this is the primary factor. (If you don't like the fact that slamdunc being LEO and military makes me jump to that conclusion, convince him (her?) not to jump to the defense of the rapist the next time the topic of sexual assault comes up.)

    Note also that there are dipshits coming out of the woodwork already who are saying, despite the video, that it must have been consensual. Suffice it to say I think this is a misguided point of view.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates
  2. Matt Phillips is online now
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,465

    Posted On:
    1/13/2013 6:50pm

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maldonado will have a shot at that kind of defense because she was "with him" when they enter the frame. Also he leaves the scene before the worts of it happens, returns, and "backs away" from what's happening. Also, importantly, when asked who assaulted her she only named Schultz initially. Maldonado is still a prick, but he's got a better defense. Schultz looks like a psychopath in this, and a pathetic one to boot.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
  3. Matt Phillips is online now
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,465

    Posted On:
    1/13/2013 6:54pm

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    Slamdunc's initial response and subsequent turnaround are insightful into what the martial arts' community's reaction would have been if this woman didn't have video to back up her statement. Many people reflexively refuse to believe women when they say they've been assaulted.

    One part of that response is the just-world fallacy: "I refuse to believe that this world could be terrible enough that two guys pretend to help a friend home from the bar and instead rape her mercilessly."

    Another part of that response is a pseudo-lawyer with Asberger's: "technically we don't know what happened, guys, so let's not jump to conclusions." I'm sure that was how these people viewed the OJ case, Casey Anthony, and so on.

    And the rest is plain old deeply-ingrained misogyny: men get the benefit of the doubt; women need video to back up their story. Given that slamdunc is/was both LEO and Military, and his (her?) sig denounces both tits and *****, I expect this is the primary factor. (If you don't like the fact that slamdunc being LEO and military makes me jump to that conclusion, convince him (her?) not to jump to the defense of the rapist the next time the topic of sexual assault comes up.)

    Note also that there are dipshits coming out of the woodwork already who are saying, despite the video, that it must have been consensual. Suffice it to say I think this is a misguided point of view.
    None of that matters. It is a crime to have sex with a person who is that heavily intoxicated, and that is exactly what the two men are charged with. I don't care if she promised to let them tag team her in a garage or not; the law is very clear on this.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
  4. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,238

    Posted On:
    1/13/2013 7:47pm

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    Slamdunc's initial response and subsequent turnaround are insightful into what the martial arts' community's reaction would have been if this woman didn't have video to back up her statement. Many people reflexively refuse to believe women when they say they've been assaulted.

    One part of that response is the just-world fallacy: "I refuse to believe that this world could be terrible enough that two guys pretend to help a friend home from the bar and instead rape her mercilessly."

    Another part of that response is a pseudo-lawyer with Asberger's: "technically we don't know what happened, guys, so let's not jump to conclusions." I'm sure that was how these people viewed the OJ case, Casey Anthony, and so on.

    And the rest is plain old deeply-ingrained misogyny: men get the benefit of the doubt; women need video to back up their story. Given that slamdunc is/was both LEO and Military, and his (her?) sig denounces both tits and *****, I expect this is the primary factor. (If you don't like the fact that slamdunc being LEO and military makes me jump to that conclusion, convince him (her?) not to jump to the defense of the rapist the next time the topic of sexual assault comes up.)

    Note also that there are dipshits coming out of the woodwork already who are saying, despite the video, that it must have been consensual. Suffice it to say I think this is a misguided point of view.
    Playing devil's advocate here and it is just a thought, but as a LEO, slamdunc may have seen just as many false claims of assault as he has seen actual cases of rape. So automatically calling him a misogynist might be a little harsh.

    There are many factors that indicate she wasn't a willing participant even without the video. Simplistically saying that men get the benefit of the doubt and women need video is not true in the legal sense, men will be charged with rape the moment a woman claims they have been raped, they will be arrested on the woman's word, sometimes with little to no other evidence. If you are referring to public opinion, well, this is why slamdunc said there is a "presumption of innocence", although he probably should have read the facts first in order to not have said the whole "circumstantial evidence" line.

    As Matt has said, once a person is intoxicated, in the eyes of the law, they can no longer consent to sexual activity. Therefore the whole, "she could have consented" thing is bullshit, she couldn't consent, not morally and certainly not legally. Personally I believe there are a number of factors which would suggest that it was definitely NOT consensual even if she "consented" while inebriated, including being left in the parking lot, hitting her head and immediately reporting it to the police afterwards. They paint a picture of a woman wronged. Once again, though, presumption of innocence.

    It is actually something that I have struggled with being that I don't drink and have had girls, while inebriated, want to take me home (cause you know I am the sex). In a weird turn of events, I have told one she was too drunk (she denied this vehemently but it didn't change my mind) and another that I thought was borderline, I plied her with a lot of water and held off taking her home from the party for a few hours to be sure she was sobered up. Having faced court already due to the lies of a woman, I will not be repeating that experience if I can avoid it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

    You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
  5. Matt Phillips is online now
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,465

    Posted On:
    1/13/2013 7:55pm

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly, and this is just my personal feeling, rape vs no rape is irrelevant to me when you're talking about a case like this. Suppose it was consensual, and that she was not even drunk. She hit her head 6 times on concrete and the dude only worried about stuffing his dick in her mouth some more, and left her half naked, unconscious, on concrete, in DC, in JANUARY (records show it was 29F, -2C). Total disregard for Human welfare.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 1/13/2013 7:59pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
  6. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,238

    Posted On:
    1/13/2013 8:10pm

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Honestly, and this is just my personal feeling, rape vs no rape is irrelevant to me when you're talking about a case like this. Suppose it was consensual, and that she was not even drunk. She hit her head 6 times on concrete and the dude only worried about stuffing his dick in her mouth some more, and left her half naked, unconscious, on concrete, in DC, in JANUARY (records show it was 29F, -2C). Total disregard for Human welfare.
    Exactly, that is what I meant. Anyone who says that there are chicks that like to be degraded and hit and is linking that to this situation is a fucking moron. Yes, they exist. But they participate willingly and SAFELY. There is nothing "safe" about the alleged attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

    You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
  7. Hedgehogey is offline
    Hedgehogey's Avatar

    Tsun-Derrorist

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,332

    Posted On:
    1/13/2013 8:19pm

    supporting member
     Style: ^_^

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Playing devil's advocate here
    Please don't.

    and it is just a thought, but as a LEO, slamdunc may have seen just as many false claims of assault as he has seen actual cases of rape.


    "The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

    RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

    THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

    It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children
  8. Matt Phillips is online now
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,465

    Posted On:
    1/13/2013 8:29pm

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Exactly, that is what I meant. Anyone who says that there are chicks that like to be degraded and hit and is linking that to this situation is a fucking moron. Yes, they exist. But they participate willingly and SAFELY. There is nothing "safe" about the alleged attack.
    Shall we ask them what her safeword was? Is someone actually making that asinine argument?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
  9. Matt Phillips is online now
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,465

    Posted On:
    1/13/2013 8:38pm

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    Please don't.



    if the falsely accused are convicted thats a 20% false incarceration rate. Also, "Falsely Accused" is not a kind of "Rapist", it's a kind of victim.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
  10. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,238

    Posted On:
    1/13/2013 8:40pm

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Shall we ask them what her safeword was? Is someone actually making that asinine argument?
    Apparently:

    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post

    Note also that there are dipshits coming out of the woodwork already who are saying, despite the video, that it must have been consensual. Suffice it to say I think this is a misguided point of view.
    Oh look, the White Knight has ridden on his reposted meme steed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

    You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.